PDA

View Full Version : Help! Ticket drama!

potterphreak
08-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Okie, we can't decide if we want to go for 2 days or 3 in November. My question is if we buy 2 day Park Hoppers for Monday and Tuesday, can we upgrade them to a 3 day Park Hopper on Tuesday if we decide to stay an extra day?
Thanks sooooooooooooooooooooo much for any and all help!
CJ :eek:

wenderella
08-30-2005, 11:42 AM
Don't fret! You can upgrade your ticket at any ticket booth and you'll just pay the difference. However, I can tell you now, 3 days is the way to go. You'll barely touch the surface at 2 days. HAVE FUN!

08-30-2005, 11:44 AM
3 days is the way to go. You'll barely touch the surface at 2 days.

Good advice!

potterphreak
08-30-2005, 11:46 AM
Last year we went for just a day and that actually worked pretty well for us. We go every year and last year Del was just too chicken to go on everything. This will be our first time taking two 6 year olds (Del gets to bring her cousin/friend this year), plus I am buying me and Del APs for the year (woohoo!). <sigh> Decisions, decisions....

TowerofTerror
08-30-2005, 11:48 AM
3 day pass would be good instead of 2 day pass to the park.

stan4d_steph
08-30-2005, 11:59 AM
What wenderella said is correct. If you get the 2 day and decide you want to go an extra day, you can upgrade your passes. However, if you are getting them at any sort of discounted price, you won't get a discount since you'll be upgrading at the ticket booths at DL.

If you feel you can afford it, time and money-wise, I would go with the recommendations of others to go ahead and get the 3-day passes. You will feel much less hurried and can take your time to enjoy rather than feel that you have to assault the park commando-style. :)

Darkbeer
08-30-2005, 12:12 PM
What wenderella said is correct. If you get the 2 day and decide you want to go an extra day, you can upgrade your passes. However, if you are getting them at any sort of discounted price, you won't get a discount since you'll be upgrading at the ticket booths at DL.

If you feel you can afford it, time and money-wise, I would go with the recommendations of others to go ahead and get the 3-day passes. You will feel much less hurried and can take your time to enjoy rather than feel that you have to assault the park commando-style. :)

Right now, if you buy online (Advance Purchase), a 2-Day ticket is $105, and a 3-Day is $139.

But if you upgrade at the park, they will charge the difference between $105 and $159, or an extra $54. So you could save $20 per person by buying in advance, and get the free Early Entry and ESPN Zone Game Card.

potterphreak
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
Hmmm very interesting Darkbeer, I hadn't thought of it that way.....Thanks!! Now, if DH could just make up his mind......

Skunker
08-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Don't fret! You can upgrade your ticket at any ticket booth and you'll just pay the difference. However, I can tell you now, 3 days is the way to go. You'll barely touch the surface at 2 days. HAVE FUN!

Let me get this straight - if I buy a 4 day hopper and want to stay 5 days, I can pay the extra 20.00 or so and get that 5th day, just as if I had purchased a 5 day in the first place? (Pre vacation brain damage is starting to set in, please excuse me)

Malcon10t
08-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Let me get this straight - if I buy a 4 day hopper and want to stay 5 days, I can pay the extra 20.00 or so and get that 5th day, just as if I had purchased a 5 day in the first place? (Pre vacation brain damage is starting to set in, please excuse me)
No, if you upgrade at the park, you will pay the difference between the cost of the 4 day you bought, and the cost of the "at the gate" 5 day pass ($209). In this case, it would be cheaper to upgrade to an deluxe annual pass.