PDA

View Full Version : McDonalds ( trip give away)

hlbtimes2
09-02-2005, 03:58 PM
I've been asking since the kick off of the 50th, when McD would get involved. I figured since they've always done something in the past, and their fries are sold in the park- they would do something. Well, today they started a happy meal promo.

We bought a happy meal for our son today. He got a Mickey figure and a game card with Cinderella's castle on it. I guess they are giving away 100 trips for 4. The winning tickets will be in place of the card we got today.

I think we'll be eating at McD a lot this month- and we'll all be ordering kids meals! LOL

Whittibo
09-03-2005, 07:00 AM
I was at McDonald's drive thru yesterday, looking in the window, I saw the happy meal boxes, with something that reminded me of Disneyland.. but I had no clue what it was, I just thought I had Disney on my mind, so I shrugged it off.

So what's on the box that I saw??

hlbtimes2
09-03-2005, 08:42 AM
Some info on the trip give away, a picture from the parade, and I can't remember what else.

Whittibo
09-03-2005, 08:54 AM
When all the boxes were stacked up, something stuck over the tops of each box. Maybe it was a goofy hat?? man, this is going to drive me crazy, I am going to have to get to a McDonalds soon. :)

olegc
09-03-2005, 10:06 AM
Here is the link from the McD site...

http://www.mcdonalds.com/usa/ronald/happy.html

Wendi
09-03-2005, 01:55 PM
I found it interesting that the contest is open to people 3 years and older... so... would my 3 year old have to pay the taxes on it if he won??? I almost never see anything that allows the winner to be under 18 for big giveaways like this.

Colin
09-03-2005, 03:02 PM
Whats with the 'Hey Kids this is advertising' is that some kinda american legal requirement???

Just curious!

C°o°lin

markarkaymat
09-03-2005, 10:42 PM
I think we'll be eating at McD a lot this month- and we'll all be ordering kids meals! LOL
Thanks for the heads up! :D Upon reading this I went straight to the nearest McDs and bought 6 happy meals :rolleyes:
My husband doesn't share my appreciation for the heads up. He is not looking forward to home cooked meals being replaced by McDs happy meals :eek:
Hope one of us will win one...GOOD LUCK!!

hlbtimes2
09-04-2005, 06:50 AM
I found it interesting that the contest is open to people 3 years and older... so... would my 3 year old have to pay the taxes on it if he won??? I almost never see anything that allows the winner to be under 18 for big giveaways like this.

The fine print states the trip will be awarded in the name of the legal guardian that is of legal age. So, if your three year old won, they would give the prize to you. I looked because I thought it was a bit weird that they prizes only came in childrens meals.

tinafromidaho
09-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Our local McDonalds gives you the chance to win if you buy the salads too, not just the happy meals.

potcfan
09-06-2005, 11:59 AM
Hmmm! What to have for lunch today? :D

TowerofTerror
09-06-2005, 12:02 PM
WHY what should i get thereso i can get a chance to win a trip

hdlzx2
09-06-2005, 03:05 PM

My 10 yr old daughter won a trip to D-land from Radio Disney and yes...she had to pay taxes. (of course since we were beneficiaries, we footed it)