PDA

View Full Version : Fireworks Tuesday the 13th [September]

kimc0486
08-31-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok so I was just looking at the schedule at dl.com just to see if anything had changed for my trip 9/12-9/19. I noticed that on TUESDAY the 12th the fireworks are scheduled for 8:00....

Tuesday September 13, 2005 DisneylandŽ park
Hours:
10:00 am - 8:00 pm
Entertainment Event:Time:"Remember...Dreams Come True" Fireworks8:00pm

Does anyone think this is an error or they are really having the fireworks that day? It isn't on any other days that week aside from Friday and Saturday. Any info?? :D

hlbtimes2
08-31-2005, 01:32 PM
This question was asked at laughing place today as well. Darkbeer said that it was probably for a private function after the park closes.

kimc0486
08-31-2005, 01:36 PM
That's dumb! They shouldn't list it if it is for a private event! :rolleyes:
Thanks though.

Doesn't the park allow you to shop for an hour afterwards on main street? Do they usually have a disclaimer on the site if the park is closing early? It still says closing at 8:00...interesting.

Well where is the best place OUTSIDE the park to watch the fireworks (other then from a hotel room)?

Thanks!!

Darkbeer
08-31-2005, 01:43 PM
If the info is correct, it might be a typo, as fireworks are offered only on Fridays and Saturdays after this Sunday.

So, if they are doing it, it is more than likely tied to a Private Event, but if the schedule is correct, then the General Public will be allowed to see it. At 8 PM, all ride entrances will close, but folks will be allowed to stay and watch the fireworks, then be asked to leave. Also, Main Street will more than likely only remain open to about 9 PM, so you would have less time to shop on your way out.

kimc0486
08-31-2005, 02:26 PM
Thanks. So does anyone think that if it is a private event, if I would be able to stay and see? I mean if it starts at 8, and park closes at 8 I would prob be able to see them somehow i'm guessing? It just seems that logistically there would be no way for them to corrall 1000's out while they are starting fireworks. But, if they do somehow get us out, where is the best place to see them? (Outside the park that is)

Thanks!

Gone2Disneyland
08-31-2005, 02:39 PM
But, if they do somehow get us out, where is the best place to see them? (Outside the park that is)

I discovered a bunch of folks standing on the top of the Mickey and Friends parking structure on my way back to my car, on the side facing the park. That location is very close to the fireworks launching site behind Toontown, and for a fireworks show, it's an awesome location. Be warned, it's loud there! :p But for a place to see a purely fireworks show (because you obviously won't be hearing the soundtrack), I'd recommend it. You'd have to plan to leave the park before eight and take the tram to get there by 8pm.

mcow1
08-31-2005, 07:55 PM
I discovered a bunch of folks standing on the top of the Mickey and Friends parking structure on my way back to my car, on the side facing the park. That location is very close to the fireworks launching site behind Toontown, and for a fireworks show, it's an awesome location. Be warned, it's loud there! :p But for a place to see a purely fireworks show (because you obviously won't be hearing the soundtrack), I'd recommend it. You'd have to plan to leave the park before eight and take the tram to get there by 8pm.
But you will get to hear lots of car alarms going off.

ToursbabeC3po
08-31-2005, 11:51 PM
I believe that party is a mixer so you may be able to stay I will find out.

TowerofTerror
09-01-2005, 12:03 AM
well i bet it they will let you stay to see the fireworks. If it is a show that day that you said Tuesday September 12th. I say call a few days before and see if they will have the fireworks show

ToursbabeC3po
09-01-2005, 01:51 AM
They will not tell the public if it is a mixer but I can ask some friends that still work at the park.

kimc0486
09-01-2005, 01:04 PM
They will not tell the public if it is a mixer but I can ask some friends that still work at the park.

That would be GREAT! Thanks!
Do they usually advertise these things for the public if they are private events?

ima_mickeyfan
09-01-2005, 02:14 PM
I was told by someone a very reliable person in vacation planning, whom checked with special events that there is nothing going on in the park after 8pm. The only thing that is going on is @ ESPN, the Poker thinga ma gig....

Darkbeer
09-01-2005, 05:57 PM
I was told by someone a very reliable person in vacation planning, whom checked with special events that there is nothing going on in the park after 8pm. The only thing that is going on is @ ESPN, the Poker thinga ma gig....

Then it could easily be a "typo", as it is awfully strange to have a Fireworks Show on Tuesday, but not Sunday, Monday, Wednesday or Thursday......

So unless there is a reason (such as a Private Party), then I wouldn't expect to see Fireworks that night.

imperpay
09-16-2005, 02:29 PM
No typo. We live close enough
to hear them, and they were
definitely going off. We sure
thought it was odd for a Tuesday.
Anybody know if there was
a private party that night??

-Imp
------------------------
Pleasantly surprised by the show from Small World...

Darkbeer
09-16-2005, 05:28 PM
No typo. We live close enough
to hear them, and they were
definitely going off. We sure
thought it was odd for a Tuesday.
Anybody know if there was
a private party that night??

Disney was hosting a large group of Travel Agents that night (about 350), and the Fireworks were for them, they set up a special VIP area right in front of the castle. The regular guests were allowed anywhere else....

Leli
09-16-2005, 07:11 PM
Ah. That explains it. I was there watching a movie in DTD and I heard them going off. I was extremely puzzled, and my boyfriend was rather peeved at me because I guaranteed him there wouldn't be fireworks. He adores them, so when he realized I was wrong... :rolleyes:

Darkbeer
09-17-2005, 12:05 AM
The Special Fireworks on Tuesday were listed in the TIMES Guide handed out at the Turnstiles, and posted on Disneyland.com.

And don't expect to see any more on weekdays until November 10th, unless there is a special party (there are rumors of HP and Honda having special events).