PDA

View Full Version : Have you seen this DL Shirt?

Kontra
09-01-2005, 11:18 AM
This is kind of a weird thing to be asking on a forum, but here it goes. The other day I saw someone wearing this awesome Disneyland shirt. The shirt was baby blue and had a large yellow silhouette of the Disneyland castle with the word “Disneyland” written under it, in the classic Disneyland font. I don’t know if was purchased at DL or somewhere else, but I just got back from DL and I didn’t see it there. I searched long and hard online for it as well but no dice. If you have seen this shirt please let me know, it rules.

Thanks!

TowerofTerror
09-01-2005, 11:20 AM
sound like a great shirt

tinkluver
09-01-2005, 02:50 PM
This is kind of a weird thing to be asking on a forum, but here it goes. The other day I saw someone wearing this awesome Disneyland shirt. The shirt was baby blue and had a large yellow silhouette of the Disneyland castle with the word “Disneyland” written under it, in the classic Disneyland font. I don’t know if was purchased at DL or somewhere else, but I just got back from DL and I didn’t see it there. I searched long and hard online for it as well but no dice. If you have seen this shirt please let me know, it rules.

Thanks!
You can always call DelivEARS and see if they have it. The number is: (800) 362-4533

Whittibo
09-01-2005, 03:08 PM
And you didn't ask them where they got it?? :D
In my experience, anything with "DISNEYLAND" on it, came FROM Disneyland. Like my girls have had some Disney shirts in the past from other vendors.. but they never said DISNEYLAND.

So this must be a Disneyland (bought in Disneyland) shirt. I know sometimes they have different shirts in different areas too.

Hope you can get one!

Chiidesu
09-01-2005, 05:07 PM
I think I saw that shirt on display in World of Disney in Downtown Disney, near the middle of the store where they sell clothes :) Check if it's the right one!

DaddyB
09-01-2005, 07:03 PM
T-shirt?
Polo Shirt?
Camp Shirt?
Henley?

Mens? Womens?

Need Info!

Wounded Bear
09-01-2005, 07:12 PM
I have actually found DLR merchandise items at the Disney Outlet Stores that I have never seen sold in the park.
I have purchased several very cool MICKEY t-shirts that say " DISNEYLAND" on them that were not in the parks.
So maybe the shirt you saw came from one of the outlets.

"You got to put your behind in the past." -Pumba

passthepixiedust
09-01-2005, 07:34 PM
I searched high and low in DL this week for a tee shirt that I saw online that has a picture of Walt and Mickey in front of the castle.It is all black and white except for Mickey..... I never did find it and I don't recall seeing the one you are talking about either. Sorry.

Kontra
09-01-2005, 07:39 PM
It was indeed the coolest Disney shirt I've seen, I'm starting to think the kid might have silk-screened it himself. The castle silhouette was rather large and filled up most of the shirt. The "Disneyland" wording was right below the castle and was the width of the castle. It was indeed a T-shirt. The colors worked so well together. I was thinking about calling Disney directly about the shirt and now that Chiidesu has a spotting I will be calling for sure. I would have asked the kid where he got it but I was at a Meijer Madness (it's when our local mega store, Meijer, has a bunch of good deals for college students on our first days back at class), so it was very crowded and I was trying not to lose my friends. I know excuses excuses, I'm just a coward. I'll let you all know if I find it and post a pic of it when I do.

Thanks all!

Kontra

Kontra
09-01-2005, 07:41 PM
I searched high and low in DL this week for a tee shirt that I saw online that has a picture of Walt and Mickey in front of the castle.It is all black and white except for Mickey..... I never did find it and I don't recall seeing the one you are talking about either. Sorry.

Thanks for looking anway, I'm not giving up though! hehe

Sandiegoboy
09-01-2005, 07:55 PM
Was it a 50th shirt?
I cant remember what they had pictures of, but I was looking for one for my g/f. The staff told me they discontinued the (Light)blue I was looking for and were only making them in dark blue now.
No idea if it was the same color you saw.

Kontra
09-01-2005, 09:22 PM
Was it a 50th shirt?
I cant remember what they had pictures of, but I was looking for one for my g/f. The staff told me they discontinued the (Light)blue I was looking for and were only making them in dark blue now.
No idea if it was the same color you saw.

I don't believe so. The castle was not that of the 50th anniversary's logo and there was no other indications that it had anything to do with the 50th. The shirt is very basic. I think I have seen the shirt you'r talking about on google/froogle.

Sandiegoboy
09-01-2005, 11:20 PM
I don't believe so. The castle was not that of the 50th anniversary's logo and there was no other indications that it had anything to do with the 50th. The shirt is very basic. I think I have seen the shirt you'r talking about on google/froogle.

Is this it like this?
These are pics of the sweater, but there are tshirts in the same style/color.
They used to come in light blue, but they discontinued it for some reason.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/200/cimg02982mi.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg02991zf.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg03008qg.jpg

EDIT: Guess only 1 img allowed per post, clikc on links to see 50th icon.

TowerofTerror
09-01-2005, 11:46 PM
Ive seen it but don't remember where at if it was Disneyland or or at world of Disney store

Kontra
09-02-2005, 07:35 AM
Is this it like this?
These are pics of the sweater, but there are tshirts in the same style/color.
They used to come in light blue, but they discontinued it for some reason.

http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/200/cimg02982mi.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg02991zf.jpg
http://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=cimg03008qg.jpg

EDIT: Guess only 1 img allowed per post, clikc on links to see 50th icon.

Nope, I do like that shirt, but not the one I'm lookin for. The DL wording doesn't have the graphics behind it and is just in its plain DL font, colored yellow. The castle, also in yellow, is very large and above the lettering. I'm going to call WDW and DL directly and see if they can locate it. Thanks for your efforts!

kohl
09-02-2005, 08:52 AM
Have you checked www.zazzle.com ?They have a whole bunch of Disney shirts. You can design them yourself.

lakingsfankurt
09-02-2005, 09:40 AM
Was it embroidered? If it was it may be a personal clothing item of a cast member. I've seen a couple of cast members that have these really simple blue floppy/fishing hats with a golden mickey embroidered w/50th inside it. Both confirmed that they are their personal hats that they had embriodered as cast members. I offered one cast member $50 for it, but she said that they aren't allowed to give or sell those items.

CariBelle
09-02-2005, 10:52 AM
I have that sweatshirt and it is so comfy! I got the kid size though, and it has the dog from PotC, a hitchhiker from HM, and the Ab. snowman from Matterhorn on it.

Kontra
09-02-2005, 12:21 PM
Was it embroidered? If it was it may be a personal clothing item of a cast member. I've seen a couple of cast members that have these really simple blue floppy/fishing hats with a golden mickey embroidered w/50th inside it. Both confirmed that they are their personal hats that they had embriodered as cast members. I offered one cast member $50 for it, but she said that they aren't allowed to give or sell those items.

Nope, wasn't embroidered. Just plain silk screening.

TimBuk2
09-02-2005, 04:42 PM
i saw that shirt in "Showcase" store on main street just last week. the "disneyland" text was in red, the image was yellow.