PDA

View Full Version : AP, Premium or Deluxe?

DisneyMa
09-02-2005, 09:59 AM
We are upgrading our 5 day hoppers to AP's. We are trying to decide if we should both go deluxe or one of us deluxe and one Premium. We have three - five day stays booked so far this year (2005). And we will go at least two if not three times in 2006.

Are the AP discounts on the DLR Hotels different for the Premium holder then those of the Deluxe holders?

We always stay at the GCH so the parking benefit isn't an issue with us. We have checked the black out dates and we can deal with those, they really aren't that bad.

However, how much are the "black out date tickets" for the deluxe AP if we did decided to visit on a black out date?

We enjoy the table service restaurants so the discounts would be a plus for us. And it is my understanding the discounts are better for those with premium then deluxe.

Thanks in advance,
Disneyma

DisneyDustin22
09-02-2005, 10:10 AM
The black out day passes are either $25 or $30 I forget which exactly. But that adds up a lot if you have a deluxe and pay to enter on those days. I would just go for the Premium to save money in the long run as well as additional discounts.

stan4d_steph
09-02-2005, 10:16 AM
Are the AP discounts on the DLR Hotels different for the Premium holder then those of the Deluxe holders?There is no difference in hotel discounts between Deluxe and Premium.

However, the only AP with merchandise discount is the Premium, so if you are going to by souvenirs at the park, you should factor the 10% savings you would get with a Premium.

Osky
09-02-2005, 10:19 AM
Plus, you need to factor the extra 5% you get on food over the delux. I would say to do one premium, but you have to figure that out yourself. Also, Blockout passes are $30.00.

Darkbeer
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
Basically, since you do not need the Parking Pass, the question is, will you spend over $1,200 in Merchandise over the year. If so, it will pay for the $120 price difference. (If, you needed the Parking Pass, then it is over $700 of Merchandise). Of course, this presumes you won't go during one of the Blockout Days.

If not, then just get all Deluxe's.

Tutter
09-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Plus parking is free with the Premium and at $10 a day with the deluxe that would soon add up if you use the parking lots.

Malcon10t
09-02-2005, 10:02 PM
We are upgrading our 5 day hoppers to AP's. We are trying to decide if we should both go deluxe or one of us deluxe and one Premium. We have three - five day stays booked so far this year (2005). And we will go at least two if not three times in 2006.

Are the AP discounts on the DLR Hotels different for the Premium holder then those of the Deluxe holders?

We always stay at the GCH so the parking benefit isn't an issue with us. We have checked the black out dates and we can deal with those, they really aren't that bad.

However, how much are the "black out date tickets" for the deluxe AP if we did decided to visit on a black out date?

We enjoy the table service restaurants so the discounts would be a plus for us. And it is my understanding the discounts are better for those with premium then deluxe.

Thanks in advance,
DisneymaAs of now, both passes get AP nights and 10% otherwise, so your discount will be identical there. Blackout tickets are $30 currently. There are 50 blackout days this year for deluxe passes. Most are Saturdays and the week between Christmas and New Years. You can always buy a Deluxe, then upgrade if you go to the park on a blackout day

With a deluxe pass, you will get 10% off at restaurants. PAPs get 15% off at restaurants and 10% off merchandise.

ima_mickeyfan
09-03-2005, 09:32 AM
when should a person upgrade their 5 day park hopper tickets? do you wait till the last day your there and not worry about the discounts or do it right away if your saturday is not a black out date? I am trying to figure out what to do with ours...family of 6 (4) kids, probably won't return till next year, so the discounts are really not a priority, just thinking about upgrading so we don't have to buy tickets on next visit, just pay the difference right now.. does this make any sense? Also I was told that I could upgrade on the last day there and not paythe difference till we come back.

ILovePoker
09-03-2005, 09:47 AM
If you are only going 3 times a year, I would advise saving your money and getting just a deluxe pass. Premiums allow you to go any time of the year and since you aren't going to be there year round, I would just get a deluxe pass. But it's your decision. :)

Darkbeer
09-03-2005, 09:51 AM
when should a person upgrade their 5 day park hopper tickets? do you wait till the last day your there and not worry about the discounts or do it right away if your saturday is not a black out date? I am trying to figure out what to do with ours...family of 6 (4) kids, probably won't return till next year, so the discounts are really not a priority, just thinking about upgrading so we don't have to buy tickets on next visit, just pay the difference right now.. does this make any sense? Also I was told that I could upgrade on the last day there and not paythe difference till we come back.

The rules on upgrading are pretty simple...

1. Make sure you use all the benefits on your ParkHopper, such as Early Entry and the ESPN Zone game card prior to upgrading.

2. Make SURE there are no blockout days in regards to the AP you are going to purchase during your stay, usually this is where the "Don't upgrade until your last day" comes in, it is easier and simplier to just say that, then to ask which AP are you going to get, and then check the blockout days.

But so long as you have done both of the above, go ahead and upgrade, and get your discounts.

And you WILL have to pay the difference when you upgrade, there is no delaying the payment.

DisneyMa
09-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Thank you everyone for your advice. We have decided to go with the deluxe. We like to visit during the off season anyway and we have the Disney Visa card for discounts. As I said, the parking isn't something we would use as we only stay at the GCH or DLH.

The most we would visit the park is three times in a year. We were going to get one Premium and one Deluxe. However, with the help of the pros on here we have decided to just both go Deluxe. :)

Thanks Again
Disneyma