PDA

View Full Version : Autopia Question

DangerMouse
09-03-2005, 05:48 PM
I usually avoid this ride because I find it boring, but this visit my kids insist on doing it.

So, here's the question. How does a family of 5 do this ride when none of the 3 children measure up to the height requirement to ride alone? Can you have more than two persons in a car? Will we have to kid swap 3 times to do this ride? If so, I'm wiping it off the schedule, cause it's just not worth it! :confused:

Tinker Bell
09-03-2005, 06:00 PM
I have gone with Two of my DD they were 1 and 3 and they let the all of us on together. Now they are older and we can have one ride ( We are a Fam of 6 and run into this all the time) with her older brother that can ride by him self.

disney jones
09-03-2005, 06:09 PM
i ride with my two DDs (ages 6-1/2 and 4) all the time in the same car.

the only hard part is keeping track who's turn it is to drive. :rolleyes:

DangerMouse
09-03-2005, 06:21 PM
i ride with my two DDs (ages 6-1/2 and 4) all the time in the same car.

the only hard part is keeping track who's turn it is to drive. :rolleyes:

Hey Jones! I thought you were in the park this weekend?

disney jones
09-03-2005, 06:28 PM
last weekend. :)

DangerMouse
09-03-2005, 07:02 PM
last weekend. :)

Ah, that's right! Thanks for the info on Autopia everyone. Looks like we'll all be able to go together. Awesome! :D

passthepixiedust
09-03-2005, 07:16 PM
My son got a winning driver's license while we were there ! It thrilled him to no end !

stitchlvr
09-03-2005, 07:49 PM
My son got a winning driver's license while we were there ! It thrilled him to no end !

What happens with a winning driver's license? I've never seen it happen?

passthepixiedust
09-03-2005, 08:26 PM
While going through the turnstiles, they were handing Autopia Official drivers licences to everyone.On the back of 3 of ours there was a picture of a car and a place to put your vital statistics. Lucas looked at his and said"Awww, this one is different" The back of his said "Congratulations ! You are the winner of an Autopia vehicle !" or something to that effect. We took it to the winners circle, and there they exchanged it for a toy autopia car with stickers and a boy and girl that can come out of the car. Oh yeah, and the little boy is wearing Mickey ears ! It's really cute ! And they even gave him a new driver's license when he traded the winner in !

I didn't even know you could win anything and never would have read the back of each one and noticed if Lucas hadn't been looking.

PsychDoc
09-03-2005, 11:06 PM
Both my 2 and 12 year olds both fit in the car with me. I'm with you, I don't really dig the ride either. I don't find driving fun. After you've have a few accidents driving kind of looses it's appeal. In fact, the last time we went to DL, on our Bakersfield pit stop I had an accident. Kind of put a damper on the trip.

stitchlvr
09-04-2005, 07:42 AM
While going through the turnstiles, they were handing Autopia Official drivers licences to everyone.On the back of 3 of ours there was a picture of a car and a place to put your vital statistics. Lucas looked at his and said"Awww, this one is different" The back of his said "Congratulations ! You are the winner of an Autopia vehicle !" or something to that effect. We took it to the winners circle, and there they exchanged it for a toy autopia car with stickers and a boy and girl that can come out of the car. Oh yeah, and the little boy is wearing Mickey ears ! It's really cute ! And they even gave him a new driver's license when he traded the winner in !

I didn't even know you could win anything and never would have read the back of each one and noticed if Lucas hadn't been looking.

That's pretty cool. I knew that they had "winning" driver's licenses, but I had no idea what people won or if it ever happened. What a neat experience for Lucas!

Vegitabeta
09-04-2005, 07:47 AM
That's pretty cool. I knew that they had "winning" driver's licenses, but I had no idea what people won or if it ever happened. What a neat experience for Lucas!

A little boy in front of me in the line had one once and I was just thinking 'Why didn't we get in line before those people?!'

vmjess
09-04-2005, 02:50 PM
My Boys love those little Chevron Autopia cars- I am hoping they'll fianlly win one on our upcoming trip- all their cousins ( all 4 of them! ) have one one over the last few years so my boys are due! Autopia is their favorite ride so hopefully the lines will be managable too!

TowerofTerror
09-04-2005, 04:33 PM
fun ride my girlfriend has flipped one of the cars

PirateChick
09-07-2005, 01:43 PM
It is impossible to actually flip over one of the vehicles. Since I have started working there, there has been many causes for our attraction to go 101 and a flipped vehicle is not a possibility. A lead said it is virtually impossible to do unless you are going at a teriffic amount of speed, much greater then the 6.5 speed the cars have.

tod
09-07-2005, 01:47 PM
So, here's the question. How does a family of 5 do this ride when none of the 3 children measure up to the height requirement to ride alone? Can you have more than two persons in a car?

I'd guess you can fit two too-small-to-ride-alone kids in with one adult.

--t

ToursbabeC3po
09-07-2005, 02:08 PM
you can derail them but not flip[ them. I used to work Autopia when you had to wear those God awful blue jumpsuit's with a yellow strip down the side Ughhhhh. But worse was the EO costume!!!!