PDA

View Full Version : Hotels with fireworks view

WITron
09-01-2005, 01:55 AM
I was looking at the reviews of the Carousel Inn and read they have a good view of the fireworks. Unfortunately they are sold out for the one night we need I was wondering if there are any other hotels with good views of the fireworks. I already know of Howard Johnsons.

Vegitabeta
09-01-2005, 02:02 AM
We've stayed at the Sheraton Anaheim twice, and there's a great view from just outside the main doors, there's always people watching them from there. We could even see them from our hotel room window on our first trip! I have photos of how good the view is, if you want to see just PM me. :)

ToursbabeC3po
09-01-2005, 02:42 AM
But you miss the music and it makes the show so much better. If you have the chance watch it in the park.
Tourbabe

WITron
09-01-2005, 03:42 AM
But you miss the music and it makes the show so much better. If you have the chance watch it in the park.
Tourbabe
This is just the night that we are getting in. We plan on seeing the show latter in the week in the park. I just thought it would be neat to see it from the hotel the first night, since we won't be going into the park that day.

stan4d_steph
09-01-2005, 05:46 AM
I was looking at the reviews of the Carousel Inn and read they have a good view of the fireworks. Unfortunately they are sold out for the one night we need I was wondering if there are any other hotels with good views of the fireworks. I already know of Howard Johnsons.There are some rooms in the Disneyland Hotel that have views of the fireworks.

dsnyredhead
09-01-2005, 07:23 AM
The problem you might run into with viewing the fireworks from the hotels is that there is no music. I believe they might plan some music at the DL hotel. Unfortunately, without the music you won't know when the fireworks really end. There are alot of low-lying fireworks that are centered around the castle and the park and you might think that the show is over before it really is and you will miss the extra fireworks.

WITron
09-01-2005, 07:48 AM
I am not too concerned about the music, since we will see them when we are in the park later in the week. I just thought it would add to the excitement of going to the parks for our DD. I was looking at Howard Johnson's and it wasn't were I wa thinking.

For some reason i was thinking it was on the northwest side of the park. I made reservations for Howard Johnson's and Park Vue. Can anyone help me decide betwen the two?

krissy1977
09-01-2005, 07:53 AM
We stayed at the Park Inn Anaheim and our room was right at the front of the hotel and we had a great view of the fireworks from our room. We watched them the first night we got in as well. Seeing it with the music and other special effects is definitely much better but it was still fun just watching them from our room.

ima_mickeyfan
09-01-2005, 08:08 AM
we stayed at the fairfield in and was able to watch the fireworks from the balcony, ask for the building facing Harbor blvd.

Tandyc
09-01-2005, 08:13 AM
The Coast has excellent views of fireworks!

ralfrick
09-01-2005, 08:38 AM
There is a viewing room at the Desert Inn & Suites.

Cheers.

My2kidsrule
09-01-2005, 09:12 AM
You can watch them from the pool at HoJo It's pretty cool. turn a chaise lounge around and watch the whole thing.

Wendi
09-01-2005, 09:13 AM
You could always walk to the parking garage shuttle in DTD and watch from the top of the parking structure.

Pammer
09-01-2005, 11:00 AM
We have SoCal APs, and are usually blocked-out of the park when they show the fireworks since we go in the off-season and they are only on Saturdays (our arrival day) during that time. Our alternative is to watch them from Harbor Blvd in front of Denny's, since we usually stay at the Del Sol Inn. Yes, we miss the music, but we do see a majority of the shells exploding in the air!

Mark Goldhaber
09-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Another great viewing area at the Sheraton Anaheim is from the pool area.

Last week, we watched them from our balcony at the GCH with the soundtrack (ripped from the 6-CD set) playing on my laptop through the open door. Nice.

WITron
09-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Well, my plans for Howrd Johnson's was nixed by my wife as she does not see the sense in spending $100 to stay right there, since we won't be going into the park on Saturday. She suggested the Super 8 on Disneyland Drive where we stayed when we went last year, but I wanted a park view. After searching the web I came up with a $49 rate at Anaheim Plaza. So, it looks like that is where we are going to stay our first night. Thanks for all the suggestions.

mariezp
09-06-2005, 07:40 PM
We watched the fireworks from our window at the Anaheim Desert Inn last year. It worked great for us! My daughter was 4 years old and afraid of the loud noises. The view was good and she didn't have to be scared. Plus we also had the comfort of already being back at our room while everyone else was fighting the crowd to leave the park when the show was over.

Malcon10t
09-06-2005, 07:45 PM
TourbabeThe Hilton has a fantastic view of the fireworks from the executive lounge. As for the music, we had the Believe music on our computers, and we would take it to the lounge and match it to the fireworks. (Sad isn't it!) I doubt we could get as good with the Remember, but the fireworks themselves are a great view.

Off topic - We used to get woken up at 3am on New Years Eve morning to them rehearsing the New Years Eve fireworks. We always had a great view of them!

mariogarza
09-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Originally Posted by Mark Goldhaber
Another great viewing area at the Sheraton Anaheim is from the pool area.

On may, I watched them from the Sheraton Anaheim, twice in the room and about 3 times in the pool area...it's a great place to watch the fireworks...We were in the jacuzzi and the pool area is surrounded by buildings, still you can see much of the show, except for the low rise fireworks, the flames, etc...still a really great spot....

I have stayed twice at the Hilton and Towers and 3 times at the Sheraton Anaheim, it is a great hotel, a bit expensive but booking online in advance can low the price a lot, but it has the most confortable beds I've been...and spacious rooms...the pool is very warm and the whole hotel is themed in a medieval theme with tons os passages, fountains and gardens...since the first time I was there on 2003, it's the only place I stay........well, this will change in December, the first time I'm going to stay on-site at the DLH, so let's see....

RobRoz
09-07-2005, 04:06 PM
The Coast has excellent views of fireworks!
This Hotel might have the best view...but, of course you need to be on the right side of the Hotel..and guessing it's the most requested