PDA

View Full Version : Transportation Question

disneygirlie
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Hey everyone. I'm a Walt Disney World pro but am planning my first trip to Disneyland. I know right now Disney World resort guests are being offered the Magical Express and was just wondering if they are doing the same for Disneyland. If not, what is your choice of transportation to and from the airport? Thanks for your help! :)

Leap for Joy
09-05-2005, 03:33 PM
The answer to this question depends on a couple of things. Which airport are you flying into, and how many people are in your group?

hlbtimes2
09-05-2005, 04:44 PM
Your options would be: rental car, bus (picks up at the airport and goes to a bunch of hotels)- cheap but takes a while, shuttle (we usually use the shuttle) or a cab
( would only use from SNA/ John Wayne/ Orange county- (that is one airport, has many names).

disneygirlie
09-05-2005, 04:50 PM
We're flying in January 4th and leaving January 10th. It will be just two of us and we were planning on flying into LAX. I haven't booked the airfare yet because I'm confused on which airport is the best to use. Any more help would be great, thanks.

heidiwhr
09-05-2005, 04:56 PM
While Orange County (aka John Wayne, aka SNA) airport is closer, LAX is usually less expensive to fly into. If you have not been before, I would recommend biting the bullet dollar-wise and fly into SNA. I also highly suggest renting a car. From SNA, it is a short 15-20 minute dirve to DL and you have the freedom to drive down the street to eat off-site if you wish. If you just stay off the freeway at peak rush-hour times, you should not have any issues with the traffic. Have fun!

sierranevada
09-05-2005, 05:12 PM
If it does not cost too much more, definitely fly into SNA (John Wayne/Orange County) over LAX (LAX is a madhouse). Supershuttle is the best way to go - it is $10 per person from SNA and (I believe) it is $15 per person from LAX - however, SNA is about 20 minutes away and LAX can take any where from 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours depending on traffic. Don't know where you are flying out of - if Jetblue is an option, try Jetblue into Long Beach Airport (LBG). It is only a few miles further from DLR than SNA

emmah
09-05-2005, 05:13 PM
We're flying in January 4th and leaving January 10th. It will be just two of us and we were planning on flying into LAX. I haven't booked the airfare yet because I'm confused on which airport is the best to use. Any more help would be great, thanks.

I always use the supershuttle - it costs about $15 each way and takes about 40 minutes. You catch it just outside the bag collection area at the airport, and you can pre-book your return journey. :)

disneygirlie
09-06-2005, 02:44 PM
Thanks for the help everyone! :)