PDA

View Full Version : just sharing my excitement. my package has arrived!

hippiemama
09-05-2005, 06:01 AM
I went with the getaway travel people. They upgraded my package and i got a 50th anniversary pin for each of us, plus those neck things with the little packet for your tickets/fastpasses etc. I got my hotel voucher, transportation to/from airport, and 2 adult hopper ticket vouchers (i take those to the ticket booth at the front gate right?). ANd they sent a little coupon book that looks like it'll come in handy too :)

I'm so excited. I have the other hopper ticket we need and will hve the childs hopper by the end of next week (a friends picking it up for me thru work at a discount).

My folks have given each of the three children $30 in disney dollars for souveneirs so all I need now is food money :)

We're really going!!!

infinite
09-05-2005, 06:27 AM
When will you be there? We are leaving in 19 days, and ours hasn’t arrived yet…sigh. It does add to the excitement when it arrives, doesn’t it?

Congratulations!

scaeagles
09-05-2005, 07:04 AM
Congrats to you - but I am curious about one thing. I see you live in Phoenix. I do as well, and we always drive. It's only about 5.5 hours. Why did you opt to fly, especially with 5 of you going (at least that's how many I think you're going with). Saves a lot of money to drive, even with gas prices as they are. Airfare even on special will run you around $90/person, then you have ground transportation costs. Takes about 40 gallons round trip.

Disneynerd
09-05-2005, 07:11 AM
Congrats!!! I so know that feeling!! Those thingys that hang around your neck are called lanyards. You will look like pros!

Have a great time! I'm jealous!

disneyhound
09-05-2005, 07:53 AM
Fantastic hm!! I have yet to finish our booking, but I know the feeling you have, all you have to do is pass the days until you are there! Have a great trip! :)

Susan L
09-05-2005, 08:36 AM
I love it when all the package stuff arrives, it make the trip more real. Have a great time.

hippiemama
09-07-2005, 06:52 PM
Congrats to you - but I am curious about one thing. I see you live in Phoenix. I do as well, and we always drive. It's only about 5.5 hours. Why did you opt to fly, especially with 5 of you going (at least that's how many I think you're going with). Saves a lot of money to drive, even with gas prices as they are. Airfare even on special will run you around $90/person, then you have ground transportation costs. Takes about 40 gallons round trip.
We drove it last time and it wasn't a big deal at all. But we have FREE vouchers with southwest and decided gas is $, our van isn't in the best shape, we have 3 kids and FREE plane tickets that expire march 2006 why not fly the kids out and let them have the excitement of the plane trip as well :)

lanyards... tee hee. We're such novices. But we're going to have a blast! Going to scour the boards now for more insight and info. You guys are such gurus i'm so happy to have found yoU!

Oh, and we got our happy meals at mcd's this week so each kiddo has a little mickey mouse theyre carrying around. LOL.

Clotho
09-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Beware the pins and lanyards! About 3 or 4 years ago I got totally hooked! It's too much fun!

ima_mickeyfan
09-08-2005, 07:26 AM
The excitement of going for adults can only be understood by fellow mousers....that is what I have learned... :)
only a few more days!

vmjess
09-08-2005, 07:30 AM
Lucky you! Fed Ex tried to deliver mine yesterday but nobody was home- I am staying put today until he comes! I am kicking myself for going t o Target yesterday when I could have been here recieving my package!!!! :) Just over two weeks left for us- I can't wait!

ima_mickeyfan
09-08-2005, 07:35 AM
Lucky you! Fed Ex tried to deliver mine yesterday but nobody was home- I am staying put today until he comes! I am kicking myself for going t o Target yesterday when I could have been here recieving my package!!!! :) Just over two weeks left for us- I can't wait!

I missed our first attempt by fed ex by only 20 minutes..we came home and dh said "you missed your pkg", immediatly my heart sank and i could feel the disappointment welling up in my eyes :crying: !! sad huh??? lol

infinite
09-08-2005, 07:41 AM
Ours arrived on Tuesday.

These next 16 days are going to take along time!