PDA

View Full Version : Become part of the Magic!?

Scroll Lock
08-31-2005, 01:29 PM
I was curious if Disneyland had an "official" stance on someone's ashes scattered within the park? That's not too morbid is it? I hope not.

I'm a born and raised Southern Californian who has visited Disneyland at least once every year of my 34 yr old life, and have thought to myself, "If I were to be put to rest in the park, where would I like to be specifically?"

Other than having entire roam of the park, where would you like to R.I.P.?

For me, I think it would be in the constant ebb and flow of the waters in POTC. And I say that only because the park removed my favorite spot which was at night, under the cave of good ol' Rufus. Never in my life can I remember being so at peace than as a young child gazing up at that cave :)

dlandnut
08-31-2005, 02:08 PM
Morbid, but very thought-provoking. If creamated, I guess I'd want my ashes to be scattered from the top of the Mark Twain into the Rivers of America. If I were in a coffin, I'd like to be placed in the coffin holder hearse/thing (what do you call it?) in front of Haunted Mansion. I know it's an urban/Disney legend, but I once heard that it was actually Brigham Young's hearse, lol. :)

jrsharp21
08-31-2005, 02:36 PM
You could put me in with the rest of the skeletons in Indiana Jones. LOL. :eek:

Disney4Me
08-31-2005, 04:49 PM
Wouldn't want to be...my loved ones could put a little of me in a necklace and take me for a visit if they go though. I just wouldn't want to get vaccummed up,trampled on. drained, or have gum stuck to me thanks anyways.

Whittibo
08-31-2005, 05:47 PM
Oh, now that's a cool idea actually. I always wondered, how would they know if you DID scatter ashes somewhere that you weren't "supposed to"?

stan4d_steph
08-31-2005, 06:29 PM
Check out the California Health and Safety Code. (http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=54113511637+2+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve)

Lekta
08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
Probably POTC as well, I just love that ride. Though I do like Disney4Me's idea also!

Andrew
08-31-2005, 07:25 PM
I know it's an urban/Disney legend, but I once heard that it was actually Brigham Young's hearse, lol. :)
From snopes (http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/hearse.htm):

Claim: The horse-drawn hearse in front of Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is the actual hearse used to carry Brigham Young's body.

John
08-31-2005, 07:46 PM
Toss a pinch of me in the pet cemetary at the Haunted Mansion!

MeelaneMouse
08-31-2005, 08:13 PM
Did you guys ever hear about the family that visited the Haunted Mansion? I don't know if it is true or not... Their son passed away at a young age and that was his favorite ride. They had told the castmembers at the park that it was their son's favorite ride and just wanted to ride it alone to have kind of a "goodbye" of their own to their son. Somehow they got the chance to ride it alone... and about midway in to the ride they saw the couple (on camera) leaning over the doombuggy and dumping out something all along the way. After their ride was over, the cast members at the exit just let them leave, they were not aware of what had happened. Then they closed the ride to find a peculiar substance that looked an awful lot like human ashes. They had to completely close the ride to clean everything up. Maybe there are 1000 happy haunts now?

Mark Mywords
08-31-2005, 08:16 PM
Oh, now that's a cool idea actually. I always wondered, how would they know if you DID scatter ashes somewhere that you weren't "supposed to"?

I guess it depends where you do it and how stealthy you are. If the legend of the folks who scattered their son's ashes in the Haunted Mansion is true (I've never seen it completely debunked or proven) the story goes that they were observed doing so by CMs. According to the story, they weren't caught, though. The park ended up shutting down the attraction while the whole this was cleaned up.

Wesley815
08-31-2005, 11:48 PM
Bad idea... unless you want to cause problems for other guests so your ashes can be cleaned up and thrown in the trash, or sucked up into water pumps (POTC), and then trashed.

kinglouie1967
09-01-2005, 05:38 AM
Officially, Disneyland does not permit that sort of thing and they officially deny that anyone has ever scattered ashes in the Haunted Mansion. Doesn't mean it hasn't happened, because lots of people have at least thought about it.