PDA

View Full Version : The Disneyland 50 Year Old Virgin...

DisneyDustin22
08-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Hilarious movie! But it got me thinkin, how many Disneyland virgins are out here on this board? Tell us when you're first trip is. What do you expect it to be like? Do you have any visions of what might be? How far do you think you'll get on your first time? Will you go all the way and do every ride? Will you have enough energy to do some twice?

Before I get into any more immature references, let's discuss. ;)
Or if you're not a Disneyland virgin, can you share a story or two of when you took a Disneyland virgin to the park for their first time?

SummerinFL
08-31-2005, 10:08 AM
Im a Disneyland virgin! Hmm, should I be proud of that? LOL

To answer your questions:

What do you expect it to be like?
Well, obviously smaller than what I'm used to seeing. Definitely richer with history which always appeals to me anyway and unique in its own way. :) It IS the original after all. :)

Do you have any visions of what might be?
Well I mentioned smaller, I know it will be a little disorienting at first because I'm so used to WDW but I imagine I won't be there alone so it will be fun. :)

How far do you think you'll get on your first time? I will try and cover as much as possible within in the time I will be there, not sure how long is enough but I haven't really planned my DL vacation yet. :)

Will you go all the way and do every ride?
Not every ride, some are the same as WDW but I will do the rides I know that have differences between the two...Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean and Fantasmic.

Will you have enough energy to do some twice?
Duh! It's Disney, oh I'll have the energy, I'm a great pacer. ;)

Gone2Disneyland
08-31-2005, 10:13 AM
Or if you're not a Disneyland virgin, can you share a story or two of when you took a Disneyland virgin to the park for their first time?

Took a group of thirteen of us to the park on Saturday, and one was a newbie. A guy in his late-twenties from the midwest who promised his mom he'd ride "the tea cups" for her, which he did and loved. We were there from 9 am until after the fireworks, which we saw from in front of the Walt and Mickey statue. Everyone had park hoppers or annual passports so he was able to enjoy visits into both parks as well, seeing "Aladdin" which he wants to work at (we're all theatre/film people) and riding Soarin'. His favorite ride was Space Mountain, he tried the Monte Cristo in the Blue Bayou and loved it, and he said he's hopes to buy himself an annual pass like most of the rest of us by the end of the year. Mission accomplished. :D

Hoppypooh
08-31-2005, 10:40 AM
I am just 2 weeks away from my very first trip to DL. I am taking my hubby (who is also a newbie) as a combo birthday/welcome home gift. (We are both soldiers.) We've only been to WDW once (to get married!) :D

What do you expect it to be like?
I hate to be cliche, but smaller... and more beautiful with more attention to atmosphere and detail.

Do you have any visions of what might be?
I am really looking forward to seeing my fave ride IASW in its original form and my hubby to see his fave POTC which I'm told is longer and better at DL. I'm looking forward to Indy, Soarin, lunch at the Blue Bayou, the Plaza Inn birthday party, seeing the original Tiki room, wearing my golden ears, buying new potato head parts, watching the Muppets, seeing Fantasmic, both new parades and of course the new fireworks. Oh and all the shows... DL Band, Dapper Dans, Billy Hill, Aladdin, steel drums etc.

How far do you think you'll get on your first time?
Everything! I am a total commando and very anal about advance preparation and organizing. Plus I've been lurking on this site and others and have gotten so much great advice!

Will you go all the way and do every ride?
No teacups! I like my lunch inside my belly and not on the sidewalk thank you very much. Also no HM or Cal Screamin as they will both be down.

Will you have enough energy to do some twice?
Only the favourites. I want to leave enough time to see the shows.

sdfilmcritic
08-31-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm a Disneyland Playa. :|

Don't hate the playa, hate the game. ;)

Don't playa hate. Participate! :D

Psst -- Ruthie. Click here! (http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=playa)

nursemelis374
08-31-2005, 10:47 AM
I had 2 girls stay with me this weekend that attended DL for the first time on Saturday. I wrote them out an itinerary and they had a great time. They were excited to see the real Tiki Room as they were staying in my guest room which is also a Tiki Room. They had a great time and their favorite thing was Indy and swing dancing.

Summer- We can't wait to show you DL!

40 Year Old Virgin is the funnies movie I have seen in ages!

Opus1guy
08-31-2005, 11:06 AM
While we're at it...do we have any Disneyland Eunuchs out there?

You know? Like me.

;)

08-31-2005, 11:14 AM
While we're at it...do we have any Disneyland Eunuchs out there?

You know? Like me.

Not in front of the y-o-u-n-g p-e-o-p-l-e, Opus! Hey, my feet are tired. Want to go sit at the French Market and listen to the music?