PDA

View Full Version : AP prices for children?

tlovesdis
08-26-2005, 01:06 PM
Does anyone know if AP's are cheaper for children?

DangerMouse
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
There are no AP kids' prices, sorry.

VickiC
08-26-2005, 01:10 PM
No, they are the same.

Gone2Disneyland
08-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Does anyone know if AP's are cheaper for children?

No, they're the same price. And personally, I don't understand why there can't be child rates for them, at least for the premium annual passport which includes parking tho' children generally aren't drivers. At least dink the $40 off for children for that. Btw I don't have kids, so it's not for me.

Osky
08-26-2005, 03:12 PM
No, they're the same price. And personally, I don't understand why there can't be child rates for them, at least for the premium annual passport which includes parking tho' children generally aren't drivers. At least dink the $40 off for children for that. Btw I don't have kids, so it's not for me.

Ah, but the driver doesn't have to be the one with the AP for the parking. The AP holder just has to be in the vehicle. You could have a park hopper ticket and your five year old in her car seat can have a premium annual pass, and you could park for free.

Earkid
08-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Ah, but the driver doesn't have to be the one with the AP for the parking. The AP holder just has to be in the vehicle. You could have a park hopper ticket and your five year old in her car seat can have a premium annual pass, and you could park for free.This is true, but you may run into problems using the merchandise discount. The person paying must me the one with the PAP.

My DH has a Deluxe and I have a Premium. If he wants a shirt or something I have to pay for it. We tried just having me stand with him in line and flash the PAP at check out, but nope.

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 06:50 PM
This is true, but you may run into problems using the merchandise discount. The person paying must me the one with the PAP.

My DH has a Deluxe and I have a Premium. If he wants a shirt or something I have to pay for it. We tried just having me stand with him in line and flash the PAP at check out, but nope.We've never had the problem. My daughter has used her AP when with my brother and he was paying.

Earkid
08-26-2005, 07:19 PM
We've never had the problem. My daughter has used her AP when with my brother and he was paying.They have let it slide before for us as well. But they always say "just this once". But several times they have refused to ring it up with the discount.

I feel cheated!! :eek:

SCUBAbe
08-26-2005, 07:26 PM
They have let it slide before for us as well. But they always say "just this once". But several times they have refused to ring it up with the discount.

I feel cheated!! :eek:

they told us flat out no...the ap holder had to be buying the merchadise. So, no discount for us...not that the $4.00 was a big deal. The Cm said the above and my mother said I'll just buy it and the CM started going on about the ap holder having to buy the stuff and my mother repeated herself that she would just buy it...then the cm may gave felt dumb, because we had to listen to her babble off the above rule all through the ringing up and paying procedure....yeah, we got it...we did not argue about it...we said ok....My mother will just buy the stuff...*sigh*

but maybe some pap do argue so we had to bare the brunt of it...:rolleyes:

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 07:40 PM
They have let it slide before for us as well. But they always say "just this once". But several times they have refused to ring it up with the discount.

I feel cheated!! :eek:Hmmmm, very interesting. For us, it really isn't a problem, as everyone has the passes. But my brother came with us and he didn't last trip and my daughter, who loves getting discounts, even though she doesn't have money to spend, loves giving her pass. She has shown her pass when I was buying, and no one questioned it, but I would have had my pass anyway.

Osky
08-26-2005, 08:06 PM
If you are paying cash, there is nothing they can do about it. You just hand the cash to the person with the pass and have them purchase it. No big deal.

Just from experience, they seem to not mind as much when it is a kid with the pass. I guess they expect the adult to make the purchase. My dad went into the store with my younger brother to purchase some items. My younger brother has a pass and my dad does not. They didn't question it when my dad paid with my brother right there. I guess they figure that his money comes from Dad anyway.

Disney4Me
08-26-2005, 08:15 PM
Just bought an AP for my DS 8, and myself. They were both 209.00 I considered getting him a hopper but after adding on an extra day or two we needed the annual pass was still a better deal. Maybe we can get down again before they expire.

One note though and lots of people on the board probably know. I heard an AP holder can get tickets discounted by 20 dollars or something like that. I am not positive and don't know the details.

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 09:39 PM
Just bought an AP for my DS 8, and myself. They were both 209.00 I considered getting him a hopper but after adding on an extra day or two we needed the annual pass was still a better deal. Maybe we can get down again before they expire.

One note though and lots of people on the board probably know. I heard an AP holder can get tickets discounted by 20 dollars or something like that. I am not positive and don't know the details.Generally, once a year they offer this to passholders. This year, they offered it to us in May-June. Otherwise, no we do not get discounted tickets.

Darkbeer
08-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Knott's and SeaWorld San Diego both offer lower prices for Childrens AP's. Universal Studios and Six Flags follow DIsney in the one price for AP policy.

Disney4Me
08-27-2005, 10:43 AM
Generally, once a year they offer this to passholders. This year, they offered it to us in May-June. Otherwise, no we do not get discounted tickets.

Thanks, I knew someone would know the details. :)

SCUBAbe
08-27-2005, 10:55 AM
Knott's and SeaWorld San Diego both offer lower prices for Childrens AP's. Universal Studios and Six Flags follow DIsney in the one price for AP policy.

also with the platinum AP for sea worls it comes with two free tickets with reserved seating so we can bring friends. It also gives us 20% off of tickets for friends...the sea worls AP has alot more cool perks than the DL AP. One of my favorites was the shorter drive in lane to get into the park and the really close parking....oh, and I loved the reserved seating for all the shows..:)

ToursbabeC3po
08-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I love my Sea World Pass and Knotts Pass. But I like my Disney pass more :)
Sea world has the best deal I think.
Tourbabe

SCUBAbe
08-27-2005, 11:42 AM
I love my Sea World Pass and Knotts Pass. But I like my Disney pass more :)
Sea world has the best deal I think.
Tourbabe

I can't really say I like DL more. The aprks are totally different offering different things. I can say I like DL more than knotss, SFMM and USH, but sea world has such different offerings it can't relly be compared. I don't go to SW for the rides......good thing, because the rides were really bad...LOL