PDA

View Full Version : Advice for September trip - weather, etc.

texas minnie
09-03-2005, 08:57 PM
We're headed for southern Cal the last week in September...what kind of highs/lows can I expect for that time of year? Will it still be warm enough to swim? Is the pool heated at the DLH?
Also...since everything closes early in the off-season, what suggestions are out there for after-8pm-fun with 2 little boys (3 and 5...assuming they're still awake, of course!).
Thanks! :D

MsYumiBr
09-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Beautiful, warm, bring a sweater at night or plan to buy a sweatshirt.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
09-03-2005, 09:04 PM
For the weather you will be looking at likely the low 80-'s. The DLR pools are all heated, so even if the weather dips down it won't be too cool to swim.

There is a movie theatre in DTD and also the ESPN zone if the kids are up and awake after a full day at the park. The Disneyland Hotel has coin operated boats to guide around a small lagoon in the evening and there is always musical entertainment in DTD.

DianeM
09-03-2005, 09:34 PM
It will probably be warm during the daytime, but Disney is close enough to the coast that nights get cool. Be prepared for anything, although rain in september is unlikely. I'm going in mid-September, and I plan on wearing shorts and a tank top in the daytime, and taking a sweatshirt for nighttime (but still wearing shorts). I'm going to also take some t-shirts in case it's too cool for a tank top.

We're headed for southern Cal the last week in September...what kind of highs/lows can I expect for that time of year? Will it still be warm enough to swim? Is the pool heated at the DLH?
Also...since everything closes early in the off-season, what suggestions are out there for after-8pm-fun with 2 little boys (3 and 5...assuming they're still awake, of course!).
Thanks! :D

texas minnie
09-03-2005, 09:36 PM
For the weather you will be looking at likely the low 80-'s. The DLR pools are all heated, so even if the weather dips down it won't be too cool to swim.

There is a movie theatre in DTD and also the ESPN zone if the kids are up and awake after a full day at the park. The Disneyland Hotel has coin operated boats to guide around a small lagoon in the evening and there is always musical entertainment in DTD.

Thanks! I've heard about the remote control boats, but I didn't know if they were still there. I'm excited about the weather! Here in Dallas, our highs have been over 100 and our lows in the 80s...starting to get old!

Whittibo
09-04-2005, 07:23 AM
We're going Sept. 28th - Oct. 8th. And it was by far, my favorite time of year when we did the same timing in 2002. We did have to wear a sweater in the mornings, but it was off by 10am!

You'll find plenty to do to keep busy, just the pool alone will be a blast for your kids. Downtime is always good for little ones too.

I like this time of year because you're not in the park for 15 hours getting exhausted. We are staying at the Residence Inn Garden Grove again this year, and it's so big everyone can have plenty of room for themselves, and there's a game room and pools and a video room. It's a vacation, and to come back more tired then when we left is no fun.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!

capst
09-04-2005, 05:56 PM
And remember that "cool" to us SoCal types means a low of 60. Anything below that we consider bitterly cold :rolleyes:

Whittibo
09-04-2005, 08:42 PM
Last year we were there from Nov 26th - Dec 4th I thought it was in the 60's as it was FREEZING all day long. But recently having some evenings in the 60's I have realized it must have been 50's (maybe the high was low 60's??) last year. All I know is it was COLD and WET the whole time. I had on 3 layers of clothes and was STILL freezing in the mornings and evenings.

We had to wait for another shuttle and I was so cold, I wasn't about to wait any longer, I got a cab and I am SO glad I did! It was cheap. I think $6 to go to Garden Grove Residence Inn.. I would have paid $40 to get out of that cold air!~