PDA

View Full Version : I'm proposing at DL!

Pages : [1] 2

MZCosmo
08-31-2005, 08:54 PM
:D :D :D Im going to propose to my girlfriend this next wednesday (9/7) at Disneyland! Im going to do the wishing well proposal. Does anyone know if Disneyland does anything for things like this? If so who could I call? And what could they do?

ILoveChurros
08-31-2005, 08:56 PM
:D :D :D Im going to propose to my girlfriend this next wednesday (9/7) at Disneyland! Im going to do the wishing well proposal. Does anyone know if Disneyland does anything for things like this? If so who could I call? And what could they do?

I'm not sure if they do anything for proposals, just weddings. But hey, just wing it if you can't get help from them. Good luck!

Pooh bear
08-31-2005, 09:16 PM
You could probably ask one of the photo people by the castle if they could take pictures for you to document the occation.

Good luck

ToursbabeC3po
08-31-2005, 11:44 PM
I just wanted to tell you congrats!!!

09-01-2005, 06:33 AM
I'm thinking almost any dream can come true at Disneyland if there's enough moola to back it up.

Whittibo
09-01-2005, 07:30 AM
Oh how romantic. You're girlfriend is a VERY lucky lady! I never got proposed to, just a ring sitting on the table. :( I still resent that (could you tell?)

I hope it's an enchanted night for you both!

ima_mickeyfan
09-01-2005, 07:40 AM
it's worth asking someone there!! I think that is such an Awesome Idea! congrats..definatly have a photographer on hand to capture the moment and you could include copies of the proposal in your wedding invites....

MarblesMrs
09-01-2005, 08:03 AM

A few months ago, a young man proposed at the Princess Breakfast. Arraigments were made so that the young ladies ring was brought to her in a Princess Bucket. I believe there is also an occasion that one of the Princesses brought the ring out on a pillow (however this is not a norm, insurance and such ya know). Talk to the manager at one of the restaurants and let them know what you are planning to do. If you choice to propose at a restaurant call, Disney Dining 714-781-3463 and make a Priority seating and let the cast member who you are speaking with know you plan on proposing so they can make note of it.
Call guest service at the park and tell them where and when you'd like to propose and ask if they can give some suggestions.

ktgd03
09-01-2005, 08:20 AM
CONGRATS! I hope you have many, many great years together :D

Wendi
09-01-2005, 09:18 AM
You could probably ask one of the photo people by the castle if they could take pictures for you to document the occation.

Good luck

I was going to suggest the same thing... you can ask them to take some pics with your camera too! Congratulations!

Rteneyck
09-01-2005, 09:21 AM
Congrats! My husband proposed to me at Disneyland on IASW. It was the best day of my life and I am sure it will be hers too. Good Luck! :D

Disneyphile
09-01-2005, 10:23 AM
I was recently engaged at Disneyland on August 14th.

A few days prior, my fiance went to City Hall to ask for assistance, possibly from a character, but they won't do it for free anymore. The only thing they did offer was an autographed picture of Mickey, which he gave to me the morning after the proposal.

Your best bet is to rely on friends for assistance, although a Disney photographer will come over to take some pictures if you wish.

Congrats and good luck!!! :D

09-01-2005, 10:36 AM
I was recently engaged at Disneyland on August 14th.

What?! Mr. Disneyphile has fabulous taste. :)

Best wishes for all happiness.

TowerofTerror
09-01-2005, 10:40 AM
THTA SOUND great to propose at DL .I`m gone to do it with my girlfriend too

ima_mickeyfan
09-01-2005, 11:00 AM
can't you just go to toon town and to Mickey's house with gf..when start walking to mickey, be in front of gf and hand mickey the box, then have mickey hand her the box...that way the photographer is already there and while mickey is handing her the box get on one knee wait for her to open it and then ask her to marry you.. just a thought could work don't you think?

MeelaneMouse
09-01-2005, 11:13 AM
Congratulations! Mu husband proposed to me in that very spot. He told me to close my eyes and make a wish... when I opened my eyes, he was down on one knee. There were a bunch of people around that cheered and congratulated us. It was very cool. Still makes me tear up :crying:

Hi-Ho
09-01-2005, 11:15 AM

What is the wishing well proposal??? Congratulations!! That is so fun!

MeelaneMouse
09-01-2005, 11:23 AM
The Snow White wishing well right beside the castle.

Hi-Ho
09-01-2005, 11:27 AM
The Snow White wishing well right beside the castle.
So you just put the ring in there and tell them to look and make a wish? Sorry....I have never heard of this before.

DisneyDustin22
09-01-2005, 11:28 AM
So you just put the ring in there and tell them to look and make a wish? Sorry....I have never heard of this before.

It's a very romantic spot, probably one of the most in the entire resort where couples like to propose to one another and express their love. It's just a location that appeals to people for this type of thing. It's not really an event, more just a way for people to be creative when they propose and make it that much more memorable.

As some posted earlier, the boyfriend will take his girlfriend there, stand with her by the wishing well and ask her to make a wish. she closes her eyes and when she opens them, her boyfriend is down on one knee holding the engagement ring. It's just a normal proposal, only in a very special place. :)

Hi-Ho
09-01-2005, 11:33 AM
It's a very romantic spot, probably one of the most in the entire resort where couples like to propose to one another and express their love. It's just a location that appeals to people for this type of thing. It's not really an event, more just a way for people to be creative when they propose and make it that much more memorable.

As some posted earlier, the boyfriend will take his girlfriend there, stand with her by the wishing well and ask her to make a wish. she closes her eyes and when she opens them, her boyfriend is down on one knee holding the engagement ring. It's just a normal proposal, only in a very special place. :)

Very cool. Thanks for the scoop!

wriley
09-01-2005, 11:39 AM
Very cool. Thanks for the scoop!

My brother proposed at the Blue Bayou, he told the hostess to bring ring out with dinner and handed her the ring, When they brought it out it was on top of a plate with a tower built of roses, It looked like about 100 dollars in roses. No charge. Not sure if they always do that but ask at the front when she is browsing the crystal shop outside.,

Whittibo
09-05-2005, 05:11 PM
Oh, two days left.. I can't WAIT to hear how this goes. I am SO jealous of all you guys that got wonderful proposals (or did the proposing).. I wish I could have had something romantic!! (bitterness showing it's ugly face again.. sorry)

I know you're "fiancés" (sp?) will remember this day for the rest of her life! This is such a wonderful, romantic way to propose.

Doug
09-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Wow, now I am wishing I had some one to marry :( ... any available women out there into Disneyland ;)? hehe

Whittibo
09-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Oh Doug.. I am married already, but would LOVE a nice proposal. You could propose to me, and wouldn't even have to support me or my children. And you could use it as practice for the future "Mrs. Doug". :)

When shall I meet you in front of the wishing well?? (OH, and don't forget the karat)