PDA

View Full Version : Labor day, is it busy?

andrewam
08-28-2005, 12:03 PM
We are going to disneyland next week and was wondering if Labor day itself was busy? I'm would imagine the weeekend would be but didn't know if monday would as well. also are they really not doing the fireworks that night, thats what it says on their website.

tod
08-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Can I get back to you about that next week? ;)

--t

Seriously -- as a rule, the third day of a three-day weekend is pretty light. Not always, but more often than not in my observation.

DangerMouse
08-28-2005, 12:36 PM
We're going Sunday and Monday. Planning on seeing the fireworks on Sunday and saying goodbye to the EP on Monday. Praying that the crowds won't be awful.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-28-2005, 01:08 PM
One of the busiest weekends EVER, that I've been to DL, was Labor Day weekend. Of course, that was a long time ago...but...I have avoided it since then! Everyone on their last trips prior to school starting, etc.

DangerMouse
08-28-2005, 01:11 PM
One of the busiest weekends EVER, that I've been to DL, was Labor Day weekend. Of course, that was a long time ago...but...I have avoided it since then! Everyone on their last trips prior to school starting, etc.

Yeah, fortunately a majority of local schools are already in session. I'm hoping most people have already taken their summer vacations.

coronado_g
08-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I think it'll be a madhouse - especially without a fully operational DCA to take some of the overload.

TowerofTerror
08-29-2005, 01:17 AM
it will be extremely busy the whole weekend

GrumpyUTboi
08-29-2005, 05:50 AM
Does the sun rise in the east? Is the sky blue? Does 2+2=4? The answer to these questions is the answer that you seek. We have advoided DL at Labor Day weekend like the plague!

DangerMouse
08-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Does the sun rise in the east? Is the sky blue? Does 2+2=4? The answer to these questions is the answer that you seek. We have advoided DL at Labor Day weekend like the plague!

Well good, if most people think like you, I say the crowds will be manageable! :p

shawnarae
08-29-2005, 08:52 AM
I went to DL a few years back on Labor Day (just the Monday)......OH MY, I was crazy! Especially with 2 small kids. We did 2 rides, a parade & ate lunch. That is all we could do with loooooong lines and hot weather. In my opinion, it was over crowded and hot. I was hoping many people would not be taking late summer vacations and, with school back for many districts, I assumed it would be manageable. I would prefer any summer Saturday to Labor Day. Good luck to those going!! Take some bottled water & your patience :)

If you have small children & plan on waiting in long lines for rides (I have even encountered longer then usual FP lines) bring some "bribe" snacks like lollipops or Smarties to get them to stay happy & good in line. I find offering rewards for good behavior in line pays off with smiling kids :)

ttztotdca50
08-29-2005, 08:54 AM
What about Friday, September 3rd?

rfaljean
08-29-2005, 08:57 AM
I know the crowds are heavier this year because of the 50th, but... we went last Labor Day and it was fine. We went for about 5 hrs or so and hit Matterhorn, Indy, teacups (I think), Big Thunder-twice, Pirates, HM, lunch at Blue Bayou, Splash, and Winnie the Pooh without a problem.

It will probably busier than last year, but I was very surprised at how empty the park seemed.

Good luck!

shawnarae
08-29-2005, 08:59 AM
Good question........the 3rd? Not sure.

I would assume not too busy since many would be traveling that day (or the next). This year someone should let us all know the crowd size each day around Labor Day. Just so people know for next year :)