PDA

View Full Version : Worried... going to DLR on 12/4-12/5...

little belle
08-30-2005, 03:10 PM
I just found your site (it's wonderful I might add)...and while reading through all of the old messages I read that DLR will be closing early on Dec. 5th and the 6th for a CM party. Is this true?? There are 12 of us in our group...and I am taking my daughter for the first time. Now I am worried that the park will be totally crowded...long lines...and now we have to leave early! Please ease my mind that it won't be so bad!! We picked these days specifically to avoid big crowds as well as enjoy the holiday decorations...

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Alycia

DisneyDustin22
08-30-2005, 03:17 PM
It doesn't neccessarily mean the lines will be longer, it just means you will have less time to get everything done. Having more than one day helps but you will still need to plan accordingly. The upside to the situation is you are going on a weekday. Crowds will not be what they are on the weekends. You should be okay as long as everyone in your group stays on the same page and doesn't argue over what rides to go on. I haven't been there when the employee parties are, but I have been there on days when they have grad nights. Main street closes promptly when the park closes and theres no extra hour of shopping available. I don't know if thats the case for this as well, I would assume so because they want to get the park emptied as quick as possible.

Wounded Bear
08-30-2005, 03:59 PM
THE PARK IS USUALLY CROWDED AROUND THE HOLIDAYS but it is well worth it because Christmas is a very special time at DLR and there is a joyfull spirit in the air that you will feel. Dont cancell your plans just because the CM's are having a party.
The CM's gotta blow off some steam too.
Arrive early and get your Fastpass for Space Mountain first thing.

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
08-30-2005, 07:11 PM
I have to jump in on this one, my family goes every year and has for the last 10 on or around December 5th, the last two years (due to the 5th or 6th landing on a weekday) the parks have closed at 6pm. We have never had a problem doing everything we want to do. The only crowds (if you could even call them that) we really encountered were around 4 in the afternoon when the locals came for the parade and fireworks, which we were still able to enjoy. Most of the rides have moderate to small lines.

What we have done to maximize our time, grab a quick breakfast, get to DL before rope drop, have lunch on the go at the park (beef skewers, corn dogs, fruit etc...) and have a nice leisurely dinner in DTD or at the hotel after the parks closing. We also try to stretch the trip out to include a Sunday night for the later closing.

We travel with grandma's and toddlers and this year there will be 12 of us, so we aren't moving anywhere quickly!

The 4th is scheduled for the Candlelight processional so the park will be open normal hours, it may be a bit crowded during the day, but at night as long as you avoid main street the lines for the rides aren't bad at all.

WITron
08-30-2005, 10:21 PM
We will also be going to DL from Dec. 4-11. I am not leting the fact that the park closes early turn me off of our. trip. I have been there in the past when it closes early, but the crowds are so much less that you are able to see more than if it is open late and it is more crowded.

I am actually looking forward to the shortened hours because that means we can sleep in, since it opens later and get to bed earlier. We also have 2 young daughters, so it works out better for them.

We are planing on going to DL on the 4th after flying in, just to see the candlelight procession. Then on the 5th we will do EE, which will be at 9. Take Tuesday off, go to DCA on Wednesday. Have an off day on Thursday and spend the day at the parks on Friday and Saturday.

In the past we have usually gone for just one day, so we would get there at park opening and stay late. This time with more days we can just take it at our leisure.

ILovePoker
08-30-2005, 10:52 PM
I would visit Disneyland on the 4th, then California Adventure on the 5th because it doesn't take as much time to do everything there.