PDA

View Full Version : Villians Character Meals Yeah or Nay?

Pages : [1] 2

Niwel
09-03-2005, 12:07 PM
I'm here to stand up for those evildoers, curse shouters, black hearted gals and guys we all love to hate. Was thinking today... why isn't there a VILLIAN breakfast? I think it should be in NOS across from Le Bat En Rouge... imagine how much fun that could be? :) Or maybe not... thoughts?

Susan L
09-03-2005, 12:17 PM
I like it, excellent idea :~D

PennyLane
09-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Oooh- I would love it!!! :)

disney jones
09-03-2005, 12:59 PM
i'd love it. maybe it should be a Villans Happy Hour though. Or a meet at The Lost Bar at 1 am. Have a beer, then make a ruckus, get into fights, wake up the hotel guests, say nasty things about the Princesses.... :~D :~D :~D

oh i so need to go to church tomorrow

PennyLane
09-03-2005, 01:01 PM
i'd love it. maybe it should be a Villans Happy Hour though. Or a meet at The Lost Bar at 1 am. Have a beer, then make a ruckus, get into fights, wake up the hotel guests, say nasty things about the Princesses.... :~D :~D :~D

oh i so need to go to church tomorrow

HAHA! I just spit out my water! :D

TrekkieDad
09-03-2005, 01:13 PM
If the wicked queen from Snow White were there, I think I'd pass on anything made from apples. :eek:

passthepixiedust
09-03-2005, 01:35 PM
What a totally great idea ! I'm definately on the Yeah side of this one !

Rhiannon8404
09-03-2005, 03:49 PM
Yes! I think it would be great fun! I never see the villains, well, at least not as much as I'd like.

kisroo
09-03-2005, 05:05 PM
Niwel~If I haven't told you that you are brilliant before, let me say it now.

You're brilliant!

I'd love to have a meal with the Villians! Especially if they all did a good job staying in character. Hook, Cruella, Malificent, Cinderella's step mum and sisters...it'd be classic!!

~kisroo:)

Niwel
09-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Niwel~If I haven't told you that you are brilliant before, let me say it now. You're brilliant!

[getting swelled head] Gracias!

potzbie
09-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Especially if they all did a good job staying in character. Hook, Cruella, Malificent, Cinderella's step mum and sisters...it'd be classic!!

Face characters or costume characters?

CRUELLA DEVILLE and MALIFICENT and Cinderella's step-family would be face characters.

CAPTAIN HOOK and QUEEN OF HEARTS would be costume characters.
Costume characters are mute, you know!--Hans Conreid's voice will NOT spring from the lips of Capt. Hook!

I've seen some do the autograph thing.

QUEEN OF HEARTS is good at pantomine, when giving autographs, and when playing with Alice and the Mad Hatter.
Very expressive with hands and gestures to communicate the impatience of Her Royal Highness!

I fear that no URSULA will be possible. Right?

I have seen in-person autograph-giving CRUELLA DEVILLE.
CRUELLA was great!--The ad libs were fantastic in-character snide remarks or self-ego remarks.
I rate CRUELLA, "Not To Be Missed."

It must be easy to recruit Cast Members to be Princesses.
But you need acting talent to be CRUELLA DEVILLE, where you MUST improvise, and MUST be willing to be seen as evil in the eyes of little tykes.
(#1 Question, probably: "Why did you kill all those puppies?" Tough question to answer 100 times a day.)

On a side note:
I confuse the antagonists of SLEEPING BEAUTY and SNOW WHITE and CINDERELLA.--Which villian is which?
Was one just the plain-vanilla EVIL STEP MOTHER and the other the real MALIFICENT?
Then, WHO'S ON THIRD?

It's hard enough keeping the princes' names matched up!

That's why we need a Happy Hour -- scratch that -- Evil Hour.
DL should reserve one hour or one segement of some restaurant time to the Bad Guys.

If we play our cards right, we might get Davy's Crockett's enemies: Mike Fink (of keel-boat fame); General Santa Anna (of Alamo fame).
We might get the Spanish army officer who is after Zorro (what is his name, rank and serial number?).

Niwel
09-03-2005, 07:52 PM
On a side note:
I confuse the antagonists of SLEEPING BEAUTY and SNOW WHITE and CINDERELLA.--Which villian is which?
Was one just the plain-vanilla EVIL STEP MOTHER and the other the real MALIFICENT?
Then, WHO'S ON THIRD?

Sleeping Beauty: malefecent (she of the green face and horns
Cinedrella: Lady Tremaine (grey hair, stern face)
Snow White: Evil Queen (beautiful, ugly heart); old hag (short, has a wart)

Andrew
09-03-2005, 07:57 PM
[getting swelled head] Gracias!
I thought it was just hair.

Seriously, great idea and a perfect place to have it (Cafe Orleans' outdoor patio).

Niwel
09-03-2005, 08:02 PM
I thought it was just hair.

LOL...

JeffG
09-03-2005, 08:15 PM
I know WDW tried a villains character meal a couple years ago, but it wasn't very successful and didn't last very long. It does seem like a good idea, though, and I do wonder if it might have been just a bad choice of location (it was at the Grand Floridian) or if there might have been other problems with the implementation.

-Jeff

splashmtngurl
09-03-2005, 08:25 PM
wonderful idea but the only negetive being that many people who attend character breakfasts (vast majority really) are familys with children, often very young and the prospect of villians would probably be to scary for them. I cant see it being popular for that very reason, i babysit enough children to know that many of the gentlest disney films scare them silly because of the villians...no i dont think they will ever have a villian breakfast. Not untill they have a villian themed park anyway....*crosses fingers*:~D

passthepixiedust
09-03-2005, 08:33 PM
wonderful idea but the only negetive being that many people who attend character breakfasts (vast majority really) are familys with children, often very young and the prospect of villians would probably be to scary for them. I cant see it being popular for that very reason, i babysit enough children to know that many of the gentlest disney films scare them silly because of the villians...no i dont think they will ever have a villian breakfast. Not untill they have a villian themed park anyway....*crosses fingers*:~D

Perhaps a meal geared more towards older kids ? 8-108 ? Niwel, you should write Disney ! I would LOOVE a place where I could eat toast with Cruella !

Rhiannon8404
09-03-2005, 09:02 PM
I agree that if they do it, it should be aimed at families with older kids/teens. My son (7 yo) loves the villians, I asked him what he thought of the idea and he loves it.

But I really like the idea of a Villians Cocktail reception for grown-ups.

ChipmunkStar
09-03-2005, 09:37 PM
From what I understand, the Villains meal at WDW (formerly held at the Grand Floridian, I believe) was unsuccessful due to one main thing: Families went into the meal expecting the villains to be playful and fun as any Hero or Heroine character would be in the park. When the Villains were, well, themselves, families complained that the villains treated them and their children rudely and that they had expected them to behave more like Mickey and his friends than the villains.

Huh, go figure.

Niwel
09-03-2005, 09:45 PM
When the Villains were, well, themselves, families complained that the villains treated them and their children rudely and that they had expected them to behave more like Mickey and his friends than the villains.

It's is like Ed Debevics (for those who've been there). The waiters might be rude to you, but it was part of the fun. I think/hope if it was in the park, people would expect the villians to be villans. If they started it as a temporary thing -- say around Halloween -- and then expanded it, I think it would do really well. That's what happend to Le Bat En Rouge. But watch, they'll take the idea and put it at Hollywood and Dine or somethign to get people into DCA and call it the Tower or Terror Breakfast...

PsychDoc
09-03-2005, 09:55 PM
It's is like Ed Debevics (for those who've been there). The waiters might be rude to you, but it was part of the fun. I think/hope if it was in the park, people would expect the villians to be villans. If they started it as a temporary thing -- say around Halloween -- and then expanded it, I think it would do really well. That's what happend to Le Bat En Rouge. But watch, they'll take the idea and put it at Hollywood and Dine or somethign to get people into DCA and call it the Tower or Terror Breakfast...

Perhaps in that area next to the DUH stage, near Aladin. Didn't there used to be a resturant over there at one point? I think it's a great idea. Definately more geared toward the DCA/older crowd. A breakfast would be a good idea as there's already a character lunch with Ariel and the Princeses.

JeffG
09-03-2005, 10:24 PM
It's is like Ed Debevics (for those who've been there).

Of course, that chain has also been out of business for several years now. It could be that kind of thing just doesn't go over that well with most people...

-Jeff

kohl
09-04-2005, 08:56 AM
I think it is a great idea. Last time at California Adventure, Cruella walked by my 7 year old and said "MOVE OUT OF MY WAY!" He thought it was the funniest thing and couldn't wait to tell his dad and sister about it.

The Fairest Beauty
09-14-2005, 02:05 PM
:~D CAPTAIN HOOK ROCKS!!!! He is one of the coolest villains to meet!

CariBelle
09-14-2005, 02:14 PM
I've never been to a character meal, but if there was a villian one I would most def go!