PDA

View Full Version : Major Change on AP food discounts starting Friday 9/2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 08:20 PM
It wil be a LOT easier to figure out the AP food discounts...

SoCal Select, SoCal and Deluxe will get 10% off

Premium's will get 15% off

At pretty much EVERY Food location except Outdoor Vending Carts....

Not sure what the policy will be at the Hotel restaurants

All the Registers in the parks have been reprogrammed with the new discount keys.

This should also cut down the complaints to the CM's:fez:

Andrew
09-01-2005, 08:34 PM
More discounts, not fewer?

I don't get it.

Leap for Joy
09-01-2005, 08:38 PM
More discounts, not fewer?

I don't get it.

Yeah... I'm confused too!!

SCUBAbe
09-01-2005, 08:40 PM
cool....I guess....and why not at the vending carts as well....if sea world can do it DL can do it...:confused:....

cakimmy
09-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Sorry I haven't posted here much but that does sound a lot easier.

From what I know there were only certain restaurants throughout the two parks that AP could get discounts and then it depended on your pass type. For example (some Premium AP could get 15% off at certain restaurants while only 10% at others). This seems to be better because it makes the discount the same for all places and it seems like more restaurants are going to give the discount (when I went in June there was no discount at the River Belle, but from the above explanation there should be a discount available for AP now). I hope this is correct.

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 08:43 PM
Yes, MORE discounts......

All the QSR's (Quick Service Restaurants) and higher will give discounts to AP holders....

I think the program is to address complaints from guests who moaned about not getting a discount at a certain place (even though they didn't qualify for one). This should make the CM lives a LOT easier, as the program is pretty simple...

Now, I can see some AP holders now moan and complain about not getting a discount at the ODV carts. (It won't work there, they don't have registers, and the prices are designed for easy change (nearest 25 cents).

But I like the fact that I now will know where I get a discount, and how much...

Alas, California law still prevents discounts on Beer at DCA :mad:

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 08:47 PM
cool....I guess....and why not at the vending carts as well....if sea world can do it DL can do it...:confused:....

SeaWorld ODV carts have registers, and deal with all types of prices and change (they don't have nice and simple pricing.) SeaWorld vendors that work the stands at shows have the "simple" pricing, and do not offer AP discounts.

Disney has looked at adding registers at the ODV carts, and supposely the new Lemonade stands had the "network" cables installed when they upgraded their locations.

SCUBAbe
09-01-2005, 08:48 PM
Alas, California law still prevents discounts on Beer at DCA :mad:

awe, but that's ok...you don't like DCA anyway...;)

TowerofTerror
09-01-2005, 08:48 PM
It sound good all these change happening starting tomorrow

SCUBAbe
09-01-2005, 08:49 PM
SeaWorld ODV carts have registers, and deal with all types of prices and change (they don't have nice and simple pricing.) SeaWorld vendors that work the stands at shows have the "simple" pricing, and do not offer AP discounts.

Disney has looked at adding registers at the ODV carts, and supposely the new Lemonade stands had the "network" cables installed when they upgraded their locations.

I see. i never but stuff at the odv carts in DL or at the shows at sea world. Oh, we did buy some glow, but I returned one when it broke before the show even ended...LOL

Doug
09-01-2005, 08:52 PM
Yeah! Woo Hoo! Finally!

ToT, *ALL* theses changes? What other changes?

Alex S.
09-01-2005, 08:56 PM
Do you still have to spend $10 or is it on anything?

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Do you still have to spend $10 or is it on anything?

Not on Food, and it never was the rule...

If you go to Disneyland.com, you will see that the Merchandise Discount for Premium's had an asterisk that states that you need to buy $10 (before tax), food never had a minimum.

And the Merchandise Discount is still ONLY for Premium AP holders.

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 09:03 PM
FYI, the Food Prices throughout the park will be going up October 1st, so the new discount will just basically offset the price hike.....

Wendi
09-01-2005, 09:04 PM
Wow, that's great... much easier. I assume AP prices will be rising right around that time to, eh?

Alex S.
09-01-2005, 09:10 PM
Really? I seem to remember not getting the discount once at Plaza Inn because I hadn't spent enough money in just buying a piece of pie (it's shocking but it doesn't yet cost $10 for a piece of pie). Probably a false implanted memory since it is very rare that I eat at one of the restaurants and don't manage to spend $10.

DopeyWife
09-01-2005, 09:15 PM
I have also not been able to get a discount before if I didn't purchase at least $10 in food. Maybe it's an inconsistant policy??

lauras5boys
09-01-2005, 10:56 PM
I went to get some milk for the boys at Redd Rockett and they wouldn't give me a discount because it wasn't $10 either.

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 11:04 PM
OK, I pulled out the June thru September 2005 AP calendar/newsletter.

Here, on the foldout on the back cover, it does state that Dining Discounts do require a $10 minimum purchase.

I also went back to Disneyland.com AP section, and it does NOT mention the Dining purchase requirement....

And I have gotten a AP discount when I have bought less than $10 worth of food multiple times.

TowerofTerror
09-01-2005, 11:06 PM
i have too without spending $10

Darkbeer
09-02-2005, 12:16 AM
The discounts have been updated at Disneyland.com...

The Hotel food locations are also now under the 10% discount for SoCal Select's, SoCal's and Deluxe's, and 15% for Premium AP'ers....

Nice change:fez:

Club 33, Napa Rose, Room Service and ODV Carts do NOT give AP discounts.

Stupid_American
09-02-2005, 06:01 AM
Yes, MORE discounts......

Now, I can see some AP holders now moan and complain about not getting a discount at the ODV carts. (It won't work there, they don't have registers, and the prices are designed for easy change (nearest 25 cents).

That's another "unclear" policy.
Make that "quarter increments only" change.
If you hand them $3.30, for a $3.25 item, the only thing you will get back is a "Thank you."

PsychDoc
09-02-2005, 07:00 AM
Not on Food, and it never was the rule...

If you go to Disneyland.com, you will see that the Merchandise Discount for Premium's had an asterisk that states that you need to buy $10 (before tax), food never had a minimum.

And the Merchandise Discount is still ONLY for Premium AP holders.
Not true. When I've tried to get my PAP discount on a soda or two (not quite 10$ but close), most CMs wouldn't give it to me. The only place that would without question is Taste Pilot's Grill.

nursemelis374
09-02-2005, 07:19 AM
Really? I seem to remember not getting the discount once at Plaza Inn because I hadn't spent enough money in just buying a piece of pie (it's shocking but it doesn't yet cost $10 for a piece of pie). Probably a false implanted memory since it is very rare that I eat at one of the restaurants and don't manage to spend $10.

This isn't a false memeory, I beleive it is just evidence of the confusion even the CMs had about hte discount program. 3 weeks ago today I was told this at Pizza Port. I spent 8 dolalrs and when I inquired about the discount, I was told that I needed to spend 10 dollars.

TikiGeek
09-02-2005, 07:53 AM
Alas, California law still prevents discounts on Beer at DCA :mad:I'm going to ask Arnie to change that. :D