PDA

View Full Version : Tink book signing and reading (Vent)

Tinker Bell
08-28-2005, 04:42 PM
I would like to say how mad I am. On the Disney Gallery site it says

"Event: “Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg” Signing & Product Release

Event Date: Sunday, August 28, 2005

Book Reading: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.

Book Reading Location: Brisa Courtyard, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel®

Event Signing: 2:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.

Event Location: Brisa Courtyard, Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel®

Event Information:

What if there were a world where fairies lived... where they played music and danced and sang under the light of the fireflies? The wonder of it is that there is such a place. It is the world of Disney Fairies.

Newbery Honor Award-winning author Gail Carson Levine will be on hand to read an excerpt from her new book and then will join illustrator, David Christiana and the inspiration for the original Tinker Bell, Margaret Kerry, for a special appearance and signing of the “Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg” book and other merchandise related items, including a Fairies matted petite print, a Tinker Bell sculpture and pin. Merchandise will be available to purchase at World of Disney® , Downtown Disney ® District.

The following merchandise items will be available beginning at shop opening at World of Disney® on the day of release.

“Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg” Book

Retail: $16.99, plus tax

“Fairy Dust and the Quest for the Egg” Petite Print

Retail: $15, plus tax

Tinker Bell “Fairies” Sculpture

Open Edition

Retail: $75, plus tax

Tinker Bell with Fairies Dangle Pin

Edition size: 2500

Retail: $12.95, plus tax

Limit: TWO (2) pins per Guest"

Nothing bout the reading being invite only. I took my DD down there around 11 30am so we can get the book then go to the reading so she can read along.That's when a cast member told us we could not go into the reading it was by invite only. And that is we wanted to have our book sign we better get in line now cause there is all ready a line. My DD was sadden by this she was waiting all month to go to the reading and now all she got to do was sit on the sidewalk and wait for 4 hrs. We did get our book sign and then was to hot and tired to go into the park so we just left.So Bad on DL I am upset and plan on wright a letter to them.

Susan L
08-28-2005, 06:35 PM
All I can say is, if you feel you need to write a letter of complaint then do so.

Disney4Me
08-28-2005, 07:16 PM
That is sad. As adults we can deal with the dissapointment but it is hard for the little ones. Maybe if you write a letter and include a picture of her sad face they will be more clearer on their promotions.

animagusurreal
08-28-2005, 07:58 PM
I myself generally like signings better when there's a reading to go with it. I wasn't there and I don't know the specifics, but I think it would have been nice of them to arrange some kind of public reading for all the folks who lined up, even if they also had a special private reading for the invited people. At least maybe somebody else doing a reading of the book while the author read it inside.

Toonfinder
08-28-2005, 09:04 PM
That is sad. As adults we can deal with the dissapointment but it is hard for the little ones. Maybe if you write a letter and include a picture of her sad face they will be more clearer on their promotions.

I sort of disagree with this. While I don't enjoy the thought of young ones being dissapointed, they usually handle it much better then adults.

BUT... I do think it should have said the reading was invite only. Thats a bummer to show up not knowing that.

Wendi
08-28-2005, 09:08 PM
Wow, that is truly disappointing. They really shouldn't advertise an event that is invitation only, why bother letting people know about it if they can't attend? It seems so hard to get information from Disneyland about the things that are going on, and then they put information out there like this... they are not so good with communications.

08-29-2005, 12:53 AM
That's terrible, Tinker Bell. Inexcusable.

Tinker Bell
08-29-2005, 08:57 AM
Well I wrote them and we will see what they have to say.Thank you for letting me vent here first.

Alex S.
08-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I received an email in response to today's park update indicating she had been previously told that the reading was invite only; that the attendees would be winners of contests at area schools.

So it wasn't some kind of last minute change.

Tinker Bell
08-29-2005, 01:27 PM
I received an email in response to today's park update indicating she had been previously told that the reading was invite only; that the attendees would be winners of contests at area schools.

So it wasn't some kind of last minute change.

Who is "she" the person that talk to you. And who told this person? When was this told?I was not told and everything I read on Disney site said nothing to this fact.The main fact is Disney said that there was a book reading and nothing to the fact that it was not public.I did not find out till the day of when I got to the park and tried to get in.

CrazyTrain
08-30-2005, 12:31 PM
If it wasn't a last minute change, then it should have been up on the Web site a long time ago. I didn't even try to go to the reading, but I spoke to a few people who were disappointed like Tinker Bell that there was no previous indication that it was by invite only. I don't agree with that.

Disney4Me
08-30-2005, 03:26 PM
I sort of disagree with this. While I don't enjoy the thought of young ones being dissapointed, they usually handle it much better then adults.

BUT... I do think it should have said the reading was invite only. Thats a bummer to show up not knowing that.

I can honestly say (only based on my personal experience) that I feel I have more tools at my disposal and prior lilfe experience to deal effectively with dissapointment than my child does. He is still learning. That is not to say that I havent' met an adult or two that has issues. :)