PDA

View Full Version : Hey scrappers/crafters, a lil help?

Pages : [1] 2

potterphreak
09-05-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi guys, just wondering where I can find all the fun DL exclusive scrapping items I keep seeing? Is there one store that has them all or do I need to go to several? I am planning on getting an annual pass this year so for the first time I will be doing more than 4 pages in an album a year-woohoo, a whole album of just Disneyland! LOL
Thanks for any and all help!!

Lookit me, under 90 days til my first trip of 2005!!!
|
|
|
=
\/

newportbeachbumz
09-05-2005, 06:58 PM
I bought a lot of Scrapbooking stuff at the store next to the Baby Care Center a while back.

The other day I was in the World of Disney store and saw the 50th themed paper kit. If you end up with an AP that gives discounts don't forget to use it. :)

MammaSilva
09-05-2005, 07:00 PM
First of all congrats on your trip! Second of all, I sooo regret to tell you that the actual park is NOT your friend when it comes to official scrapbook supplies, they have a very limited amount, and what they do have you can find gathered on Main street at the back of the photo shop/china store....scrapbook stores have TONS of great stuff on the market and Creative Memories has a couple really cute 'kits', one is called a done with one and the other is a snap pack

snap pack =

http://www.creativememories.com/ProductCollection/ProductCollection.aspx?gid=0&igid=254

Done with one =
http://www.creativememories.com/ProductCollection/ProductCollection.aspx?gid=0&igid=883

And most adorable of all - the 7x7 album that I got to make the most awesome autograph book for my daughter

http://www.creativememories.com/ProductCollection/ProductCollection.aspx?gid=0&igid=877

Having said that about buying product in the park....don't forget to get post cards and napkins and the guide to the magic and ask for extra stickers from City Hall that say Honorary Citizen or if it's a birthday ask for a second birthday sticker for their scrapbook, the CM's are WONDERFULLY supportive of it.

Have fun, I don't think there's anything more fun than scrapping my disney stuff.

Mary Faith
09-05-2005, 07:10 PM
http://www.mousememories.com/

Another site to check out for supplies!

newportbeachbumz
09-05-2005, 07:12 PM
Thanks for posting those links. I have the creative memories snap pack - Love it! Mousememories looks awesome ... can't wait to order stuff. :)

Mary Faith
09-05-2005, 07:16 PM
YVW nothing better to remember your trip's then Scrapbooks. Big improvement over just sticking them in albums! And everyone loves looking at the pic's when in Scrapbook's!

potterphreak
09-05-2005, 07:56 PM
I actually used Mousememories for our first family trip (October 2001) and have a ton of that left over. And I have just about everything from Creative Memories-I am interested in the scissors that cut Mickeys head, and maybe some punches and anything else I am forgetting that is sold ONLY in the park. I see I can buy them at Mouse Shoppe, but isn't half the fun in searching and finding and buying (must be my inner Neanderthal coming out-must hunt/gather/cook my scrap supplies grunt grun!) HAHAHAHA!

Thanks, will definitely check out the photo shop on Main St!

MammaSilva
09-05-2005, 08:02 PM
I bought the scissors and the mickey punch on my trip last year, this past trip I got a different mickey punch, and just this weekend I found two icon punches online and onsale so I was a happy camper, I understand there's a tinkerbell punch available right now.

kimc0486
09-05-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm a HUGE scrapbooker and always looking for new stuff, especially Disney! I'm just finishing up a scrapbook from my Disney trip last summer (a week) and its about 40 pages!! No joke haha. Anyways, i've hunted and searched just about everything out there! Mousememories is good, but EBAY is the best i've found, they have EVERYTHING on the planet! And tons of paper pieced things that are one of a kind. Another thing I discovered yesterday while I was at Home Depot, yes Home Depot! Was in the paint section, they have Disney paint and have swatches of their color in the shape of mickey's head. Because it is paint, there is every color on the planet, well I took on of each and lots of red/black/white, its on cardstock, but tonight I cut them out and it worked great! Can't really find anything in those colors anywhere, and you especially cant beat the price :D . Goodluck with your scrapping adventures!

ILoveChurros
09-05-2005, 09:45 PM
If you want some good Disney stickers Michaels has some, I got a bunch that had characters and Main Street stickers.

lauras5boys
09-06-2005, 07:24 AM
They have quite a few scrapbooking supplies in the hotel gift shops too. I saw a nice little section DLH.

krissy1977
09-06-2005, 09:17 AM
I have also found a lot of stuff at Roberts Crafts Store. You can also find a lot of stickers on websites such as stickerplanet.com and stickersgalore.com

Rteneyck
09-06-2005, 09:34 AM
I usually get all of my stuff at a store name Recollections, which is owned by Michaels. They have a whole section that is dedicated just to Disney Products. Awesome stuff!

crazi4dlr
09-06-2005, 10:22 AM
I found my stuff in the scrapbooking section at the World of Disney store and also at the Emporium on Main Street. I got some great stickers and paper and Mickey head brads. There were also some 50 anniversary stuff there that I bet can't be found outside the park.

MrsPooh
09-06-2005, 12:06 PM
I got a pair of Mickey head scissors last summer, and either I am doing something wrong or they are poorly made because the scissor blades keep bending out of shape, making the cutting practically impossible. I have Mr. Pooh straighten them out every so often with pliars. Anyone else have this problem?

We have a scrapbook store here in town that sells some great Disney stuff. We found some neat under sea pages with Nemo stickers, we are saving those for when the new Submarine ride comes out! ;)

Lani
09-06-2005, 12:24 PM
I just wanted to add, since both of them are probably too humble to mention it directly, that AdrienneK is a Creative Memories consultant, and Brian Bennett and his wife own MouseMemories and work out of the Orlando area.

Also, Disney has started selling Disney-branded scrapbooking merchandise in their Downtown Disney stores (both in Anaheim and Florida).

PrincessAmie
09-06-2005, 03:10 PM
I got my stuff at World of Disney in DTD. :)

silence
11-14-2005, 12:57 PM
are there any local stores close to the park worth checking out??

Poptart
11-14-2005, 01:41 PM
I'm making Mickey invitations for my DS birthday and got the papers, plastic Mickeys, ribbon, etc at Joann's Etc. there should be one near Disney.

asharpcook
11-23-2005, 03:03 AM
Hi all,
I am an avid scrapbooker and I heard there were scrapbooking supplies, albums, etc. available at DL. Can anyone tell me where? I am leaving around noon on the 23rd (Weds) so any help would be appreciated! I will check the board before I leave- I sure hope someone can help!
AS:confused:

asharpcook
11-23-2005, 03:05 AM
Hi all,
I am an avid scrapbooker and I heard there were scrapbooking supplies, albums, etc. available at DL. Can anyone tell me where? I am leaving around noon on the 23rd (Weds) so any help would be appreciated! I will check the board before I leave- I sure hope someone can help!
AS:confused:

11-23-2005, 04:05 AM
Moderator's note: threads merged

celinas mommy
11-23-2005, 04:52 AM
I have been able to find some Disney Scrapbook stuff in the World Of Disney store in Downtown Disney...

The photo shop on main street had a few items last year when I was there also.

I have also used mousememories.com to supplies.

MammaSilva
11-23-2005, 04:54 AM
There is a limited amount of scrapbook supplies at the parks/resort. At World of Disney it's over in the first "room" coming from the Hotel end of Downtown Disney. They have a few "kits" with pages/stickers and I have to say they aren't a good value for what you get. I bought one several visits ago and now buy all my Disney papers/stickers from either my Creative Memories consultant or my local scrapbook store. They had a couple actual scrapbooks but they are the 3 ring binder style. What they do/did have that I bought all of was specific punches. They had Mickey, Minnie, Stitch (a must in this house) a castle and a tinkerbell. They also had a few eyelets but not a big selection.

During the 'regular' season the same things can/could be found inside Disneyland at the China shop but I don't know where they were over in DCA.

Hope this helps.

sjcivilady
11-23-2005, 06:12 AM
Ditto to MammaSilva's reply. I was there last week - got a Mickey punch and a couple of packs of stickers. The box has stickers specific to Disneyland and CA Adv. (in the World of Disney store, Downtown Disney) I don't think you can get those anywhere else (meaning private stores). Other things make good scrapbooking supplies, too - such as fastpasses. Have fun on your trip! I'm going through withdrawals, myself. The upcoming 4 day weekend helps, though :)