PDA

View Full Version : Cause of breakdowns

potzbie
09-05-2005, 12:34 PM
I have a technical question.
For those fixed-track rides (e.g., Haunted Mansion; Indiana Jones), what is the cause of the cars coming to a stop?

Is it because there is a delay in loading, and they must delay all following cars accordingly?
Is it because someone's hat or sunglasses got caught on the track, and a sensor goes crazy?
Is it pure electrical glitch that no one knows the cause of?

(I have experienced temporary delays on HM and IJ and POTC, and one permanent delay on DCA's GRR.)

scoobygang7144
09-05-2005, 12:48 PM
i don't know if it is the same reason for IJ or POTC but on HM they stop the ride to help someone that is in a wheelchair get on or get off.

Malcon10t
09-05-2005, 01:24 PM
I have a technical question.
For those fixed-track rides (e.g., Haunted Mansion; Indiana Jones), what is the cause of the cars coming to a stop?

Is it because there is a delay in loading, and they must delay all following cars accordingly?
Is it because someone's hat or sunglasses got caught on the track, and a sensor goes crazy?
Is it pure electrical glitch that no one knows the cause of?

(I have experienced temporary delays on HM and IJ and POTC, and one permanent delay on DCA's GRR.)HM has delays which are generally limited to one per ride, as they stop at buggy 5 to remove and load wheelchair and other assistance needed guests. POTC will stop when they have a specific number of boats backed up at the loading area.