PDA

View Full Version : Our 50th Event Trip Report & Photo Album are finally ready!

KarenW2
08-30-2005, 10:38 PM
After way too many doctor visits, medical tests, etc. (I have to have knee surgery on BOTH knees, at the same time, on 9-16!), we finally have our trip report and virtual photo album ready to view, for our time at the 50th Event!

If you go there and click on the link for the 50th event, it will take you to the page for the photo album and link to the trip report.

I'd love it if y'all would take a look and let me know what you think. Thanks!

Here's the link: http://members.cox.net/dl.album/

And as a reminder, please do not use any of our photos without our permission. Thanks!

TowerofTerror
08-30-2005, 10:42 PM
nice report and picture taken on your trip

Mark Mywords
08-31-2005, 10:44 AM
Love the pictures!

Maus
08-31-2005, 06:40 PM
Karen--great pictures. I enjoyed your report's perspective as compared to mine (in my signature link, in case you haven't seen it. And one of these days I'll get the rest of my pictures up there!). Tell Barry I was sitting next to him in Kevin Rafferty's workshop--right in the front row!

SeansMom
08-31-2005, 08:04 PM
Great pics! Thanks so much for sharing.
(BTW, hope your surgery goes well.)

adriennek
08-31-2005, 10:09 PM
I haven't read or looked yet but I can tell you all will be well because the 16th is my birthday ;)

Adrienne

disney jones
08-31-2005, 10:25 PM
Karen - you did a great job! you're enthusiam for that trip all throughout the summer was cool, and your final presentation and wrap was a nice presentation - thanks! :cool:

KarenW2
08-31-2005, 10:54 PM
So glad you like the photos and trip report so far! Maus, I read your trip report and it sounded like your group "breezed" thru the registration and all compared to what we did! First, since we were there before 1 pm, we asked the concierge & he told us the wrong place to wait! After we were there for a while, a nice lady came by, asked if we and the others there were waiting to register, and she told us the sad news! Then we moved, waited some more, then they showed us where the line was going to be, inside the next room. What a pain!

Several people (including the very rude man behind me) actually RAN to cut in front of us, to the front of the line, not staying in the order we were in, when we were waiting outside the room!! The line there took a long time, followed by the shorter but also time-consuming line at merchandise pick-up for our RSP stuff, then the horrendously long lines in the event store! Just to put our order in, then for them to show up took forever!

The CM took our order, disappeared behind the curtain and we didn't see him again til over 1/2 hour later, when we asked another CM to find the guy! Come to find out, the guy decided since I was buying one each of the Radko orns for a friend, that I wouldn't want any of the boxes, so he took each one out of their box, then put the wrapping and orn in a totally different box all together (unboxed!), then did who knows what back there! Obviously, we DID want a box for each of the orns (they're so fragile, Disney wouldn't let people ship them, cos they didn't want to take responsibility for breakage!), so then he had to go back to the back again, to look for boxes (thank God they were all the same!) and then put them in one large Radko box for us. We got that, then had to wait forever in the line to pay. For all those people waiting, they only had 2 registers open and refused, when asked nicely by more than one person, to open any others!

Another interesting note, they told us that we could not bring in anything we'd already purchased in the park to get signed, so we waited to get all the books we wanted til the event, but we couldn't wait to get the 6-CD set when we were there on 5-4, especially since it sold out so fast and we didn't know it would be on the signing thing anyway. We asked the clueless CM what they were going to ask for, to prove you purchased the things there. He didn't know, so he went away to find out. He came back with the answer that they'd ask us to show them our receipt from the event store, so we had to buy a duplicate 6-CD set! Well, what a surprise, the next day at the signing, they did NOT ask for ANY proof of ANY kind, so now we have a duplicate set, complete with gold vinyl, that we need to return to DL the next chance we get.

If your seminars were posted in the order you took them, you were in the Cooking for Mickey and Friends with us, CStephens and her husband as well! Also, the second day, you were in both seminars that Barry went to! He said he wasn't excited about the windows one either. I was not impressed with my gardening one, since the speaker was very uncomfortable speaking and had to refer to other gardening CMs in the room for answers and info. I had a really hard time staying awake and at one point, had to wheel myself out, to use the bathroom. I hoped I didn't miss anything and I found out I hadn't.

SeansMom, thanks so much for your kind wishes. And that's your birthday, AK? I'll have to celebrate it later with you at MouseAdventure (providing I can still do it, I'm planning on getting a wheelchair again), since I don't think I'll be in very good shape to sing you a "Happy Birthday" song on 9-16!

I'm really praying the surgery goes well and fixes the stuff that's been hurting so long (torn ACL's, torn meniscus, torn cartilage, etc., in both knees, from 20 yrs of arthritis and a slip & fall back in February). The doc said they won't do anything to repair the ACL, since I'm not a soccer player or something, so I'm hoping it's still better afterwards. I've been using twin knee braces, my walker and wheelchair ever since the accident, so I'd really like to be able to be on my own without the extra devices.

spectromen
09-01-2005, 07:31 AM
I don't have enough time to go through the entire site right now, but just wanted to say quickly that neither of you look old enough to have had a 25th anniversary yet! ;)

KarenW2
09-01-2005, 04:49 PM
Ah, thanks Disney Jones, I appreciate your kind words. Your post wasn't posted when I wrote my first response, so I'm responding now. I wanted to wait til the report & album were as together as they could get, reasonably, before I let folks here know about it.

My hubby is in a couple of other groups (RADP, whatever) and he told them about it before we had everything written, captioned, etc. I tried to find all the typos and fix them before I announced it here, especially since I know there are several sharp eyes out there (like CS!) who notice these things. I always do too, so I wanted to try to fix everything beforehand. :)

I was really happy we had a new camera to use for the event. If you look at the other photo albums at the same link, the photos from Aladdin were taken with this camera when we first got it (it was my first time using it and all without flash, obviously!) and the others were taken with 2 other digital cameras. So far, I like our current camera the best. What do you think?

Spectromen, aw, garsh, thanks for the kind words too! I hope you get a chance to look at the trip report and photos, but thanks for the compliment. I really didn't want the photo of my hubby and I included, because it was taken after we'd been in a very hot park, all day long, and definitely weren't expecting to have our photo taken. We just wanted photos of the incredible dessert creation they did for us! The photo of me on the monorail at 4 something am on 7-17 is a similar story. I was waaaaay too sleepy and really didn't want my photo taken, but he wanted to capture everybody that morning. It wasn't til we got home and went thru the photos that I saw HE didn't have HIS photo taken that early!! :D

Maus
09-01-2005, 07:17 PM
Well, what a surprise, the next day at the signing, they did NOT ask for ANY proof of ANY kind, so now we have a duplicate set, complete with gold vinyl, that we need to return to DL the next chance we.

Interesting, because when Bruce Gordon signed my book he asked for the receipt and signed the back of that too. When I questioned him he said that's what he was told to do by the Merchandise staff.

At any rate I enjoyed reliving those days through your eyes. Doesn't it seem like the event was months ago? Time flies...

KarenW2
09-03-2005, 10:50 PM
I read his name and I felt so bad! I heard on another board that he was "relieved of his duties" at WDI!!! I couldn't believe it! I wonder where he'll be working next.

He was so nice when he signed our books! He said I was the only one who bought all THREE of the books he worked on! He was so funny too. He signed our 6-CD book on one of the black pages, with a silver Sharpie, that he got from Stacia Martin. He wrote his signature on the smallish size, "and Bruce Gordon, July 2005" at the bottom of the page. We asked him why, and he said, "Because Stacia will be signing it next. She likes to write really big, creative things, so there's usually no space left for me to sign!"

Yes, I agree, it does seem like the event was many months ago!!