PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Non-disney Hotel

mickeylove
08-26-2005, 04:13 PM
Need some ideas for hotels, other than the Disneyland hotel for 2nd weekend in Nov.? Any suggestions, and prices?

stitchlvr
08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
Best Western Park Place Inn is my favorite. Usually it has good prices comparatively. And now we officially know it has the shortest walk!!!

DangerMouse
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm a HoJo lover, yes I am! I stayed at the GCH last time I went to DL, but I actually like the HoJo better. :eek:

Willie is the very best there is for making sure you are in the room you want and at the best price there is!

My one and only complaint about the HoJo is that they don't have microwaves in every room (but neither do the Disney Resort hotels). We end up bringing our own.

Disney4Me
08-26-2005, 04:52 PM
Need some ideas for hotels, other than the Disneyland hotel for 2nd weekend in Nov.? Any suggestions, and prices?

Katella Palms..kids eat free. Free shuttle. If you don't mind the 6 minute drive. Cool shark tank. Last person I spoke with said it was clean. Not the Hilton but good value.
:)
We have also stayed at the Fairfield. It was OK but but son is a growing boy who eats a lot so the kids eat free is a good thing for us.

rentayenta
08-26-2005, 05:43 PM
I have stayed at the Coast Anaheim and the HoJo. The HoJo wins it, hands down!

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 06:45 PM
Need some ideas for hotels, other than the Disneyland hotel for 2nd weekend in Nov.? Any suggestions, and prices?Anabella is nice $99 with Entertainment discount, I also like Anaheim Desert Inn, and the Park Inn. One to avoid, Del Sol Inn.

SCUBAbe
08-26-2005, 07:28 PM
we usually stay at the park in anaheim (top floor) or the tropicana...maybe one time we will try the best western, but the extra walk to the other hotels isn't bad at all...nothing like the walk to hojo's....

Darkbeer
08-26-2005, 10:10 PM
HoJo's won the MousePlanet Readers Poll in 2004, even over the Disney owned hotels.

Here is the link...

http://www.mouseplanet.com/more/mm050104avp.htm

And here is a link to disconts for HoJo's, they offer a 15% discount for DLR AP holders. But are offering a special 25% off rate through September 2005.

http://www.hojoanaheim.com/mousesavers/

DwoernAdale
08-26-2005, 10:35 PM
Since 2001 we have stayed at the Radisson Maingate, Park Inn(not to be confused with the other 'Park' named motels in the area), and Carousel Inn and Suites.

We stayed at the Carousel for the first time this month and it wins hands down over the others. The room was just what we asked for. It was clean, had new looking furniture, nice wood slat shutter type window coverings, a huge refer which was actually cold, and plenty of room for two adults and a four year old.

I was truly thrilled. For 5 nights. Then we moved to the Disneyland Hotel for three nights for the first time.. Oh man..

*Ferris Bueller* If you can possibly manage it, the Disneyland Hotel is choice..*Ferris Bueller* or something like that. I think we have ruined the Harbor Blvd. motel thing forever.

But I digress.

We got a rate from Travelaxe of $75 per night the first week in August for Carousel and it was the best value for price we have yet seen. I highly recommend it.

I Heart Disneyland!
08-26-2005, 10:46 PM
I love Homewood Suites on Harbor Blvd. Free breakfast, and it's a suite room with a living room, kitchen and bedroom. Love it!

Opus1guy
08-27-2005, 09:22 AM
Just of few of the previous favorite non-Disney hotel threads:

http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=36504
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=33012
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=32231

erica84
08-27-2005, 01:48 PM
My family and I stayed at the Sheraton this past July. It was somewhat pricey and the hotel itself was huge so getting to your room was somewhat of a challenge. They did have the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in! I stayed at the Anabella this past December and it was pretty nice as well. They don't have elevators (although it's only a two-story) but we had like 4 suitcases to haul up the stairs! It's not a close to the parks as other hotels are but we had free parking so it worked for us. Good luck!

kisroo
08-27-2005, 01:53 PM
If we're going on economy, it would be the Hojo. Otherwise, we love the Candy Cane Inn. :)

AlbertaMinnie
08-27-2005, 02:54 PM
Another vote for the Carousel! We've tried the Fairfield, Alpine, and Super 8 and they all pale in comparison! Ask for a higher level floor, but not directly under the pool (it's on the rooftop!) A decent continental breakfast, a nice sized/clean room, excellent service from all staff and the breakfast room allows for an excellent view of the fireworks if you are not in the park! From outside our door, I could look right into DCA! From the breakfast room, I looked right into DL! Nice and close to the crosswalk into the park (after being on your feet all day in the parks, I appreciate the close proximity to the park!) Free Parking! Hoping though to one day be able to afford a room at PPH, GCH or DLH! Until then, we'll continue to stay at the Carousel.

SCUBAbe
08-27-2005, 03:19 PM
I can't belive how many votes the carousel is getting. i stayed there once and it was horrible. One bed was slanted and the pillows were rock hard. We went up to the roof/pool to watch fireworks, but it was filled with screaming kids and parents ignoring them looking like they were half asleep in the lounge chairs. So, we went to a very hot and muggy breakfast room to watch them. The shower was all jacked up and flooded the bathroom and the air only worked so-so. We don't eat any hotels free breakfasts so can't comment on that, but I wouldn't go back in that hot breakfast room just to eat a breakfast consisting of low cost food. We have never been back.

we left there and went to the PPH hotel and it felt like heaven in comparison...LOL

RobRoz
08-27-2005, 03:46 PM
stayed at over 25 Hotel/Motels in the area and we love the Hilton Garden Inn.Free Parking,Free Shuttle,Free Hi-Speed Internet and maybe the nicest room we ever stayed in.

ILovePoker
08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
I recommend the Homewood Suites By Hilton in Garden Grove as well. A very large room, with kitchenette, full size fridge, 2 cable TV's, a bedroom, large bathroom, 2 beds and a couch that turns into a bed. Plus, you get a free HOT continental breakfast with unlimited drinks. Also from Monday to Thursday there is a free light dinner with different things each day. If you search around you can find a decent price per night. It isn't walking distance from Disneyland so you would most definitely need a vehicle to get there. There is also a target across the street from the hotel as well.