PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice On How Many Days To Spend In Park

mollie1
08-29-2005, 08:06 AM
I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD GET A 3 DAY PARK HOPPER OR 4 DAY? there is 9 of us going with two kids 10 and three of them are 13, and 4 adults, do you think 3 days is enough to do everything and not be rushed, we are going in Oct. so hopefully wont be to busy.thanks

Wendi
08-29-2005, 08:16 AM
I DONT KNOW IF I SHOULD GET A 3 DAY PARK HOPPER OR 4 DAY? there is 9 of us going with two kids 10 and three of them are 13, and 4 adults, do you think 3 days is enough to do everything and not be rushed, we are going in Oct. so hopefully wont be to busy.thanks

If you have the option of more days, definitely take it. You may be able to do everything you want in 3 days, but you won't be so rushed if you give yourself an extra day.

hlbtimes2
08-29-2005, 08:18 AM
For the extra $10 per person, I would go with the 4 day, especially if you are going to be in the area for the 4 day anyway. That way you have the option if you need it.

Mark Mywords
08-29-2005, 11:35 AM
I'd say with that many people, get the 4 day. Your larger group size could slow you down and cause frustration if you're trying to cram everything into 3 days.

sand20go
08-29-2005, 11:47 AM
Hmmm....let me take a different tack.

A) How long are you in Southern California for and what else do you want to do? In other words, what is the fourth day displacing. I love DL but I also love a lot

B) Does your timeframe include either a saturday or sunday. If so I think that a reasonible strategy woudl be to go with the 4 day and think of your weekend day as your parade/fantasmic/fireworks day. Those things may ONLY be shown those days anyway (I am too lazy to check the entertainment calendar) and the park is crowded almost every weekend. Thus you could embrace a strategy of doing something else one of those days (beach?) and then come back to the park for evening fun.

In my mind 3 days is enough, especially in October and with weekdays since you will be able to walk on to many attractions and some others will be down for rehab/overlays. With strategic use of fastpass you should be able to do it all pretty easily.

Whittibo
08-29-2005, 11:53 AM
Keep in mind, the park hours are limited in October. I think it's 10am - 8pm or 9:pm???

This will be our 6th annual trip, and we'll have 8 days in the park. Even though we see it every year, we love to do it and not be rushed and we take breaks during the day. It's a VACATION after-all.. you shouldn't be exhausted when it's all over. ;)

TowerofTerror
08-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Well 4 day is good for the park.And even though the park has shorter hours the crowds wont be bad you should be able to get on everything

Whittibo
08-29-2005, 12:02 PM
Something else just came to mind... are you planning only 4 days for BOTH parks??

Pat-n-Eil
08-29-2005, 01:52 PM
Having such a large group with that variety of ages, the 4 days might be good. For me, I've decided that 4 days is too long now.. My next trip, whenever it is, will not be longer that 3 days. I can do everything I want to do in both parks multiple times in 3 days with my family of 4.. (or in the future perhaps just 2).