PDA

View Full Version : wasted space in dca

GrimGrinninGhost
09-04-2005, 10:23 AM
Im a CM and i just wonder why we have all this space and nothing open. I can see "Hollywood and Dine" only because its used for private parties but I cannot see "Malliburritos,Farmer's Market, Lucky Fortune Cookery and Between Takes".. Please Disney get rid of the places and build a ride and bring more people to the park...Lightbulb lol... It's just a waste of space and sorry to say, an eyesore...What would you do?

TowerofTerror
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
it sucks but im sure they will do somthing with the space eventually

SilverStyle
09-04-2005, 12:30 PM
If you were a CM, you would know things are going to go into Hollywood and Dine and park expansion and something near the Farm of Bug's land.

tom522
09-04-2005, 03:42 PM
i'm also a cast member and starting tuesday 9-6-05 walls will be going up to enhance
the area by muppets,h&d,millionaire and monsters. this enhancement will last until monsters soft opens(tentative dec 19). a new show in the animation building will open i believe sept30 titled animation academy. this show allows guests to learn how to draw disney characters. it is enteractive so you will actually be drawing. every show will be different because you will learn how to draw a different character in each show. no plans for hollywood and dine right now but a new show for millionaire might happen in may 2007.(entertainment told me this recently) i dont know about those shuttered food locations you mentioned- i guess they are closed because of attendance- but i would really like to see a sci-fi drive in concept one day for h&d(only instead of sci-fi how about old g-rated disney movies from the 50s 60s and 70s. let me see apple dumpling gang again for free and i will sure will buy a meal there. ONE CAN HOPE!

Opus1guy
09-04-2005, 04:47 PM
but i would really like to see a sci-fi drive in concept one day for h&d(only instead of sci-fi how about old g-rated disney movies from the 50s 60s and 70s. let me see apple dumpling gang again for free and i will sure will buy a meal there. ONE CAN HOPE!

A Sci-Fi diner concept was actually approved for that location at one point. But then in one of the seemingly endless budget cuts during the design and construction of California Adventure...it got zapped. Instead we got a food court right out of Anymall, U.S.A. The guests walked in, turned around, and walked out. Perhaps they expected better from Disney?

potzbie
09-04-2005, 04:51 PM
I am sure that there were compromises made.
I am sure that budgets were tightly controlled.

Why else would a Disney management team deliberately create a "land" where you and your family can watch grass grow?
(See BOUNTIFUL VALLEY FARM.)

Does your crystal ball show visitors from Europe in 2006 walking into DCA's BOUNTIFUL VALLEY FARM, and jumping up and down, and saying the following?
• "Oh, my! Come here, Ysabel and Tintin; you've got to see this avocado!"
• "Oh, I bet my Maylasian-translation of 'The DCA Unofficial Guide' rates this cumquat bush as a "Not To Be Missed" feature!"
I don't think so.

I bet it is more like the Imagineers designed 30 attractions, and the management budgeted for 20 attractions.

For filler, they placed PLANTS in lieu of facades and Outdoor Vendor Carts.
Plants? What is the virtue of shrubbery? -- Cheap. Easy to maintain. Under budget and on time.

Did you think the Imagineer who thunk up Bountiful Valley Farm sat on his idea for years until a 50 yd. x 50 yd. open area was not committed to be anying in particular in DCA?
I think not.
I think they needed a thematic lead-in to "It's Tough To Be A Bug," and could not build a facade of Fantasyland quality in time or under budget.
I am guessing that SEQUOIA-LAND or BIG SUR VILLAGE was too technically challenging to meet the opening day deadline.

That's okay for now.
When DCA hits its 20th anniversary, and we are still stuck with Bountiful Valley Farm, I will cast a voodoo spell to resurrect Walter Ellias Disney himself to haunt the halls of management.

tom522
09-04-2005, 08:34 PM
Alot of people dont know this but its tough to be a bug was originally supposed to be a walk through greenhouse-BOY HOW FUN WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN HUH!-thank god they scratched that for a real attraction.
I'm not a fan of having agriculture in a theme park anyway. All guests do is pick off the fruit and chuck it. I also think that water area where kids run through is a bad idea too-just an accident waiting to happen. Gee when I was a kid I wanted to go to an amusement park for the rides not to run through water all day. I cant stand the agriculture in Tomorrowland either-I want to see Tomorrowland NOT farmland.

GrimGrinninGhost
09-05-2005, 12:39 AM
If you were a CM, you would know things are going to go into Hollywood and Dine and park expansion and something near the Farm of Bug's land.

um yes i am a cm and no i dont know...so next time be kinder geez

GrimGrinninGhost
09-05-2005, 12:42 AM
I am sure that there were compromises made.
I am sure that budgets were tightly controlled.

Why else would a Disney management team deliberately create a "land" where you and your family can watch grass grow?
(See BOUNTIFUL VALLEY FARM.)

Does your crystal ball show visitors from Europe in 2006 walking into DCA's BOUNTIFUL VALLEY FARM, and jumping up and down, and saying the following?
? "Oh, my! Come here, Ysabel and Tintin; you've got to see this avocado!"
? "Oh, I bet my Maylasian-translation of 'The DCA Unofficial Guide' rates this cumquat bush as a "Not To Be Missed" feature!"
I don't think so.

I bet it is more like the Imagineers designed 30 attractions, and the management budgeted for 20 attractions.

For filler, they placed PLANTS in lieu of facades and Outdoor Vendor Carts.
Plants? What is the virtue of shrubbery? -- Cheap. Easy to maintain. Under budget and on time.

Did you think the Imagineer who thunk up Bountiful Valley Farm sat on his idea for years until a 50 yd. x 50 yd. open area was not committed to be anying in particular in DCA?
I think not.
I think they needed a thematic lead-in to "It's Tough To Be A Bug," and could not build a facade of Fantasyland quality in time or under budget.
I am guessing that SEQUOIA-LAND or BIG SUR VILLAGE was too technically challenging to meet the opening day deadline.

That's okay for now.
When DCA hits its 20th anniversary, and we are still stuck with Bountiful Valley Farm, I will cast a voodoo spell to resurrect Walter Ellias Disney himself to haunt the halls of management.

YES YES YES!!!! exactly

Vegitabeta
09-05-2005, 04:06 AM
Wow this sure is a sarcastic thread if ever I saw one!

I just think that they should cover Millionaire up, like the signs and stuff. When I was there at the beginning of last month, I heard loads of people asking if it was open, and loads of people going over to it to queue!

kinglouie1967
09-05-2005, 07:32 AM
My wife likes Living with the Land at Epcot. I, do, too, but not for the same reasons. She's fascinated by the hydroponic vegetables; I like being able to take a little siesta.