PDA

View Full Version : Songs that remind you of Disneyland!

MonorailMan
02-25-2002, 04:49 AM
What songs remind you of disneyland?

I can think of George Harrison's "I've got my mind set of you.", the words are perfect for me getting my AP.

Uncle Dick
02-25-2002, 08:22 AM
Aside from songs that are actually featured at or are about Disneyland, I'd say "The Clash of the Lightsabers" from Return of the Jedi reminds me a lot of Star Tours (since it borrows heavily from that song in particular). Same thing goes for music from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

For some strange reason, Sublime's "Garden Grove" reminds me of Disneyland, probably because GG is so close to the Magic Kingdom.

Rallymonkey23
02-25-2002, 09:53 AM
I think when I hear, " Zip-A-Dee-Do-Da ". It reminds me most of Disneyland. ;)

Lani
02-25-2002, 10:10 AM
I have to agree with Zip-a-dee-doo-dah. DL uses the song in its commercials, and it never fails to make me think of the park. I even installed it as my cell phone ring tone! :D

Gemini Cricket
02-25-2002, 03:17 PM
Non-Disney song that reminds me of Disneyland:
"I'm So Excited" by the Pointer Sisters
Hands down. They did a rendition of it for their 30th anniversary TV special, and ever since then it makes me smile.

Disney song that reminds me of DL:
The instrumental songs from "Song of the South" that play while you wait in line. I have them on a Disneyland Forever CD, somewhere, and every time I listen to it it makes me homesick for DL. ("How Do You Do", "Zip A Dee Doo Dah" and "That's What Uncle Remus Say".) Esecially the last one. It's so cheery.

:)

JoeCanadian
02-25-2002, 03:47 PM
While not completely focused on Disneyland, I do have songs that remind me of the Disney parks on a whole.

- Disneyland Paris' "Krull"
- Epcot's entrance atmosphere loop
- DL's Space Mt. track
- Organ music on HM
- Alien Encounter's queue music

I love the music in Journey to the Centre of the Earth too but it doesn't seem anyone has it. The music in both the queue and on the ride are just awesome. I know you can get the video at www.barrybedford.com though.

HTHBellcaptain
02-25-2002, 06:42 PM
Believe it or not, Themonias Monk (Forgive the spelling. I have enough problems spelling my own name). When I was out there a few years ago I rented a car. All the local jazz station seemed to play was the previously mentioned musician. I like his music.

Ace
02-26-2002, 03:19 PM
umm... most of the songs off my Disneyland CD remind me of Disneyland. Also, the songs on the DVD remind me too.

MickeyD
02-26-2002, 03:50 PM
San Dimas High School Football Rules by The Ataris. :cool:

jslivinski
03-22-2002, 01:07 PM
Just a minute, let me get my shield in place. OK, here goes

I love the music from Light Magic, all 16:03 minutes of it. It's the first thing I play when I listen to music on my computer.

OK, you can start throwing those veggies now, but please try and make them fresh I don't feel like going to the grocery store.:D

zapppop
03-22-2002, 01:33 PM
ONE MORE TIME
AERODYNAMIC
DIGITAL LOVE
HARDER, BETTER, FASTER, STRONGER

tinkfreak
03-22-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by jslivinski

I love the music from Light Magic, all 16:03 minutes of it.

Me too! Those who do throw veggies, I'll keep them and make a salad, so there!

LIMANDL4EVA
03-23-2002, 12:33 PM
SAME HERE~! I was afraid to say it b4 cuz i know i would be severly attacked by the rest of the people;). I hate the parade but love the music.