PDA

View Full Version : Help! I Need Advice On Where To Buy Park Tickets [merged]

mollie1
07-20-2005, 07:14 AM
We are going in Oct, and was wondering if any canadians booked their trip online, I am looking at flying out of Spokane as it is much cheaper than going from here, and staying at the candy cane , but what is the best way to get park hopper tickets? there is 9 of us going so looking for all the deals we can get. any advice would be appreciated. thanks in advance

Hoppypooh
07-20-2005, 08:38 AM
I am Canadian - but certainly not an expert! We are going to DLR in mid-September. We debated between the Candy Cane and HoJo's - but ultimately picked HoJo's because of the great price and so many great reviews from people on this site (and other sites.) We will be flying from Ottawa to John Wayne airport via Chicago. This option was much cheaper for us than flying to LAX.

I bought our park hopper tickets right off the disneyland website - there seems to be quite a discount for buying them beforehand this way instead of buying them at the park gate. I had them sent via regular mail and they arrived in about 2 and a half weeks.

Hope you enjoy your trip! :)

vickieluvsmickey
07-20-2005, 09:01 AM
I'm not Canadian, but my aunt is. Depending on how long you'll be here and how far ahead of your Disneyland visit, Costco sells 4 day tickets for $99.00 (even a better deal than online). My friend just bought them because she didn't renew her annual pass (going on a Disney cruise this year instead), but still needed her Disneyland fix. You'll need a Costco membership or know someone who has one. I know of one Costco in British Columbia, so maybe there are others in Canada. They may not sell Disneyland tickets up there, though, (maybe Costco.com ?) so you'd have to get them down here. As far as I know, the only blockout days on those tickets are around Thanksgiving and they're good for both DL and DCA.

I'm not sure if this is something that would even work for you, but just an idea.

Have a nice holiday.
~Vickie

charpaul
07-20-2005, 12:16 PM
since you are flying out of Spokane (my home town) - I know they have Costco there. Check the ticket situation out there if you can.

Our AAA offers Disney ticket deals - what about your Canadian version????

mollie1
08-04-2005, 08:39 AM
We are from canada and going in Oct, looking for the cheapest place to buy park hopper tickets, Would like to have everything done before we go , so is the best place online if so where , thanks in advance

Darkbeer
08-04-2005, 09:03 AM
I would wait until mid-September, to see if Disney offers any type of Fall special, then go to Disneyland.com, they offer the discounted ParkHoppers, and free shipping.

kimc0486
08-04-2005, 06:50 PM
Or AAA (do you have that in Canada?) If you book a package you can get enhanced fasspass.

phoenixfire2k5
08-04-2005, 06:52 PM
I've learned (and this is for everybody that doesn't have a Disney park near them) you can buy tickets such as park hoppers and annual passes at any Disney store inside your local malls.

Susan L
08-04-2005, 06:55 PM
Usually when you buy a 3 day or more park hopper you get a day free. So if you want 9 days of a hopper ticket book through the Disney Travel Co. or AAA get an 8 day hopper and get you 9th day free. I don't know if this offer is good outside these two travel companies, it might be, it might not.

Disney4Me
08-04-2005, 07:44 PM
We are from canada and going in Oct, looking for the cheapest place to buy park hopper tickets, Would like to have everything done before we go , so is the best place online if so where , thanks in advance

You didn't mention how many days you need them for. Like Darkbeer said, "Wait to see what specials come out" That is not a perfect quote but you get the idea.

I agree with him because BCAA had a five day for the same price as the Disney site. If you wait they may have the 5 day parkhopper for the price of a three day or something. I was impatient and going for at leat 7 days, (maybe 9 if we don't do Legoland or Universal) and bought annual passes for 209.00 Actually it was good incentive to go back next year before they expire. We are going in Oct. Have fun and good luck.

mollie1
08-28-2005, 08:45 PM
I Am From Canada And Need To Find The Best Place To Buy Tickets. There Is 9 Of Us Going So I Am Looking For The Best Deal, Has Anyone From Canada Ordered Them Online And From Where And If So How Long Did It Take To Get Them, Thanks

DianeM
08-28-2005, 09:27 PM
Most Californians get tickets through the American Automobile Association (AAA), or at grocery stores. But since you can't do that, Disney sells tickets on line. They are cheaper than you would pay if you waited until you went to the park. In all honesty - I don't know of anyplace you can get more deeply discounted tickets - the ones I get at AAA or the store are the same price. Pretty steep, when you factor in the exchange rate, but not as bad as it would have been a couple of years ago (my husband is Canadian, and we travel to visit family fairly often, so I track the exchange rate). Here is a link to the Canadian Disney site, and to the ticket purchase page (prices in U.S. dollars - you can get to the same link via the Canada site). Enjoy. :-)

http://www.disney.ca/disneylandresort/
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/reserve/ticketListing?name=TicketListingPage

I Am From Canada And Need To Find The Best Place To Buy Tickets. There Is 9 Of Us Going So I Am Looking For The Best Deal, Has Anyone From Canada Ordered Them Online And From Where And If So How Long Did It Take To Get Them, Thanks

ILovePoker
08-28-2005, 11:01 PM
:) You can buy them from CAA. The Canadian version of AAA. It's how we got ours.

GrumpyUTboi
08-29-2005, 05:38 AM
Great Escapes Vaction. The price is $20 per ticket cheaper than what you can get from AAA or from the park directly. We paid $800 for 3 adult tickets and 3 children tickets verses the $924 that we would have been charged through AAA and others.

tinksmommy
08-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Great Escapes Vaction. The price is $20 per ticket cheaper than what you can get from AAA or from the park directly. We paid $800 for 3 adult tickets and 3 children tickets verses the $924 that we would have been charged through AAA and others.

Where do you find them? I've typed "great escapes vacation" into google and didn't get anything with Disney tickets...

Thanks

PennyLane
08-29-2005, 03:34 PM
I always go with this company~http://www.getawaytoday.com.
They have great packages and they are so nice. :)