PDA

View Full Version : pirates refurb confirmation

BWthespian
09-03-2005, 08:19 AM
I saw this on Miceage.com, whats also been officially thrown into the marketing mix is the revamped pirates of the caribbean, while a few websites have mentioned rumors of the "scare-ibbean" version of the ride, thats not what imagineering(wdi) currently has planned for disneyland's version.instead disneylands pirates will be getting a movie makeover with a scope more like the 1997 rehab that added several new figures and became "infamous" as the embarrassing attempt to make the pirates more politically correct. a new johnny depp animatronic will show up in several of the rides most iconic scenes, even adding dialouge to the dunking of the mayor, a barbossa figure will also be
added, and his morphing skeleton effect is said to be quite impressive. there will be some modern upgrades to the circa-1967 special effects.hopefully the positive vibes about this project leaking out of WDI mean next springs update to the 40-yr old attraction will not only keep the originals spirit intact,but make it fresher and more relevant to 21st century audiences

ILovePoker
09-03-2005, 09:33 AM
This closure hasn't been confirmed yet, so this might not even be happening.

ksejr1
09-03-2005, 11:39 AM
If it is true, I wouldnt mind it because they have made parts 2 and 3 of the movie, but once things die down with the sequels, they really need to change the ride to it's original state. :)

Osky
09-03-2005, 11:51 AM
This closure hasn't been confirmed yet, so this might not even be happening.

The closure has been confirmed. It was in this week's park update...

It has been confirmed, but we've been lax in saying so, that the Pirates of the Caribbean refurbishment has been pushed out to spring 2006 and expanded to almost three and a half months, from March 6 to June 16. The details of any show changes to be installed are not known, though speculation runs rampant.

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050829.htm

Susan L
09-03-2005, 12:22 PM
I am so glad to hear that it has been set for March through June. We will be able to ride it in February. My DDs best friend will be with us and she was two years old the last time she was at DL so she will be able to ride the POTC.

As for the rehab adding the new touches could be a good thing if it is done right.

SoCalDude
09-03-2005, 12:59 PM
The closure has been confirmed. It was in this week's park update...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/parkupdates/dlr/dlr050829.htm

This site is one of two sites I put MUCH stock into what is said - but even with that to me it is not 'confirmed' till I see it on a Disney page.

I rather not see movie elements mixed in - the movies were born because of the ride - not the other way around.

Osky
09-03-2005, 01:02 PM
This site is one of two sites I put MUCH stock into what is said - but even with that to me it is not 'confirmed' till I see it on a Disney page.

I rather not see movie elements mixed in - the movies were born because of the ride - not the other way around.

Then for you, you will need to wait until January for it to be confirmed, as their schedule usually only runs up to two months in advance. When MP says it is confirmed, they confirmed it with someone at Disney. Otherwise, they would not say confirmed.

SoCalDude
09-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Then for you, you will need to wait until January for it to be confirmed, as their schedule usually only runs up to two months in advance. When MP says it is confirmed, they confirmed it with someone at Disney. Otherwise, they would not say confirmed.

Ya - do not get me wrong here, MiceAge and Mouseplanet are the 2 sites I trust with the info. In no way an I trying to lump them in with the JH group :p