PDA

View Full Version : Simple Breakfast Before Going to Parks?

Pages : [1] 2

mickeynminnie
08-29-2005, 05:08 PM
Hi everyone.

We're staying at the DLH in November and are looking for somewhere to have a simple traditional breakfast prior to going to the parks. Is there anywhere that we can go that just serves bacon & eggs, and maybe a mickey pancake for the little one. Really we're trying not to go to a buffet type place. Please help!

lisap
08-29-2005, 05:31 PM
The coffee shop at the DLH serves breakfast, but not a bacon and eggs-type--just mostly muffins and fruit etc. I believe Granvilles at the DLH serves a nice (non-buffet) breakfast. Maybe someone can comment on that.

Also, you might consider having a quick breakfast in the morning from the coffee shop, then getting to the park first thing to do the Fantasyland rides before the crowds come. Then have your "second breakfast" mid-morning ;) at the River Belle or Carnation Cafe where they do Mickey pancakes right. Just a thought.

stan4d_steph
08-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian has a limited breakfast menu, with items including a breakfast burrito, an egg, bacon and cheese biscuit and French toast sticks.

MrsG
08-29-2005, 06:51 PM
This is one (of the many) reasons why we still need Monorail Cafe!! :mad:

Darkbeer
08-29-2005, 07:18 PM
You could walk down Disneyland Drive (south) to Katella, both Tilly's and CoCo's offer traditional breakfasts, and will be a lot cheaper than on-site.

ILoveChurros
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Hi everyone.

We're staying at the DLH in November and are looking for somewhere to have a simple traditional breakfast prior to going to the parks. Is there anywhere that we can go that just serves bacon & eggs, and maybe a mickey pancake for the little one. Really we're trying not to go to a buffet type place. Please help!

Might I recommend a GREAT place to eat pancakes? The Original Pankcake House...no not IHOP. It's this little pancake house on Lincoln, like 5 minutes from the resort that serves every kind of pancake, waffle, crepe, omlettes, everything! It is so good and the prices are good for the amount they give you. I highly recommend this place, if you want more info just ask!

BTW, I don't work there (though I sound like I do!) I am just a huge fan of this place and eat there for the best breakfast in town.

spacemountain85
08-29-2005, 07:24 PM
Then have your "second breakfast" mid-morning ;)
What about elevensies? Luncheon? Afternoon tea? Dinner? Supper?

ILoveChurros
08-29-2005, 07:27 PM

haha, I love Pippen.

rentayenta
08-29-2005, 07:28 PM
In the DLH there is Goofy's but it's a buffet and a bit pricey. On Harbor there is a Denny's but you couldn't pay me to leave the DLH to go to Denny's. ;)

WWS is a good choice. Their breakfast burritos are really good.

BWthespian
08-29-2005, 07:59 PM
theres is a really awesome place called millies, i remeber back when going to disneyland was a huge family vacation type thing,we would always stop at millies for breakfast

BWthespian
08-29-2005, 08:00 PM
there is a really awesome place called millies, i remeber back when going to disneyland was a huge family vacation type thing,we would always stop at millies for breakfast

lisap
08-29-2005, 09:06 PM

:D

JeffG
08-29-2005, 09:26 PM
Several of the restaurants in Downtown Disney serve fairly traditional breakfasts. I've never tried any of them myself, but I've heard fairly good reports from other people about the breakfasts at Catal, Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, and La Brea Bakery.

-Jeff

hlbtimes2
08-29-2005, 09:39 PM
Try www.dlresortinfo.com for menus. YOu can get a pretty reasonable meal in the park at Carnation on main street or at the River Bell Terrace. Storytellers or Grandvilles also look like they have good options.

ILovePoker
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
Maybe you could just have MacDonalds. :D I love their breakfast burritos. Plus, you'll save $$$, then eating on-site.

08-30-2005, 02:55 AM
Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian has a limited breakfast menu, with items including a breakfast burrito, an egg, bacon and cheese biscuit and French toast sticks.

A second vote for Whitewater Snacks. The portions are quite large and sharing entrees is no problem.

tod
08-30-2005, 05:10 AM
Granville's has an excellent breakfast menu. They turn up the lights and the waitress we had was friendly and personable. It also has the advantage of being right there at the Hotel instead of someplace else you have to go to.

--t

DangerMouse
08-30-2005, 06:23 AM
I'm always far too nervous/anxious to eat a big breakfast before we go to DLR. I think it would make me feel sick. We usually stick with cold cereal or instant oatmeal in the hotel room before we hit the parks. I would hate to have eggs and bacon on my stomach when riding the matterhorn in the morning! ;)

dlandnut
08-30-2005, 06:30 AM
This is one (of the many) reasons why we still need Monorail Cafe!! :mad:

My sentiments exactly!!! :)

Barbossa
08-30-2005, 10:08 AM
The Original Pankcake House...no not IHOP. It's this little pancake house on Lincoln, like 5 minutes from the resort that serves every kind of pancake, waffle, crepe, omlettes, everything! It is so good and the prices are good for the amount they give you.

Cool! We'll be up at DLR this weekend and also wanted to find a good place to eat breakfast without Goofy and The Madhatter bugging me every minute. ;) There are several OPH's in San Diego and they eat IHOP for breakfast (pun intended). I was wondering if there was one near DLR, and now I know. Thanks!

ILoveChurros
08-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Cool! We'll be up at DLR this weekend and also wanted to find a good place to eat breakfast without Goofy and The Madhatter bugging me every minute. ;) There are several OPH's in San Diego and they eat IHOP for breakfast (pun intended). I was wondering if there was one near DLR, and now I know. Thanks!

No problem! If you're coming from Harbor from DLR, make a right on Lincoln, and drive down til you see it, its hard to spot since its so small, but its on the right side of the street. I'm craving their pecan pancakes as I type this!

kos
08-30-2005, 10:39 PM
We also have small children (3 of them) and found that the La Brea Bakery really suited our needs (it is the 1st store/restaurant in Downtown Disney closest to the parks.) It was a la carte, had great eggs/bacon/potatoes, etc. and even sliced fruit (a welcome alternative after all the chicken nuggets!) They also had coffee drinks, breakfast breads/pastries, etc.. We would eat just before going into the park and could watch other people lining up to get into Disneyland which kept the kids entertained. Another great breakfast treat are the beignets at Ralph Brennan's express - definitely not healthy but DELICIOUS!

dasrock
08-30-2005, 11:34 PM
Whitewater Snacks at the Grand Californian :D :D

TowerofTerror
08-30-2005, 11:38 PM
me McDonald's

Barbossa
08-31-2005, 10:54 AM
I'm craving their pecan pancakes as I type this!

Spinach omelette for me! :D