PDA

View Full Version : Video Cams on rides...?

EchoThree76
09-04-2005, 03:07 PM
Are there any rules as far as takign a video camera on rides and video taping?

Doug
09-04-2005, 03:21 PM
I would imagine they will not let you attach the camera to the ride, but go ahead an hand hold it.... as I have done...

AcuraTL
09-04-2005, 04:14 PM
I know Tower of Terror won't let you, but I did film the one in Orlando several years ago.

Tutter
09-04-2005, 05:19 PM
Some say "no video cameras that have lights on them" - I am pretty sure they say that for the train scene with the dinosaurs.

I think the same would go with the picture giving off light if you have a flip out thing.

I can't see any problem in rides like Big Thunder Mountain.

SoCalDude
09-04-2005, 05:23 PM
The light on the video camera equals a flash picture. But other than that it is fine - unless it is one of the few rides they directly ask that no videotaping be done (Star Tours and ToT are the only ones that come to mind, but I think Soarin has the same rule).

SilverStyle
09-05-2005, 12:05 AM
Working over at ToT, we dont allow video taping for two reasons.

1) cam could fall out of your hands hurting other guest, there for resault to a ride stop because you couldnt follow rules.

2) Ruins the show for other guest (such as having that damn cam light)

Vegitabeta
09-05-2005, 04:09 AM
So basically no lights then-makes sense. There was someone on here a week or so ago that said they had taped ToT! Looks like someone let that one slip :eek:

skoolpsyk
09-05-2005, 06:24 AM
Don't forget that the flip out video monitor screen can be bright enough to be very annoying to other guests on dark rides!! Use the eye monitor please!

AussieBill
09-05-2005, 07:48 AM
i used my video recently on matterhorn,splash,thundermountain,the coaster in toontown the big wheel and screamin in dca.

Vegitabeta
09-05-2005, 08:40 AM
i used my video recently on matterhorn,splash,thundermountain,the coaster in toontown the big wheel and screamin in dca.

Brave dude!