PDA

View Full Version : My Secret Crush

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

Uncle Dick
02-22-2002, 09:30 PM
Okay, so I thought I'd get it off my chest. I have a crush on the chick who plays the cymbals in BLAST! You know the one. She also plays the tambourine and other various percussion type thingys. She's got the awesomest smile ever, and she does all of these incredibly sexy body movements during the course of the show. There're lots of attractive females in BLAST!, but, man... that chick is the best. Okay, I feel much better now that I've shared.

pixiepal
02-22-2002, 09:48 PM
You must be talking about the one who bumps and grinds her hips sexually while playing her cymbals? I have NEVER seen someone get that "into" Ravel before. It was rather frightening, and not very family-like. I mean, there are young children in the audience!:eek:

Uncle Dick
02-22-2002, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by pixiepal
You must be talking about the one who bumps and grinds her hips sexually while playing her cymbals? I have NEVER seen someone get that "into" Ravel before. It was rather frightening, and not very family-like. I mean, there are young children in the audience!:eek:

Oh yeah, baby! That's the one. And she does handle those cymbals very nicely, doesn't she? One of these days I'm going to sit right in the front on the right side and revel in her deft musical type abilities.

bluepearl
02-23-2002, 12:09 AM
I noticed that a lot of guys have been really attracted to that particular percussionist.

I myself, have a crush on someone who used to be in the show, Kit. See that guy in my avatar? :swoon: I was blown away by his performance the first time I saw The Power of Blast, and by the end of the show I was completely taken by him! I was lucky enough to catch one of the productions of Blast at the Orange County Performing Arts Center, when he joined the touring cast. I was really sad to see him leave the DCA cast.

And there are a few other CMs around the Resort that I have developed crushes on. ;)

Nigel2
02-23-2002, 12:18 AM
Great now look at what you started.:rolleyes:

EandCDad
02-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by Uncle Dick
One of these days I'm going to sit right in the front on the right side and revel in her deft musical type abilities.

I sat there on my first viewing of Blast. Five minutes into it, I thought "This is the greatest show in the history of live theater." I was reveling like a madman. You have excellent taste Uncle Dick.

The cool thing about sitting there is she looked right at me. I figured, "she wants me." Then I glanced around and the guy playing the kettle drum was looking at me too. He raised his eyebrow at me. I thought, "those looks don't mean anything, they can't see cuz of the lights."

I heard the percussionist was engaged to this guy Kit. ;)

[Moderator's note: vB code fixed in quoted material. -- Lani]

BELLEH5
02-23-2002, 08:41 AM
There was this one cute guy worked on both the Matterhorn and StorybookLand. He was soooo nice to me. Cuz I was by myself waiting inline:)

gwegowy
02-23-2002, 09:13 AM
I am afraid I am a member of this club too! I thought I was the only one who had a crush on her. (shhhh-don't tell mickyd!)

EandCDad
02-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by gwegowy
I am afraid I am a member of this club too! I thought I was the only one who had a crush on her. (shhhh-don't tell mickyd!)

HEY, MICKEYD, LOOK OVER HERE!

MickeyD
02-23-2002, 09:51 AM
Wow, I'm shocked! I had no idea gwegowy had a crush on her. The drool on his chin when we saw Blast! didn't give it away at all! ;) I'm crushed. Well, I guess I don't feel as bad about the crush I have on the Tarzan in the parade now.

disneynut
02-23-2002, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by MickeyD
Well, I guess I don't feel as bad about the crush I have on the Tarzan in the parade now.

Oh yeah! And what a nice part of the parade he is! :D (It's so disappointing when Terk is on the elephant...)

Gemini Cricket
02-23-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by gwegowy
Somebody post her picture. I'm dying to see what she looks like now.
:)
I've had my share of crushes on various face characters and CMs. ;)

EandCDad
02-23-2002, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Gemini Cricket

Somebody post her picture. I'm dying to see what she looks like now.

Disneylad ;) ,
This isn't the best picture, but if you go to this page (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/showgallery.asp?ID=33&page=2) at DCA Central.com and look at the bottom picture, you will see her on the right on the front ramp.

Matterhorn Fan
02-23-2002, 10:44 AM
Does anyone know where a list of the DCA cast of Blast can be found?

Gemini Cricket
02-23-2002, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by EandCDad
Disneylad ;) ,
This isn't the best picture, but if you go to this page (http://www.dcacentral.com/dca/showgallery.asp?ID=33&page=2) at DCA Central.com and look at the bottom picture, you will see her on the right on the front ramp.
Thank you EandCDad! Now I have a mental image of Blast Girl.
:)

Rallymonkey23
02-23-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Matterhorn Fan
Does anyone know where a list of the DCA cast of Blast can be found?

I believe if you go to blasttheshow.com (http://blasttheshow.com) you will find them.

Matterhorn Fan
02-23-2002, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Rallymonkey23
I believe if you go to blasttheshow.com (http://blasttheshow.com) you will find them. Yes, there's a cast list there, but I think it's for the touring group. The official site doesn't mention DCA (at least not that I noticed).

cemeinke
02-23-2002, 03:17 PM
I don't think I'm at "crush" status but she's certainly my favorite Blast performer to watch ;)

Not Afraid
02-23-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by cemeinke
I don't think I'm at "crush" status but she's certainly my favorite Blast performer to watch ;)

Hmmmmmm. I see the need for developing a crush in my life.;)

Techie7
02-23-2002, 03:54 PM
I would have to say that this performer does pull focus and attention. I hear people talking about her after the show all the time. Sound like its not much of a secret.

Uncle Dick
02-23-2002, 04:05 PM
Here's (http://www.laughingplace.com/lp/DLUpdate47/big/P24-0004.jpg) another (not so great) picture of her playing the tambourine. Pictures really don't do her justice though. You've got to see her move.

I watched BLAST! today from the second row, middle section, right hand aisle seat, a primo spot for viewing the Siren of Cymbals. I wanted to just stare the whole time, but since I was sitting about 3 meters away from the stage, I figured it would blow my cover if I kept my gaze fixed on her. During "The Land of Make Believe", however, I could safely watch her perform in her little rectangle. It's a shame that she's way in the back for most of "Malaguena". At the end of the show, she passed within inches of me on her way out of the theater. Sigh...... I love BLAST! Next time I'll have to remember to bring my video camera.

bluepearl
02-23-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by EandCDad
I heard the percussionist was engaged to this guy Kit. ;)

Are you teasing me or are you being serious? ;)

I read on another board that the cast of DCA did a promotional photo shoot and that their pictures will be used around DCA soon. It was posted by a member of the cast. I haven't been to DCA to play in a while, so I haven't seen anything new (and they were still using that old photo on the billboard that faces Sunshine Plaza. Wish they could've done some with Kit.

Anyway...will be there tomorrow, but I doubt I'll be able to drag my friends with me to see Blast! I haven't seen it in a little over a month.

BELLEH5
02-24-2002, 07:52 PM
Sorry guys, I have never seen BLAST:( What exactly is it? Is in Hollywood Pictures Backlot? And when did it start?, cuz I was there in Nov and I don't remember hearing about it? Will it be shown in April? Sorry about all these questions. I'm just curious:*

Thank you

Uncle Dick
02-24-2002, 08:37 PM
Originally posted by BELLEH5
Sorry guys, I have never seen BLAST:( What exactly is it?

Hard to explain. Imagine a halftime show with a big ol' band and colorguard. Then imagine that everyone is given mind altering drugs and the volume is turned up really loud and everyone performs like their life depends on it. It's sort of like that, only better. More info can be found here (http://www.blasttheshow.com). "The Power of BLAST!", which is performed at DCA, takes five numbers from the hit Broadway show and produces a 35 minutes spectacular. At any rate, it's a must see. Best thing at the Disneyland Resort right now, IMHO.

Is in Hollywood Pictures Backlot?

Yes.

And when did it start?

Thanksgiving, I believe. Or somewhere right around there. I got to see it on it's second day!!! Woohoo!

Will it be shown in April? Sorry about all these questions. I'm just curious:*

Thank you

As I understand, it will continue through next November. Awesome, awesome show.

Techie7
02-24-2002, 09:43 PM
It is hard to find words to describe the show. I love it.