PDA

View Full Version : What's up with "blanket reserving" for Fantasmic?

mw9955
09-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Hi all!
I have always wanted to ask all of you what your thoughts are on the folks who lay down towels, blankets, strollers, etc. and walk away in order to reserve their spot for fantasmic at the riverfront area. Everytime I see those things. I want to pick them up and turn them over to lost and found! Of course, bravo to those who wait with their blanket spots and they deserve that spot for waiting there. But my gripe is for that person who lays down the huge blanket at 3 pm, then walks away and comes back 10 minutes before showtime stepping over those who waited, saying "excuse me, that's my spot."
Does anyone know if the unattended blankets actually are allowed to stay there right up until showtime?? Please gimme some feedback, for some reason this irks me even though this is petty.. Thanks!

MyBeast
09-03-2005, 01:44 PM
Hi all!
I have always wanted to ask all of you what your thoughts are on the folks who lay down towels, blankets, strollers, etc. and walk away in order to reserve their spot for fantasmic at the riverfront area. Everytime I see those things. I want to pick them up and turn them over to lost and found! Of course, bravo to those who wait with their blanket spots and they deserve that spot for waiting there. But my gripe is for that person who lays down the huge blanket at 3 pm, then walks away and comes back 10 minutes before showtime stepping over those who waited, saying "excuse me, that's my spot."
Does anyone know if the unattended blankets actually are allowed to stay there right up until showtime?? Please gimme some feedback, for some reason this irks me even though this is petty.. Thanks!

I'd say no and move them. Ya move your meat, you lose your seat.

Leap for Joy
09-03-2005, 01:49 PM
I'm amazed that it ever works. We have a hard enough time keeping our space when we stay put! DH and I always start with more distance between us than we'd like, so that when the crowd starts getting pushy we don't end up scrunched together.

Maus
09-03-2005, 01:54 PM
I address this in my 50th trip report about fireworks seating. I don't understand why it's allowed. If you want to wait five hours, fine, but to be so selfish as to place your very own "reserved" sign? I say the CMs should move 'em.

FantasmicFanatic
09-03-2005, 01:58 PM
When I work Guest Control for F! and I see blankets with no guests on them, I fold them up and turn them over to lost and found. A human needs to be there in order for it to be a saved place.

FF

DisneyDustin22
09-03-2005, 02:04 PM
When I work Guest Control for F! and I see blankets with no guests on them, I fold them up and turn them over to lost and found. A human needs to be there in order for it to be a saved place.

FF

Yes! Keep the booty on the ground if you want the seat!

Maus
09-03-2005, 02:32 PM

FF

Thank you, thank you. Now about those blankets in the hub...

MrsG
09-03-2005, 06:33 PM

FF
Thank you! Thank you! I've seen blankets on benches in the hub (for the fireworks) as early at 3:00! You should have heard the people walking by seeing those blankets. They were very ticked off! Didn't see any CM taking them away.

DianeM
09-03-2005, 07:31 PM
And have a seat and wait. When they come back, they can use the spot the scrunched up blanket is on. If they fit. If not, they can give up their spot to someone who was willing to actually wait. I can't believe anybody would let this work... it's like cutting in line.

Thank you! Thank you! I've seen blankets on benches in the hub (for the fireworks) as early at 3:00! You should have heard the people walking by seeing those blankets. They were very ticked off! Didn't see any CM taking them away.

stitchlvr
09-03-2005, 07:47 PM
I've never seen this happen. When I waited for Fantasmic (saving places with backpacks for an adult and two children), it was hard enough saving the spots while I was there. I saw people attempting to do the same with blankets and some of them were having trouble as well. This is with someone there. It's hard to imagine that an empty blanket would work. I would just assume someone would move it out of the way if they weren't back really fast.

splashmtngurl
09-03-2005, 08:22 PM
Wow that is so irritating! We always have such problems when we want to sit down and watch fantasmic. People change from gentle to beastly in a matter of seconds. a little aside from the blanket issue but people are constantly doing things to try and get better seats, ducking ropes, pushing people aside, placing themselves in posistion to keep people far away from them (lying bags and clothing in heaps to reserve seats) i dont understand it. Its sooo frustrating how people forget everyone else and become greedy selfish pigs. I understand your complain to the fullest and it makes me so sad to see things like this happening and no steps being taken to prevent them

newportbeachbumz
09-03-2005, 10:03 PM
As a passholder, I have been to Disneyland and DCA on many occasions for parades, Fantasmic, Fireworks. We usually arrive very early for them to get a spot so that our children can enjoy and I always let everyone elses kids get in there with them because we've seen it upteen times and this may be their only opportunity. What I can't stand is the people who push and shove and move your stuff around at the last minute after you have waited 3 hours (yes my legs were asleep, yes I was thirsty and yes had to go to the bathroom but I was not getting up in fear of losing my spot. People get mean and nasty about it.

To alleviate this I brought a blanket recently to see the fireworks. I waited 4 hours on my blanket, while my kids went on rides etc. - there is no way my four year old would have sat for that long. I did not leave it at any point and still I ended up with a family sharing my blanket! (who might I add showed up at the last minute.) :rolleyes:

Gone2Disneyland
09-04-2005, 12:36 AM

My own opinion: Bring a blanket to save a spot, but stay there; it's only fair. But if someone chooses to leave a blanket unattended to save their space and it's successful, then it's Disneyland policy that we ought to blame. You really can't blame the person who left the blanket if the park allows it to be successful.

Gone2Disneyland
09-04-2005, 12:38 AM

FF

And with those words, a new hero is born! :fez:

blondiemouse
09-04-2005, 02:09 AM
Hey thats my signiture

TowerofTerror
09-04-2005, 09:16 AM
hey my friend does it all the time he get dead center for fantasmic and brings a big blue tarp

Leap for Joy
09-04-2005, 11:10 AM
hey my friend does it all the time he get dead center for fantasmic and brings a big blue tarp

I think I've seen this guy. He usually is very generous about sharing, and seems to have an abundance of cute single women on the tarp. Selective sharing?

TowerofTerror
09-04-2005, 04:34 PM
his name is jamie

THpoohbear
09-04-2005, 05:20 PM
his name is jamie

Actually, I met Jamie once. My husband and I work with international university students, and we had brought a large group with us to Disneyland for their first time! We were scoping out the seating crowds a couple hours before Fantasmic and he saw us, and generously offered to share his tarp with our whole group! He was very kind, and I thought it was great that our international friends got to sit right in front, dead center for their very first Fantasmic viewing! :D

bassett1976
09-04-2005, 10:34 PM
I think that I have you all beat with the blanket reservation. My wife and I visited DLR tonight and got this picture from Main Street right before the POD.

http://bassett1976.smugmug.com/gallery/783279/1/34732253/Medium

Insert bad joke here!

yeartolate
09-05-2005, 08:18 AM
I plan on chalk outlining my famiy and leaving a reserved placard for parades.

For Fantasmic, my roll of "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS" tape should come in handy.

newportbeachbumz
09-05-2005, 08:28 AM
I think that I have you all beat with the blanket reservation. My wife and I visited DLR tonight and got this picture from Main Street right before the POD.

Insert bad joke here!
LOL! :p

Stupid_American
09-05-2005, 08:33 AM

Insert bad joke here!
I think you can see the one-legged woman in the background, near the trashcan

counterwgt
09-05-2005, 08:33 AM

Insert bad joke here!

I can just see this person at the l+f

"I know I came with 2, but where did I leave the other one????"

:D