PDA

View Full Version : Mad Hatter Tea Party teacups

potzbie
08-31-2005, 10:52 AM
I have not ridden the Teacups since a few months ago. -- The limit on the individual spin capacity was still clamped tight. -- I could make the cup begin to pick up some spin, but in a few seconds, the resistence slowed it right back down. It cycled from loose, to tight, and back again.

I did (visually) monitor the Teacups in a follow up visit, to see if anyone (adult males who have the arm strenth) could make their teacup spin like in the olden days.
But I saw no one really cranking.
So I assumed that the same tease (loose; tight; loose; tight; "cycle") was still in effect.

Have they loosened up the restraints, since the buckle-down, since?

I remember picking up a tip. -- Back then, while I was standing in line at JUNGLE CRUISE, I saw a Disneyand employee reading the employee newsletter (what is the name of that newsletter?), and from where I was standing in line, I read a snippet of one article that DL management was considering "loosening up" the teacups back to their old high-velocity capability.

What's the scoop?
("Take tea and see!")

DisneyDustin22
08-31-2005, 10:56 AM
I rode them a few weeks back. We definately had that cup spinning. Now it could have been the combination of the four of us spinning it, I don't know. But we were movin'. Note to self, don't attempt to ride 4 in the cups and have all 4 spin again unless you plan to bruise the hands and knees. lol

TikiGeek
08-31-2005, 11:26 AM
I can get them to spin fairly fast so you "get the effect" but nothing like the old days when I used to make them spin like a human centrifuge. Oh how I miss the nausea. :D

CrazyTrain
08-31-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't know about the "old days" but recently I've been with strong guys who were able to get them to spin like crazy! SO much fun!!

Mark Goldhaber
08-31-2005, 07:45 PM
When we rode them last week, my son refused to let me spin it until the last of our four rides. I had that gold cup spinning so fast that we were all walking off to the left for a few minutes after we got off. Serves me right for not "unspinning" halfway through... :rolleyes: