PDA

View Full Version : Sounds that take you to Disneyland

ilovebillyelvis
08-29-2005, 04:31 AM
I just had to share that I was so thrilled to notice that my washing machine when set to small load in the delicates cycle sounds just like the sloshing sounds of Mickey's washing machine at his Toontown house! I could picture the plungers. It brought such a warm fuzzy & smile to my face.

What sounds in the 'real world' remind you of Disneyland?

GrumpyUTboi
08-29-2005, 05:37 AM
Mrs Grumpy when she wakes up wearing Grumpy PJ's and saying good morning with the look of Grumpy on her face, or when my 3 year old wakes up and screams that he wants to see the Pooh RI Ride.

EeyoreAdorer
08-29-2005, 06:58 AM
My DH's snoring. It reminds me of Brer Bear snoring in his cave on Splash ;)

animagusurreal
08-29-2005, 08:48 AM
Sounds -

Train whistles

Anything that remotely sounds like the music to the electrical parade, especially that first sound (the "breeeeeeaaaaooooooo") The lowest key on my Yamaha keyboard when it's on Tuba mode sounds like that.

Though they're different, the funky sounds at the 99 Cents Store when they scan an item make me think of the tring! when they scan your ticket at the gate (I love that tring!) Actually, I think the 99 Cents store got their sounds from the music composing part of the Super Nintendo game, Mario Paint.

Sights (other than the obvious stuff like Disneyland t-shirts) -

The bench in front of IHOP where I caught the bus to the Santa Barbara train station to take the train to Anaheim.

The freeway enterance in Buellton (next to the Windmill Hotel from "Sideways") where we used to pick up the 101 down to L.A., where we'd pick up the 5...

The word "Anaheim" appearing on things like In-N-Out Burger placemats that tell the location of every restaurant. (Naturally, my eyes zoom right in on Anaheim.)

Smells -

Certain kinds of car exhaust smell like Autopia to me

Sometimes, in damp air, I think I get a whiff of The Jungle Cruise.

Oh, BTW, I love you guys' examples.

uvsc_wolverine
08-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Most of the sounds that remind me of DL are in my head. My favorites are the sound of the Mark Twain whistle, and the "Your attention please..." announcement at the DLRR. I also have a very, very silly one that I hear occasionally...the sound of a trash can shutting - the cans at DL have a very distinctive metallic slapping sound.

Skunker
08-29-2005, 09:03 AM
The sound Yahoo msgr makes when someone sends a message reminds me of the sound when they scan your ticket. There is also an airport near work and the sound of jets reminds me of the airport and trips to DL.

rfaljean
08-29-2005, 09:08 AM
There are some older cars and trucks that actually sound like the Jungle Cruise boats. That's one of my favorite sounds....

Skunker
08-29-2005, 09:15 AM
There are some older cars and trucks that actually sound like the Jungle Cruise boats. That's one of my favorite sounds....

Oooo! That's a good one, I love that sound too.

lauramaynot
08-29-2005, 09:42 AM
My computer gives walt's speech every time I turn it on.
My children laughing.
My husband complaining about traffic... :D

Speaking of sounds I just bought the new 50th anniversary edition of the official album of the Disneyland Resort. It is the blue one with the 50th logo on it anyway I don't think that enough was said about this edition of the album. It includes ALOT more of the older stuff than I thought there was based on others reviews of the cd. I highly recomend it to anyone who can't afford the six disc set. I LOVE the music of Disneyland and was impressed with this collection.

sand20go
08-29-2005, 11:41 AM
When I hear "Disneyland" I think of two "phrases" : "Now Boarding, the Disneyland Railroad" and "Dead men tell no tales!"

Whittibo
08-29-2005, 11:59 AM
AHHHH.. I don't have any favorites, but reading here just brings some good things to mind. Now if I could only bottle the churro smell, I could be in heaven all year long. :)

TowerofTerror
08-29-2005, 12:01 PM
no favorites either

DisneyDustin22
08-29-2005, 12:05 PM
No outside sounds in particular. But the music they play on Main Street when the park opens is always a great way to start the day.

ILoveChurros
08-29-2005, 03:17 PM
AHHHH.. I don't have any favorites, but reading here just brings some good things to mind. Now if I could only bottle the churro smell, I could be in heaven all year long. :)

Mmmm bottled churro smell...I'll give you an AMEN! to that!

MeelaneMouse
08-29-2005, 07:30 PM
Ha ha, I have two that get me every day! The door to go to our break room, when it shuts, it creaks slow and sounds exactly like when you are going back up the waterfall in the Pirates of the Caribbean! Then in my office, it's always kind of stuffy in there, but if I'm right under the air conditioning vent it smells just like the foyer in the Haunted Mansion! Same with our little car (doesn't get driven much), when you turn on the air it either smells like a bowling alley or the haunted mansion! :D

AlanaP
08-30-2005, 07:11 AM
the "whistle" when they put your AP thru the turnstile? That has become our code whistle..when we get in a crowd, or the 4 year old gets too far for comfort, or we need to get one anothers attention quick, we do that whistle..even the 4 year old can do it! Nothing makes me feel happier that that whistel..it means you are walking in to the HAPPIEST PLACE ON EARTH

YAY
79 days til I hear the whistle again.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
08-30-2005, 08:39 AM
really good jazz (30s and 40s era)always reminds of the french quater in NOS. and now the TOT (they actually use "mood indigo" from duke ellington in the que/lobby area of TOT)

the oboe reminds me of the very end of pirates when you are climbing back up the hill.