PDA

View Full Version : Which one would you ride?

Pages : [1] 2 3

mariogarza
09-05-2005, 11:34 AM
If you could magically go back in time to the golden days of Disneyland, which would be the one ride you would ride if you could?

I would definitelly ride the Mine Train through Nature's Wonderland...

DisneyDustin22
09-05-2005, 11:37 AM
If you could magically go back in time to the golden days of Disneyland, which would be the one ride you would ride if you could?

Who says this isnt a golden time? ;) It's more golden then it's ever been! I would have to say Peoplemover for my vote.

scoobygang7144
09-05-2005, 11:43 AM
i would have to say the skyway.

rentayenta
09-05-2005, 11:45 AM
The Subs. :crying:

MuckaMowie
09-05-2005, 12:07 PM
Without a doubt, flying saucers! They were rockin'! :D

THpoohbear
09-05-2005, 12:20 PM
i would have to say the skyway.

I second that vote!

potzbie
09-05-2005, 12:24 PM
Without a doubt, flying saucers! They were rockin'! :D
Flying saucers for me.

The feel and the sounds of FLIGHT TO THE MOON and/or MISSION TO MARS would be second.

TowerofTerror
09-05-2005, 12:47 PM
The flying saucers for me or even the SKY Buckets again. I rember riding it a few time when i was real young

Vlyger
09-05-2005, 01:08 PM
I don't remember much of Disneyland before 1984 because I was still pretty young. So, I would want to check out Alice In Wonderland (pre-1983) just to see how much different it was from its current incarnation.

DianeM
09-05-2005, 01:25 PM
Adventures through inner space. I loved that ride. I think part of the reason I became a scientist was that ride. It just made me realize how amazing things right under my fingertips were, and I wanted more.

EmmasMom
09-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Although not technically a ride, I would love to visit the Swiss Family Tree House again. I loved the running water and especially the Swiskapolka.

srfantasmic
09-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Captain EO!!!

HorizonsA
09-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Adventure Thru Inner Space. I never got to ride it as it closed one year after I was born. My mother adored the ride and I have been curious about the ride. The way she talks about it, it sound very interesting and mysterious.

Disneyfun
09-05-2005, 01:46 PM
Flying saucers because I have always wanted to ride that one.
Advertures through space for a walk down memrorie lane. (Yes I just gave a way my age :p )

I Heart Disneyland!
09-05-2005, 02:46 PM
Skyride!!!

Chiidesu
09-05-2005, 02:58 PM
Everything :confused: :( :crying: :fez:

MrsG
09-05-2005, 03:13 PM
I've been on the Skyway, Inner Space, Captain EO, SF Treehouse, Flight to the Moon, Mission to Mars, even the Flying Saucers (tho' I don't remember them since I was itty-bitty - before the height restrictions). One of the attractions I haven't been on is the Viewliner. I also don't remember the Phantom Boats or the House of the Future.

Mermaid
09-05-2005, 03:22 PM
I would say the Adventures through Innerspace. I have heard a lot about this ride and would love to see it!!

ILovePoker
09-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Mine Train Through Nature's Wonderland, Rocket Rods and the Keel Boats. I know the canoes are still running but I would really like to ride them one day.

DisneyMa
09-05-2005, 04:17 PM
The Peoplemover :cool:

disney jones
09-05-2005, 04:29 PM
Rocket Rods - that's the only one i haven't been on as listed above.

since i've been on the rest of them, i'll evaluate what i'd most like to take the DDs on: Subs and Mission to Moon/Mars would be great fun for them - they tie for first for the girls. Third would be ATIS. Seeing America Sings again woiuld be fun - i love listening to that on the 6-CD set.

the Skyway, People Mover, and Flying Saucers (i barely remember but i do have a memory) would be fun for them/nostalgic for, but those types of expereinces are easily duplicated (ok, i know the saucers are unique, but they are essentially bumper cars).

(How come all these rides are in Tomorrowland? :confused: :mad: )

There was nothing special about the Keel boats. I also have faint memories of the Mine Train, but we live in the desert, so that doesn't rank high. And maybe we'll get to WDW one day, so we can see CoP and the Country Bears.

Whittibo
09-05-2005, 04:36 PM
OK, I don't even recognize some of these names??

Peoplemover was the one in tomorrow land right? I thought they looked like Batman cars or something. We never could figure out how to get to the rides beginning.

Skyway were the buckets that went from Tomorrow land (I think that's where it was) through the Matterhorn, over to Fronteirland? Gosh.. I don't even know where they landed! :s

What are the Keel boats? And what is Mine Train through Natures wonderland???

As a child, I loved the subs, I think when I was there in 1990 on my honeymoon we rode them, and I thought they were lame, BUT, once I had children and we went back in 2000 and found out they were gone. OH MY! I wanted my kids to experience it. I wanted them to see the mermaid SO bad. I would LOVE to show them a video of it..

Now, as a child, there was one ride that is so suck in my head, it really freaked me out. It was over in Tomorrow land I am pretty sure, but you got into these little cars and went up up up, but as you went into the ride, you were SHRINKING!! I remember crying, afraid that they couldn't "unshrink" us! I don't remember much about Disneyland as a child, as I only went for one day I think. (back when they still had tickets!!) And I remember my brother and his friend riding SM so many times they looked like they would throw up!

kisroo
09-05-2005, 04:39 PM
Adventure Thru Inner Space. I love the "magnification...magnification...magnification..." effect. ;) I also miss the PeopleMover and the Skyway.

Whittibo
09-05-2005, 04:43 PM
America Sings.. was that in the round "progress building"? Wasn't it something you sat still, but moved around the singers? That must have been what was there, because the progress thing is just stupid. Waste of space if you ask me. I only went in there because someone told me I could check my emails on the laptops (that was the only year I didn't have a laptop to take with me).. my kids were so bored in there. :(

h_lehmann
09-05-2005, 05:07 PM
Ditto on the Flying Saucers for me. The Submarines and the Skyway were also cool, but I've been on those. The Flying Saucers, on the other hand, dissappeared long before I ever stepped foot in Disneyland.