PDA

View Full Version : Bats day in the park is tomorrow Aug 28th

Pages : [1] 2

ToursbabeC3po
08-27-2005, 11:34 AM
I posted about this last week but I thought I would remind everyone. There are a few events like pictures in differant locations. For more information please visit the Bats Day in the park Website.

http://www.batsday.net/

cemeinke
08-27-2005, 11:35 AM
I will be there

SCUBAbe
08-27-2005, 11:40 AM
my daughter wants to go really bad, but I'm not sure if we will. we just went to sea world last weekend and gas is outrageous right now.

ToursbabeC3po
08-27-2005, 11:40 AM
Me too :-) I am not into goth but my daughter is so she is all excited!!!

ToursbabeC3po
08-27-2005, 11:42 AM
my daughter wants to go really bad, but I'm not sure if we will. we just went to sea world last weekend and gas is outrageous right now.

You should go it is very interesting LOL. And a lot of fun! I understand about the gas it is a joke!
Toursbabe

SCUBAbe
08-27-2005, 11:46 AM
You should go it is very interesting LOL. And a lot of fun! I understand about the gas it is a joke!
Toursbabe

we went last year. i woudn't classify it as fun in of itself, but watching my mother exprsions and her over dramatic outbursts about it was very entertaining...LOL...especially right before the castle shoot and everyone was meeting up for the picture and my mother is glued to my side whispering in my ear, "I'm amongst them!! *gasp* look at that one!!...I'm amongst them!"...she got used to it though...LOL...I think next I'll take her on gay day and tell her we're all going to wear red.....I haven't done that yet, but it would be funny to watch her on that day. She's a nice woman, but very close minded about most things. so, knowing this I take full advantage of it...*evil laugh*

ToursbabeC3po
08-27-2005, 11:49 AM
I made my boyfriend at the time wear a red shirt on gay day (he had no idea) he left LOL. But it was funny :~D Now I just go to gay day with "My Gays" I have more fun on that day then any day of the year.

Uncle Remus
08-27-2005, 12:01 PM
i wont be there, woohoo!

kinglouie1967
08-27-2005, 02:01 PM
Golly, I've never heard of this before. How cute!

I liked the suggested dress code batsday.com listed under their FAQs. Don't want some family from Iowa thinking that Marilyn Manson lookalike is a Disney cast member!

Isn't the National Baptist Association event that day, too? :)

RobGraves
08-27-2005, 05:56 PM
whoo hoo, i cant wait... im there every sunday anyway... but i will definitely be there tomorrow... whats this about the National Baptist Association thing... this could prove for some comic relief.

on a side note, i once convinced my grandfather to wear a red shirt when i knew the family was going to WDW during gay days...

Vegitabeta
08-28-2005, 03:47 AM
I wish I could go, I'm slightly gothic!

newportbeachbumz
08-28-2005, 07:51 AM
I made my boyfriend at the time wear a red shirt on gay day (he had no idea) he left LOL. But it was funny :~D Now I just go to gay day with "My Gays" I have more fun on that day then any day of the year.

My DH and my DS went unknowingly to Disneyland on gay day - both wearing red shirts :p He said it took him a few minutes to figure out why everyone was wearing red shirts. He (who is very conservative) came home laughing about all the looks he got and the fact that they were right in there wearing red with half the park! ROTFL :D

ToursbabeC3po
08-28-2005, 07:51 AM
Well I am out the door hope to see you all there :)

RobGraves
08-29-2005, 12:18 AM
had a blast today, that was fun... especially HM.

TowerofTerror
08-29-2005, 01:06 AM
wow i went after work.I didnt get into the park until after 10 pm. I saw lots of people dressed in black. I want to say it was well over 2,000 people my friend said she counted like 2,015 but lost count

cemeinke
08-29-2005, 07:30 AM
wow i went after work.I didnt get into the park until after 10 pm. I saw lots of people dressed in black. I want to say it was well over 2,000 people my friend said she counted like 2,015 but lost count

I heard the final "official" count for the mansion was 1313 - a rather auspicious number considering the location ;)

lauras5boys
08-29-2005, 08:11 AM
We took the kids yesterday not knowing about this. We couldn't figure out why there were so many people dressed in goth there. I had to come here to research it :p

My favorite was the goth parents pushing their double stroller with the 2 little kids dressed in goth too. One was sound asleep and it was so cute.

ToursbabeC3po
08-29-2005, 12:00 PM
We had a blast. It was a lot of fun!!!!

disneyperson
08-30-2005, 12:08 PM
Batsady was tons 0 fun as always. We were looking for Tourbabe and her daughter all day and finally found them in ,of all places, the Tomorrowland restroom. Her daughter looked simply adorable.
We had a fabulous time. The Cms were so happy and friendly . We were even wished a "happy batsday" from the CM at the gate.

cemeinke
08-30-2005, 09:30 PM
Here (http://photos.xenarchy.com/thumbnails.php?album=21)are my photos from the day. You might see some folks you recognize...

TowerofTerror
08-30-2005, 09:58 PM
yes i know the people in the pictures. The one in wheel chair is not cool she had issues when i went to a meet for a website called miceage

ToursbabeC3po
08-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Disneyperson it was so nice to meet you and your daughter :-) Thanks for spotting us and saying hello:-) I am going to try and post a picture of daughter here I don't know if it will work. She was a dead Tinkerbell!

http://www.myfibrosite.com/users/meow25/haunted2.JPG

TowerofTerror
08-30-2005, 11:57 PM
it worked just fine

ToursbabeC3po
08-31-2005, 12:03 AM
I guess I do have some brain cells left LOL!
Toursbabe

cemeinke
08-31-2005, 08:56 AM
yes i know the people in the pictures. The one in wheel chair is not cool she had issues when i went to a meet for a website called miceage

Not to make this about personal issues with someone who doesn't post here - but I had a lot of fun with her on Sunday. Actually, I had a lot of fun with all the folks who came out to play. Can't wait to do it again.