PDA

View Full Version : Mulholland Madness

Pages : [1] 2

I Heart Disneyland!
09-04-2005, 09:08 PM
Tell me about Mulholland Madness at DCA. I've never been on it, and we're going in a few weeks, and I want to ride it. What is it? Tell me your thoughts.

PennyLane
09-04-2005, 09:10 PM
It is a Wild Mouse type of ride. I don't love it- it really jerks you around. But it is probably worth a shot.

matt5172
09-04-2005, 09:12 PM
I went on it for the first time two weeks ago. It's really short, worth a 15 minute wait in line, nothing more.

Maus
09-04-2005, 09:13 PM
I like it. Definately a twisty, jerky ride. With each turn you think you're going to fall off the edge!

DisneyDustin22
09-04-2005, 09:44 PM
Just a fun ride that will give you some small thrills. Not a ride for someone who like heights as you basically hang off the edge of the track at the beginning. I like it. It's very plain though. After you drop into the skeleton of the track, you're just wizzing by steel framework.

Niwel
09-04-2005, 10:03 PM
If you can go as a single rider it will save you mucho time. :)

I Heart Disneyland!
09-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Sounds like fun! I think I'll have to try it! :) Thanks for the thoughts.

emmah
09-05-2005, 03:22 AM
It really freaked me out - and I love coasters - this one has you jerking around a lot, and it has these nasty sharp corners that make you feel that the cart is going to over balance and fall of the edge; I won't be riding it again! :eek:

Vegitabeta
09-05-2005, 04:01 AM
I second the people who said it feels like you're gonna fall off the end of the track! We rode it the first time we went to DCA but we didn't on our last trip. If you haven't been on it and you're not afraid of heights then it's worth a shot just for the experience. Don't wait in a massive line for it though! It's really not worth the wait.

Stupid_American
09-05-2005, 06:02 AM
It has been tamed down since it first opened.
The bumps in the original layout resulted in a few injuries.

Sandiegoboy
09-05-2005, 06:05 AM
It still hurts me.
It reminds me of a crappy fair ride. Seriously, a waste of space in my opinion.

Marox3
09-05-2005, 06:07 AM
I think it's as great ride, my DH hates it. Too jerky and bumpy for him.

I don't like the way they handle single riders. We are a group of 3, and are sizes are not small. I hate when they stick a single rider with us. The last time we rode it was so painful because they smash the bar down and it cuts into you, then squish you with another person, who you are practically riding on top of. Can I tell the CM not to put a single rider with us?

This just may be something we've encountered. Has anyone else had problems with the seating of this ride? I would be curious to hear about others experiences.

jon80flt
09-05-2005, 08:04 AM
It's an awful experience if you are Big or Tall... very confining seats... very jerky ride.... but my 2 DD's (5 & 8) LOVE IT!!!! :D

Susan L
09-05-2005, 08:34 AM
Yeah, if you are tall like my DH it gets your knees. But he likes it anyways. Its a fun ride you got to try it at least once.

TowerofTerror
09-05-2005, 08:35 AM
the ride is a mini roller coaster for little kids. The ride is very jerky

ToursbabeC3po
09-05-2005, 09:02 AM
It is a painful experiance for me. I love rollercoasters but this ride HURTS!!!!

SCUBAbe
09-05-2005, 09:50 AM
The first time I rode it it was a bit feeak me out scary, but I'm used to it now. My mother and fatehr rode it once. they hated it. The only thing I didn't like is the very painful jarring breaks.

When the car goes around the turns it kind of feels like the car could fall off the track. Thats what my parents hated about it.

tod
09-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Hold on to your hat, literally. There is one big dip that usually has a pile of hats under it.

--t

Disneyfun
09-05-2005, 10:07 AM
the ride is a mini roller coaster for little kids. The ride is very jerky BUt not too small there is a height requirement of I believe 42 inches!
WHen riding with a child the child gets this big roll put on their bar which leaves your bar sticking out a bit. WHich felt a little nerve racking.
My four year old went on it liked it okay but is not racing to go nack on it anytime fast.

jetkitten
09-05-2005, 03:46 PM
Neck pain.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-05-2005, 04:54 PM
Hold on to your hat, literally. There is one big dip that usually has a pile of hats under it.

--t

So, I should bring a coat hanger and try to fish for hats at that dip? ;)

DisneylandForever
09-05-2005, 05:01 PM
Sorta fun, very painful! :p

Crazy4DL
09-05-2005, 07:30 PM
Sorta fun, very painful! :p

my thoughts exactly!

Tutter
09-05-2005, 08:14 PM
I love rollercoasters. I went on this once and will never go on again. It is painful, jerky, and terrifying. I felt like I was going to fall over the edge (that is exactly the purpose of the ride) - which some people will love and others hate. I was so scared and uncomfortable that I could never go on again. I'll stick to California Screaming and Tower of Terror thanks.

Mark Goldhaber
09-05-2005, 08:15 PM
If you can go as a single rider it will save you mucho time. :)
I rode as single rider, walked right into a car. After getting off, my comment was "I'm really glad that I didn't have to wait for that." It was an OK ride, but I prefer the Primeval Whirl version at Animal Kingdom in Florida, which adds the element of free-spinning vehicles. Of course, the theming of both rides sucks, but that's what happens when you "lightly theme" off-the-shelf rides.