PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't Peter Pan have FP?

Pages : [1] 2

DangerMouse
08-26-2005, 01:58 PM
This ride is always packed. If they have had FP for rides such as Pooh, Star Tours and BTMRR, which don't have lines nearly as bad as PP, I don't understand why they wouldn't offer FP for something that ALWAYS has a horrible wait time.

Maybe it's b/c it's Fantasyland and their isn't room for another FP que? I hate waiting an hour to ride my favorite FL ride, especially since the ride itself is 3 minutes long.

Susan L
08-26-2005, 02:28 PM
This ride is always packed. If they have had FP for rides such as Pooh, Star Tours and BTMRR, which don't have lines nearly as bad as PP, I don't understand why they wouldn't offer FP for something that ALWAYS has a horrible wait time.

Maybe it's b/c it's Fantasyland and their isn't room for another FP que? I hate waiting an hour to ride my favorite FL ride, especially since the ride itself is 3 minutes long.

Good question! Here's a tip for PP, if you get to the park at opening, go directly to PP to do this ride first. If you want to do it more then once get right back in line after your first ride.

Andrew
08-26-2005, 02:29 PM
And for that matter, why is the line for Peter Pan so much longer than any other Fantasyland attraction? Well, except for "it's a small world", but that hardly counts. Pan consistently beats Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, Casey Jr, and even Storybook.

Mark Mywords
08-26-2005, 02:44 PM
And for that matter, why is the line for Peter Pan so much longer than any other Fantasyland attraction? Well, except for "it's a small world", but that hardly counts. Pan consistently beats Snow White, Pinocchio, Toad, Casey Jr, and even Storybook.

I've got to think its because it's a slow loader (like Dumbo, another killer line). It's not so much that it's a long line, but that it's an extremely slow line...

Pat-n-Eil
08-26-2005, 02:44 PM

This is a good reason to revive my contralized FastPass collection station. Whether it is the machine that is capable of printing FastPasses for multiple attractions or if it is an area (perhaps near the hub) where there are a bank of FastPass machines for all of the attractions that take FastPasses and you can obtain the ones you want from here.

This could be done both in addition to the current machines and/or instead of the current machines if crowding in those areas is a problem.

I know some will say this would be either impractical or provides some perceived advantage to the knowledgeable park goer over the first timer. I submit that a nice big park map with lighted indicators of where the rides are accompanied by a nice castmember (or a few) to assist would be a nice place to interact and get your bearings.

Just my 02 cents.

Disneynerd
08-26-2005, 04:13 PM
This is a good reason to revive my contralized FastPass collection station. Whether it is the machine that is capable of printing FastPasses for multiple attractions or if it is an area (perhaps near the hub) where there are a bank of FastPass machines for all of the attractions that take FastPasses and you can obtain the ones you want from here.

This could be done both in addition to the current machines and/or instead of the current machines if crowding in those areas is a problem.

I know some will say this would be either impractical or provides some perceived advantage to the knowledgeable park goer over the first timer. I submit that a nice big park map with lighted indicators of where the rides are accompanied by a nice castmember (or a few) to assist would be a nice place to interact and get your bearings.

Just my 02 cents.I've always thought this was a great idea Pat&Eli. It could bottleneck, but with some creative line direction, I think it could work. Maybe they could replace Innoventions with a revolving FP arena. As far as PP - he's always our first ride of the day. It bugs me there's no FP. I just don't think there is any room.

Andrew
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
FastPass distribution for Peter Pan could go into the shop next door, which at various times has been Villians/Knights/random stuff/Heraldry. It's currently Nothing again. FastPass return could be accomplished by adding a secondary entrance through the planter in front of the existing queue, with a join point at the last switchback.

lisap
08-26-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, it is the best dark ride in Fantasyland--one of my favorite attractions of all time. When the kids were little we would make a beeline for it first thing in the morning before the crowds got out of control. Now we go to Buzz :rolleyes: . I doubt they would ever change the ride vehicles to something like the ones used at DLP (and MK too? can't remember) with two rows in each ship instead of one, but that would be much more efficient crowd-wise.

Not much can be done with Dumbo--there's no way to make that ride a continuous loading one unless kids can be persuaded to leap from the elephants while still in motion. :p

Earkid
08-26-2005, 04:58 PM
Not much can be done with Dumbo--there's no way to make that ride a continuous loading one unless kids can be persuaded to leap from the elephants while still in motion. :pI'd pay to see that! :D

Niwel
08-26-2005, 05:09 PM
I think there are less ride vehicles in the attraction than in other attractions in Fantasyland, but the length isn't too much shorter. Plus it is one of the coolest attractions in the park. But even at 45 minutes (the typical wait) it isn't too bad.
FP I think would just make the line longer. Hit it either first in the morning or right after the fireworks (since the ride closes during it)...

SallySkellington
08-26-2005, 06:19 PM
I definitely think Peter Pan could use Fastpass. That and the Matterhorn.

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 06:59 PM
This ride is always packed. If they have had FP for rides such as Pooh, Star Tours and BTMRR,There is no Fast Pass for Pooh or Star Tours.

Andrew
08-26-2005, 07:11 PM
There is no Fast Pass for Pooh or Star Tours.
Not at the moment. Pooh's FP has been removed, but Star Tours' is just turned off.

sleepyjeff
08-26-2005, 07:22 PM
"ok gang, got all the fast passes we can get right now what should we go on while we wait for a return time?"......... :eek:

It is my most humble opinion based on very limited observation that Peter Pan has longer lines now then before fast pass :geek:

MrsG
08-26-2005, 07:40 PM
It is my most humble opinion based on very limited observation that Peter Pan has longer lines now then (sic) before fast pass :geek:
Probably true. I always thought that FP for PP wasn't possible due to space problems, and slow loading. The FP line would be just as long as the stand-by line. You'd just be waiting in a different place.

Disney4Me
08-26-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't remember much about this ride. I will have to ride next time we are there now to discover what I missed. Maybe I just went on it at an odd time or was distracted. I feel like I missed something. Oh well, soon enough I will be there and make a beeline for it like I have read and discover the magic!

Doug
08-26-2005, 08:26 PM
GAG! This would ruin the ride! See, this is a romantic ride if you have a date, not if you have strangers ride with you to... you know? The ride it's self is great, the FP idea I like... I would love to run over, get a FP earlier in the day, then ride the ride when it's dark out...

I doubt they would ever change the ride vehicles to something like the ones used at DLP (and MK too? can't remember) with two rows in each ship instead of one, but that would be much more efficient crowd-wise.

Doug
08-26-2005, 08:28 PM
Why does it close during the fire works? Do they close down all of FL for the fireworks.... how close can you be to the ride, to hop on once the fireworks end?

Hit it either first in the morning or right after the fireworks (since the ride closes during it)...

Doug
08-26-2005, 08:29 PM
Wait... poor had a FP.... Hmm... I may have seen it.... but why? What is the longest line you have ever seen for it? 3 minutes :>?

Not at the moment. Pooh's FP has been removed, but Star Tours' is just turned off.

lisap
08-26-2005, 09:02 PM
GAG! This would ruin the ride! See, this is a romantic ride if you have a date, not if you have strangers ride with you to... you know?

Someone correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but I don't think they put "strangers" together on one ship in DLP--it's just a better option for families. Like the Pooh ride. But not as romantic.

Niwel
08-26-2005, 09:06 PM
Why does it close during the fire works? Do they close down all of FL for the fireworks.... how close can you be to the ride, to hop on once the fireworks end?

Everything south of the carrousel is closed during the fireworks (they launch some effects from the tops of the attractions, so as a saftey precaution, the rope off the area. But hang out near Village Haus and as soon as they release the rope, you can go in.

Doug
08-26-2005, 09:10 PM
Ahem... I meant POOH ...

Wait... poor had a FP.... Hmm... I may have seen it.... but why? What is the longest line you have ever seen for it? 3 minutes :>?

Doug
08-26-2005, 09:12 PM
Ok, well, yes, I guess this is true, but so many rides you share with strangers, you know?

Can you tell when I reply emtionally :>?

Someone correct me if I'm remembering wrong, but I don't think they put "strangers" together on one ship in DLP--it's just a better option for families. Like the Pooh ride. But not as romantic.

THpoohbear
08-26-2005, 10:21 PM

Because hands down PP is the best dark ride EVER! :D It is definitely my favorite in the park. Where else can one fly over the London evening sky?

TrekkieDad
08-26-2005, 10:22 PM
It wouldn't be practical.

PP is classic ride that never seems to lose it's luster. I loved it in '55 when I was only 5, and it still fascinates me as an adult. (It must be the star field over London and watching the other ships fly by.) I always try to ride it at least once on every visit to Disneyland.