PDA

View Full Version : Country Bear Jamboree

matt5172
09-04-2005, 12:27 PM
Winnie the Pooh is an okay ride, it has some cool effects, like the raindrops and the honey swirl, but does anyone believe that it was a good idea to just get rid of the country bears? Every time I see the line for winnie the pooh, even on crowded summer days, it's somewhere between 3 and 15 minutes, and it's a low capacity ride. Country Bears was way more popular, right up to it's closing, think of the crowds it would draw if it opened up again. Who's idea was it to get rid of it in the first place? Any comments/disagreements?

lauramaynot
09-04-2005, 12:40 PM
Winnie the Pooh is an okay ride, it has some cool effects, like the raindrops and the honey swirl, but does anyone believe that it was a good idea to just get rid of the country bears? Every time I see the line for winnie the pooh, even on crowded summer days, it's somewhere between 3 and 15 minutes, and it's a low capacity ride. Country Bears was way more popular, right up to it's closing, think of the crowds it would draw if it opened up again. Who's idea was it to get rid of it in the first place? Any comments/disagreements?

I enjoy winnie the pooh - but I LOVED country bears! I think they should bring it back. Winnie the Pooh only takes up the front half of the theater and since it doesn't need all the queuing area that it currently has I think they could bring back country bears in the back theater and come up with some creative way to que it. Even if it were smaller than before it would still be better than putting it in DCA where it will get lost and probably removed again.

texas minnie
09-04-2005, 12:43 PM
I agree! Country Bears was a big part of the Disneyland I knew as a small child...we never missed it. So uniquely "Disneyland". I'd love to be able to bring my kids to Bears!

matt5172
09-04-2005, 12:46 PM
And its a nice big air-conditioned room to sit down in, Disneyland could always use more of those.

I Heart Disneyland!
09-04-2005, 12:57 PM
I think the Pooh ride is cute, but, the Country Bears were, like someone else said, a part of my history of going to DL! I miss them!!!

PennyLane
09-04-2005, 01:27 PM
Oh, how I miss the Bears! But it made for a good excuse for me to go to WDW to see them! ;)
I will never understand why they chose to get rid of them. :crying:

truesally
09-04-2005, 02:34 PM
I'm with you all on the Country Bear bandwagon...I could not believe my eyes & ears last year when we were planning our trip - I had no idea they took out the Bears! I have the album (that's a vinyl music disc to you youngsters ;) ) from when I was a kid; my grandparents took me to DL for my 5th birthday and that record was my favorite thing from the trip. I could relive the show everyday. So I was quite bummed when I found out I couldn't share the experience with my kids.

I think you're all too kind about the Winnie-the-Pooh ride. I love the character but that ride is a nightmare - it's like a jerky, windy journey through technicolor Teletubby world. I'm no businessperson but it seems like a humongous waste of cash & energy...Should we create a petition to bring back the Bears?? :(

ILovePoker
09-04-2005, 02:48 PM
I say out with the old and in with the new. I doubt the Country Bears will come back, just try and remember the fun you had with it because I honestly doubt it will ever resurface in Disneyland. If you are desperate enough, you can still go to the one in Walt Disney World. I find nothing wrong with Pooh, and if Disney does take it out, I'm sure they would build something else than bringing back an old attraction.

DianeM
09-04-2005, 03:56 PM
with my nephew the last time were were there. It doesn't even begin to compare with Country Bear Jamboree. It's a pretty boring ride, really, and very short. And the lines were very short, too. I wish I could take him to see the Jamboree, but I guess that the Pooh ride is cheaper to operate and can take more people per day. Sometimes I wonder if Eisner has been a good thing for Disney. Not every decision has to feed the bottom line. As much as I love Disneyland, I have to admit that it is not as good as it used to be. The CM aren't as cheerful, and the newer rides are a mix of good and not so good. I visited Knotts last time I went, and it has gone downhill a lot. The charm is entirely gone. I hope that Disney doesn't do that.

potzbie
09-04-2005, 04:27 PM
I was so surprised by its removal.

Back when, as soon as the Country Bear movie came out on tape/DVD, I rented it.
I was impressed.
The story was good.
The music was excellent.
I thought that this kind of movie was just the kind of Disney movie that would be played again and again by children.
Certainly, the music from the movie (the song by the waitress is a killer diller) would appear on future Disney CDs, I was sure.
I predicted a franchise future for Country Bear merchandise way beyond Herbie's product line, or "Pete's Dragon" products, or "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" products.

Then, DL removed (!) the Country Bear Jamboree! :eek:

I was flabbergast!
Why remove one of the best animatronics show in DL?
Why remove the show with the most interestings visuals and large-ensemble music composition (except for maybe the Electrical Parade)?
What were they thinking?

One possibility of what DL management was thinking:
"Where shall we put a dark-room ride regarding the copyright-challenged Winnie The Pooh? How shall we legally compensate the Milne heirs about their lawsuit of royalties? I've got it -- We'll sell Pooh merchandise at Splash Mountain's exit. That means, the Country Bears are now expendable."
:p

stitchlvr
09-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Although I agree that CBJ was better, it was pretty empty before it was removed. I know this because I was always one of the few people in the theatre. I don't think they'll take Pooh out, but I am rooting for a new CBJ in DCA in the Grizzly section. I just received my 50th Anniversay DL CD collections and when I was listening to CBJ, I could sing every one of the songs word for word. How sick is that?