PDA

View Full Version : Definitive, Ultimate Answer...

pirateabbie
08-29-2005, 01:14 PM
So I have read the threads regarding the new fireworks for months now and now I would like to know what YOU consider the best, most perfect, ultimate spot for viewing the fireworks.

I wasn't paying too much attention at first because I thought I wouldn't get to see the fireworks as we are visiting Sunday through Friday morning. However, thanks to the Northwest mechanics strike, my flight that was supposed to get me in late Saturday night now gets me in at 1:00 Saturday afternoon. I called the Walt Disney Travel Company and they were more than happy to turn my six-day pass into a seven-day pass. Woohoo! I'll be by myself so I don't have to worry about saving spots for a large group. I am willing to wait for a few hours if necessary. I'll just bring my knitting and a good book! Thanks for all your help!

Alex S.
08-29-2005, 01:21 PM
In that case, especially if you haven't seen them before:

On the sidewalk in the front 60 degrees of the hub (that is, about 30 degrees to the left and 30 degrees to the right of the hub spoke that points at Sleeping Beauty Castle.

Andrew
08-29-2005, 01:22 PM
On the sidewalk in the front 60 degrees of the hub (that is, about 30 degrees to the left and 30 degrees to the right of the hub spoke that points at Sleeping Beauty Castle.
And get there five hours early. No, I'm not kidding.

PirateSmile
08-29-2005, 01:26 PM
Worst Place: Right by Frontierland. Ugh, never doing that again. You sit there for four hours and when the fireworks finally start, people that are just walking into the area just push you out of the way and walk right in front of you.

Best(est) place: By the Main Street Train Station or after the first show of Fantasmic. I could've gotten some GREAT pictures of Tinker Bell (flying over the moon i might add) from Fantasyland by the carousel, if only my camera didn't suck.

DisneyDustin22
08-29-2005, 01:41 PM
I would have to agree that right in front of the castle, just in front of the hub is the best spot. It provides you with a surrounding sensation of the whole show. You are truly in the middle of everything.

Darkbeer
08-29-2005, 01:42 PM
I am with Alex, in the "front" part of the Hub next to the castle.

Sunday at 7PM, there was quite a few folks sitting in the area, and the parade was still going on. Right after the Parade, a lot of folks move into the area.

And since this will be a 3 day weekend, I would get there before 6 PM if you want a prime seat.

Nothing beats the view of the castle, the Matterhorn, and being surrounded by fireworks in the hub.

DisneyDustin22
08-29-2005, 01:50 PM
If you're worried about losing park time, just make sure you arrive before they open and hit as many big rides as you can in the early hours. I know holding a spot at 6pm for a 930 show sounds nuts, but if you haul booty all morning and all day, a nice way to relax for a few hours is on a bench with some dinner and your dessert is a once in a lifetime fireworks show. by then you should be all rested up for another go round in what i like to call, the lightning round. where its crazy nuts running from 10-close to get on as many rides as you can. :D

DangerMouse
08-29-2005, 01:56 PM
So, how hard is it for one person to hold a place for their family of 5. Will people be angry or rude if I lay out a blanket or towel in the middle of the main street hub loop at say 6:30 pm to save space?

When I went in June, it didn't seem this bad. We were able to get front and center of the castle easily at 7:30 after the parade was over. :confused:

DisneyDustin22
08-29-2005, 02:04 PM
So, how hard is it for one person to hold a place for their family of 5. Will people be angry or rude if I lay out a blanket or towel in the middle of the main street hub loop at say 6:30 pm to save space?

When I went in June, it didn't seem this bad. We were able to get front and center of the castle easily at 7:30 after the parade was over. :confused:

You should be fine as long as you arent sprawlign out over a large area. But be warned, once 730-8pm rolls around, its anyone game and if you're one person who looks like theyre holding spots for 8 people, you better be ready to squeeeeeze your party in there because guests will grab up as much room as they can. I would say after 730 its very hard to hold spots with only one person. Two is a safe bet.

And dont even try to hold a bench with one person unless you have a sword and shield.

pirateabbie
08-29-2005, 02:39 PM
If you're worried about losing park time, just make sure you arrive before they open and hit as many big rides as you can in the early hours. I know holding a spot at 6pm for a 930 show sounds nuts, but if you haul booty all morning and all day, a nice way to relax for a few hours is on a bench with some dinner and your dessert is a once in a lifetime fireworks show. by then you should be all rested up for another go round in what i like to call, the lightning round. where its crazy nuts running from 10-close to get on as many rides as you can. :D

This will be day one of a seven day trip so I don't have to worry about fitting rides and the fireworks into one day. I'm happy to sit and read or knit for three hours to get a really good spot. Thanks to everyone for all the tips!

cosmicjive
08-29-2005, 03:07 PM
And get there five hours early. No, I'm not kidding.

I've done them in front of the castle twice, once on a Saturday and once on a Sunday. Both times we found a good spot in front of the castle at about 8pm. Ten minutes later and we wouldn't have been able to find a good spot. On a Saturday, you might have to get there a little earlier, but 5 hours is a little extreme.

-Jeff "etumor"

Whittibo
08-29-2005, 03:08 PM
Can you bring a small chair with you? Because one time we waited for 3 hours for Fantasmic with our 3 kids, about 30 minutes before the show, this heavy lady and her daughter SQUEEZED into a small little spot next to me (only about enough room for her daughter), I am not kidding, this lady's leg was covering half my leg, she was SITTING ON ME!!! I was SO annoyed.

We moved everything over a tad, squeezed everyone in my family together, and tried to make some room between me and this lady.. SHE SCOOTED OVER toward me! I was about to slap the snot out of the lady. It was day 5 for us in the park, it was busy that night, and I had been sitting for hours with 3 little kids.. I did NOT want some fat lady sitting on me!

I would think being in some low sitting chair, nobody could then sit on you. Man, that just ruins your whole evening, being sat on, and she didn't even CARE. What ever happened to "personal space"??

erica84
08-29-2005, 04:42 PM
In that case, especially if you haven't seen them before:

I haven't seen the 50th Fireworks yet and I just have a question: If I were to find a place on one of the benches facing Sleeping Beauty's Castle a couple hours before the fireworks start will the people who decide to show up late get a chance to stand in front of me and obstruct my view? Sorry for the long question and thanks for the help!

DisneyDustin22
08-29-2005, 05:04 PM
of all the times i have seen Remember this summer, the CM's on crowd control were doing a good job of making sure everyone who was in the middle of the crowd to be seated during the show. guests on the outskirts of the hub and surrounding area were standing but were not affecting views. usually, if someone is standing in front of you and openly blocking your view and others around you see this, i would kindly ask them to sit. usually the rest of the crowd will have your back and eventually the guest will sit. im just saying from what i have witnessed in the past.

Gone2Disneyland
08-29-2005, 05:37 PM

I usually only go by myself or no more than a couple of friends to see the fireworks (viewed five times from the hub now). But this past Saturday, I volunteered to save a spot for the THIRTEEN of us. :eek:

I had three others help, and we laid out my blanket at 7pm (an hour later than I'd planned). I was worried our space might get cramped, but the stars were in alignment that night and the crowds around me were tacitly mindful and polite of everyone's space (after one crabby mom took her family away after the end of the parade). When the rest of my group started trapsing in an hour later, we were good.

Our location was on the sidewalk in front of the Walt & Mickey statue, juuuuuuuuuuust right of dead center. And in that general area (the sixty degrees mentioned above), no one stands up; when the show starts, everyone sits right down and has a good ol' time. :D

rfaljean
08-30-2005, 08:22 AM
Can you bring a small chair with you? Because one time we waited for 3 hours for Fantasmic with our 3 kids, about 30 minutes before the show, this heavy lady and her daughter SQUEEZED into a small little spot next to me (only about enough room for her daughter), I am not kidding, this lady's leg was covering half my leg, she was SITTING ON ME!!! I was SO annoyed.

We moved everything over a tad, squeezed everyone in my family together, and tried to make some room between me and this lady.. SHE SCOOTED OVER toward me! I was about to slap the snot out of the lady. It was day 5 for us in the park, it was busy that night, and I had been sitting for hours with 3 little kids.. I did NOT want some fat lady sitting on me!

I would think being in some low sitting chair, nobody could then sit on you. Man, that just ruins your whole evening, being sat on, and she didn't even CARE. What ever happened to "personal space"??

Nope.... you can't bring in a chair. I tried to bring in my hubby's small golf stool and they made us take it back to the hotel. Said it was a safety issue.