PDA

View Full Version : Favorite cheap food at disneyland.

Pages : [1] 2

Bizarro Joker
09-01-2005, 12:46 AM
What type of food at Disneyland is the best buy for your money. My favorite best buys are

Turkey leggs:sold off carts by frontier land(By Thunder Mountain) and at times a cart Around the Castle Area. For $6 tyou get a huge roasted Tturkey legg that is more than enough food for the average person, I ahve a perty big appatite and they fill me up.

Cinamon Rolls and Sticky Buns sold at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on mainstreet. I prefer the Cinamon roll my self but the cost saving comes in at this point. Both the cinamon roll and sticky bun are very big and you only pay $1 for them than you pay for a single cookie which is much smaller.

ToursbabeC3po
09-01-2005, 01:49 AM
I like the pineapple slices they sale throught the park YUMMY!

Whittibo
09-01-2005, 05:26 AM
Cinamon Rolls and Sticky Buns sold at the Blue Ribbon Bakery on mainstreet. I prefer the Cinamon roll my self but the cost saving comes in at this point. Both the cinamon roll and sticky bun are very big and you only pay $1 for them than you pay for a single cookie which is much smaller.

Are you saying you can buy either the Cinnamon roll OR the Sticky Bun for only a $1.00? Or is the cookie only $1.00?

09-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Favorite best buy is to split any entree between two people. Two can easily eat for the price of one, plus an extra drink.

Stupid_American
09-01-2005, 06:25 AM
Are you saying you can buy either the Cinnamon roll OR the Sticky Bun for only a $1.00? Or is the cookie only $1.00?

That would be $1.00 more than the cookie.

Speaking of cookies, the Butterfinger or Triple Chocolate Brownies are only $2.50.

DisneyDustin22
09-01-2005, 07:04 AM
Have to tip my hat to the Mickey pretzel and cheese

Whittibo
09-01-2005, 07:11 AM
That would be $1.00 more than the cookie.

Now that makes more since. I didn't think you could buy ANYTHING for a $1 at DL. Thanks for clarifying that for me.

TikiGeek
09-01-2005, 07:23 AM
Have to tip my hat to the Mickey pretzel and cheeseOh yeah! Or the cream cheese filled pretzel. ;)

CrazyTrain
09-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Dole Whips!

disney jones
09-01-2005, 08:21 AM
Child's menu hamburgers at Granville's are about $6 - nothing else at the resort even comes close for quality with a good price.

PrincessMomma
09-01-2005, 08:40 AM
The salads at Pizza Port in Tomorrowland are huge. My husband and I can usually split one and be full for lunch. If we are not quite full, splitting a piece of bread or a slice of pizza usually finishes the job. There is a child size portion of spaghetti that my sons love ~ and I have spied adults eating that on occasion!

In DCA we like Taste Pilots' Grill. They have burgers like a lot of other places in the park, but there is a little bar where you can fill them up with goodies (lettuce, tomatoes, onions, etc.). And the kiddies love the set of little mini burgers and the smiley face potatoes. My two youngest sons (2 and 4) sometimes split the child meal so they each get one little burger.

rfaljean
09-01-2005, 08:43 AM
Corndog from main street red wagon and Carnation Cafe Breakfast-really reasonable.

Wendi
09-01-2005, 09:07 AM
My favorite cheap eats are not IN Disneyland... though the sliced caramel apple used to be there.

1 - Sliced Caramel Apple (DCA - Strips, Chips & Dips)
2 - Tuna Sandwich (White Water Snacks)

crazi4dlr
09-01-2005, 09:47 AM
The kids fried chicken meal at the French Market. You can substitute a piece of chicken for the nuggets and with a salad, you're good to go.

Crazy4Mickey
09-01-2005, 10:08 AM
Have to tip my hat to the Mickey pretzel and cheese
Count me as another vote for the Mickey pretzel and cheese. I think I could live off of those!!!! :D

disneyochem
09-01-2005, 12:50 PM
We like to get the chicken fusilli (sp?) at Red Rockets and supplement with a side salad. That feeds me and my two kids!

ttztotdca50
09-01-2005, 12:59 PM
Churros!

DianeM
09-01-2005, 01:16 PM
There is a "hole in the wall" place next to the Blue Bayou that serves gumbo in a bread bowl. Very hearty meal for about $8.

What type of food at Disneyland is the best buy for your money. My favorite best buys are

Turkey leggs:sold off carts by frontier land(By Thunder Mountain) and at times a cart Around the Castle Area. For $6 tyou get a huge roasted Tturkey legg that is more than enough food for the average person, I ahve a perty big appatite and they fill me up.

averagedork
09-01-2005, 03:05 PM
You could go to the Tortilla Factory at DCA and say it's your birthday... hee hee hee.

I am a fan of all things at Whitewater.

Skunker
09-01-2005, 03:40 PM
You could go to the Tortilla Factory at DCA and say it's your birthday... hee hee hee.

I am a fan of all things at Whitewater.

What happens at the Tortilla Factory on your birthday?

DangerMouse
09-01-2005, 03:43 PM
What happens at the Tortilla Factory on your birthday?
If you're wearing a birthday sticker they will give you a whole package of tortillas for free.

kohl
09-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Instead of getting one tortilla, they give you a bag of about 10 fresh tortillia's! :D

DisneyDustin22
09-01-2005, 03:47 PM
Instead of getting one tortilla, they give you a bag of about 10 fresh tortillia's! :D

I really wish they could give some guacamolie or salsa with those things. it would make em much more tasty! :D just a litte dixie cup worth. nothing too big. enough to satisfy the craving of someone who likes guacamolie. ;)

ima_mickeyfan
09-01-2005, 05:19 PM
I really wish they could give some guacamolie or salsa with those things. it would make em much more tasty! :D just a litte dixie cup worth. nothing too big. enough to satisfy the craving of someone who likes guacamolie. ;)

i heard that they "sometimes" give you a stack when wearing the birthday sticker, but have also heard that if you go towards the end of the day last tour they also give you a stack even if it's not your birthday.

ILoveChurros
09-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Well since I am ILoveChurros, I would have to say Dole Whip...just kidding, love those but my fav are the churros :D