PDA

View Full Version : Is the first week of April busy?

babytmakes5
08-31-2005, 04:42 PM
I was on the Disney website to check prices on our spring 2006 travel plans, and I notice it is a couple of hundred dollars cheaper to go the first week of April, rather than the first week in May. I'd rather go in May, but I don't want to pay more. Why would it be more expensive to stay at the DLR hotels during the first week in May? I thought the first week in May was "low season," so it would make sense to me to keep the prices lower to draw people in. Would it be really busy the first week of April--I definitely want to go when the crowds are at a minimum. Thanks once again for your help, opinions, suggestions, whatever you have to offer! :)

derraj25
08-31-2005, 06:54 PM
It's off-peak because nationwide Spring Breaks are over (for the most part) and school is back in session. That's why it's cheaper.

On a side note, it has always been our experience (6 years running) that the first two weeks of April are very low traffic times. Last year especially, we had no wait times on anything!!!

-derraj

SeansMom
08-31-2005, 08:00 PM
Well....our experience with the first week in April (which we've done twice, because that is when our school breaks are)...this year, even though the 50th hadn't officially begun, was pretty crowded, especially considering we were there on a Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Long waits, and fastpasses gone by 1:00 at several attractions.

Back in '01, the park was quite empty except for the week-end, which was to be expected.

Hope that helps! Oh, and we saw LOTS of people from Washington state, as that seems to be a common Spring Break time for here.

DLFan
09-01-2005, 06:12 PM
What about the middle of March - is that traditionally a busy time? Our spring break is the 13 - 20 of March and I was debating about whether to go then instead of May when we usually go.