PDA

View Full Version : No Remember Fireworks Nov 6th

ACDSNY
09-04-2005, 10:07 AM
:crying: I just looked at the Nov schedule for our vacation to Disneyland and we won't have fireworks on any of our 4 nights. :(

It's the only Sunday in November without fireworks. Anyone know why?

texas minnie
09-04-2005, 10:18 AM
I can't answer the last question, but I share in your dissappointment over the fireworks! We booked our trip several months ago, and we wanted to avoid the weekend crowds, so we booked weekdays. I asked the CM if we would be missing fireworks, and she assured me that since it's the 50th, they would probably have fireworks every night all year long. We learned not to get more than one CM to confirm what you've been told.

Our kids were sick over the 4th of July, and we said, "don't worry - we'll see fireworks every night in Disneyland".
Very sad! Sorry about your Sunday night...

ACDSNY
09-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I was told the fireworks would be Fri-Sun in the off season so we included the Sunday to see the shows and fireworks, otherwise I would of done all weekdays. I have over 20 family members who are going to very disappointed.

MrsG
09-04-2005, 10:56 AM
Serious bummer because the fireworks are awesome.

PsychDoc
09-04-2005, 12:17 PM
Not only are the fireworks down but the DCA Eletrical Parade as well. Very sad about that. My 2 year old loves that one.

Darkbeer
09-04-2005, 06:15 PM
EVERYTHING is always subject to change at Disney...

Alas, a decision was made just a few weeks ago that the Fireworks would only be offered on Friday and Saturday nights, with an exception for three day weekends.

Sorry to hear about how it effects your plans, but there are many issues as to why they decided to only offer the show 2 days a week, including issues with the Air Quality Board, and financial costs....

ACDSNY
09-06-2005, 08:37 AM
Our 4 night packages are booked through Getawaytoday and they're all sold out for the three Disney hotels on Nov 5th. I've booked Embassy Suites for the 1st night, then we'll have to move to the Grand Californian for the next 4 nights. I'll be changing all the airline reservations at lunch time today. Oh what fun this is!