Pages : [1] 2

Darkbeer
09-02-2005, 08:02 AM
Most AP's went up $20 in price, as shown at Disneyland.com

SoCal Select is now $119 (up $20)

The Regular SoCal remains at $149

Deluxe's are now $229 (up $20)

Premium AP's are $349 (up $20).

The Parking Pass add-on remains at $49. (Free with a Premium AP)

ToursbabeC3po
09-02-2005, 08:03 AM
uggghh I have to buy two by sept 17th.... Not a happy camper!!!
Thanks for the information!

sdfilmcritic
09-02-2005, 08:05 AM
Well I guess I sent my renewal form in at the perfect time. I mailed it late last week. I paid $238 for the Deluxe Pass with the parking feature. I couldn't imagine that I would have to now pay $258 for it. Of course I'm including the twenty dollar discount if they will still uphold it for the renew-by-mail passholders.

nursemelis374
09-02-2005, 08:11 AM
Not too bad, I would still pay 500 dollars for my premium pass. I just wish they would have eliminated the SoCal passes.

DisneyDustin22
09-02-2005, 08:13 AM
"sigh"...first gas, now AP's again. Disney should work a deal where you get a free tank of gas with the purchase of an AP. :)

ToursbabeC3po
09-02-2005, 08:16 AM
So you have to pay 349.00 so that you can go in the park and pay 100.00 for food (and that is cheap) to visit the park. They have it all worked out!

DangerMouse
09-02-2005, 08:16 AM
"sigh"...first gas, now AP's again. Disney should work a deal where you get a free tank of gas with the purchase of an AP. :)

Hey, for those who drive large SUV's that would be QUITE a deal! :p

miss bianca
09-02-2005, 08:20 AM
So if I have a AP voucher (purchased within the last 3 months) when I go to the parks to activate it, will I have to pay the increase?

Osky
09-02-2005, 08:37 AM
So if I have a AP voucher (purchased within the last 3 months) when I go to the parks to activate it, will I have to pay the increase?

No. You will not. Also, people who have renewal forms with the old price, they will honor the old price.

olegc
09-02-2005, 08:49 AM
No. You will not. Also, people who have renewal forms with the old price, they will honor the old price.

actually - I have even used passes paid 8 or 9 months in advance for a renewal and they honor the old price. However, I think it's because the CM just ran it through - the official policy does have some sort of "window"...

I just wish they would take a harder look at the numbers of APs and do price increases in a variable form instead of across the board. This increase tells me they still consider all APs in the same boat - and the people who use them are of the same category - when in fact this is not true. I hope that the surveys they recently took will show them what each "demographic" of AP holder like to do in the park and adjusts the pricing accordingly..

The discounts across the board are a great plus - but also show that they are still marketing to the lump sum of all APs. And that, I believe, shows that to the park admission is admission and they do not want to lose it.

I wonder how long they will keep advertising to convert your park hopper to an AP - and yet still increase AP prices (which most would tell you it's supposed to deter increased sales of APs). I can only assume they want to capture that additional dollar THAT DAY and then deal with a one-year window of an AP holder who may not renew.

MrsG
09-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Not too bad, I would still pay 500 dollars for my premium pass. I just wish they would have eliminated the SoCal passes.
My feelings exactly!

spectromen
09-02-2005, 10:15 AM
My feelings exactly!

Ditto!

Osky
09-02-2005, 10:17 AM
Ditto!

Count me in!

Mrs. Newseditor44
09-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Most AP's went up $20 in price, as shown at Disneyland.com

I just got my renewal (APs expire in Oct) and I am happy to say that they reflect the OLD price plus a $20 discount of the renewal!!!!!

CariBelle
09-02-2005, 10:56 AM
Why does no one like the SoCal passes? I'm guessing most of you don't live here lol

DisneyDustin22
09-02-2005, 11:05 AM
Why does no one like the SoCal passes? I'm guessing most of you don't live here lol

Because we go so often, paying for black out day passes would far exceed what we would pay for just shelling out for a deluxe or premium. I've gone a good 20+ times this summer already and almost all of those were on black out days. If I didn't have the PAP, I would be greatly in debt. :)

MrsG
09-02-2005, 11:07 AM
I live here. :|

Osky
09-02-2005, 11:10 AM
I live in Northern California now, but I didn't like them when I lived in So. Cal either.

CariBelle
09-02-2005, 11:44 AM
But what's so bad about them for us SoCal people who don't go as often. I understand that you go more often, so the larger AP packages are better, but why get rid of the SoCal passes completly?

nursemelis374
09-02-2005, 11:51 AM
I too live in Southern California, 30 minutes from DL. I just miss the old days when the parks really had down times before the So Cal passes. I think it would just decrease the amount of people there in the off season, which is one o fmy favorite things about having a pass.

CariBelle
09-02-2005, 11:52 AM
I too live in Southern California, 30 minutes from DL. I just miss the old days when the parks really had down times before the So Cal passes. I think it would just decrease the amount of people there in the off season, which is one o fmy favorite things about having a pass.

Ah, that makes sense :)

disneyperson
09-02-2005, 12:07 PM
So glad we bought renewed ours last week. Thanks for the update.

Doug
09-02-2005, 06:50 PM
Why do you want them to eliminate the SoCal passes?

Doug
09-02-2005, 06:55 PM
So, the thoery is that SoCal pass holders are filling up the park? Not on weekends... which is the only time I can go, as I work...

SCUBAbe
09-02-2005, 07:58 PM
So, the thoery is that SoCal pass holders are filling up the park? Not on weekends... which is the only time I can go, as I work...

yep I have witnessed this. The first sunday that all the other pases besides dap and pap were not blocked after summer was a madhouse. Everyone in line clutching their ap. the few I saw were so cal ones also. The saturday before was not crowded and very nice. We had a whole boat to ourselves for potc and the storybook land ride. Then sunday cdame and it was a mad house.