PDA

View Full Version : Saturday, August 27th - Where was everyone? Not at DCA!

Darkbeer
08-28-2005, 09:09 AM
Stopped by DCA for the afternoon (actually to hook up with friends to have Dinner), but stopped to check what was going on....

And wow!!! We walked thru the GCH entrance, and went to get GRR FP's since it was a HOT day..... The FP machines were offering FP's for 40 minutes later, the shortest return time, and stand-by was listed at 35 minutes.

The pathways were very quiet, Mulholland Madness had a 10 minute posted wait, and Soarin' had NO outside queue, just straight into the building.

Heck, it seemed like a off-season weekday crowd-wise, instead of a Summer Peak Saturday.

Here is a link to some photos I took.

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/764365

Wendi
08-28-2005, 09:15 AM
Sounds like my kind of day!

Wendi
08-28-2005, 09:29 AM
Cool fireworks pix - I assume they are from the top floor of the parking garage... looks like a great alternative view.

SCUBAbe
08-28-2005, 09:31 AM
wow...I guess this in on every board....:confused:...yeah DCA wasn't busy...so what? enjoy...you chose to go there ...again...

TowerofTerror
08-28-2005, 09:49 AM
that good wish i was there to see this

newportbeachbumz
08-28-2005, 10:02 AM
I was at my neice's b-day party at a farm in Moorpark .... long drive from the OC :) Wish we had gone to DCA yesterday. It was much busier on Tuesday when I was there! Great Pics...

coronado_g
08-28-2005, 10:55 AM
I always love your pics Darkbeer! :D

fjhuerta
08-28-2005, 12:36 PM
The thing I love about DCA is that it's empty. I just go there, ride the ToT, Soarin' and Screamin', and off I go again to Disneyland!

Name any other theme park that has such a nice little waiting lobby to cool off... I bet you can't!!!

ILovePoker
08-28-2005, 01:01 PM
I find California Adventure to be busier during the off season. We went on a Tuesday in February (not on Presidents week), California Screamin had a 40 minute wait. Mulholland madness had a 15 minute wait. It's A Bugs Life was fairly packed. Grizzly River Run only had about a 2 minute wait though because it's winter, but if you live where I live, you'll learn the true meaning of winter :D . Soarin maybe was about 10 minutes. The closing of Screamin most definitely brought attendance down.

MrsG
08-28-2005, 01:51 PM
We went to DCA yesterday just to cool off on GRR. We expected at least an hour wait. But surprise when the line was only 30 minutes long and at 3 in the afternoon. Then walked right into Soarin'. The line was so non-existant that we thought it might be down.

No such luck in DL, though.

Disneyfun
08-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Just got back from DCA today Sunday. It ws the same way. Was there on Friday. not that way very busy.!!

olegc
08-28-2005, 05:27 PM
Well, you can at least count on the fact that Matt Ouimet adds another notch in his counter for why they need to get more budget into DCA right now. I read in several places that this was part of the MO - to make it look so aweful in attendance that they budget would get pumped up a bit more. We'll see if that works in the long run.

Another reason I really think is that there is no draw there. Yes - tower since it's been around the disney parks for so long - but Disneyland has such history and so many character-themed attractions. It's a natural to take "the family" to a place where you have familiarity with many of the sights. If I were to take a family to DCA - even when it's not busy- more time would be spent on waiting for each other to ride rides than to do them together...