PDA

View Full Version : Main Gate - Exit Only / Entrance trick

jrsharp21
08-26-2005, 12:28 PM
Okay how many of you line up at the main entrance under a gate that has the sign that says "Exit only"?

I know time and time again I walk up and see a huge line behind the gates marked "Entrance". But knowing they will open all gates, I go and stand in front of a gate marked "Exit Only". People look at you funny while you are doing this, but then when they come and flip all the signs there is a race to the gates that just got flipped and now you are first in line. :fez:

Osky
08-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Okay how many of you line up at the main entrance under a gate that has the sign that says "Exit only"?

I know time and time again I walk up and see a huge line behind the gates marked "Entrance". But knowing they will open all gates, I go and stand in front of a gate marked "Exit Only". People look at you funny while you are doing this, but then when they come and flip all the signs there is a race to the gates that just got flipped and now you are first in line. :fez:

If I ever did that, they wouldn't flip the sign just to spite me. Then I would have a bunch of people looking at me funny and laughing while thinking to themselves, look at that idiot.

hdlzx2
08-26-2005, 12:44 PM

Really? This works? I am going in Nov.
Someone else try this and tell me it truly works!!!!

jrsharp21
08-26-2005, 12:47 PM
It has worked everytime I have tried it. They usually open up all gates at open, so they flip them before they open them.

HydroGuy
08-26-2005, 01:48 PM
I thought they only opened even or odd numbered gates.

HorizonsA
08-26-2005, 02:15 PM
Great. Now everyone is going to do this.

Pat-n-Eil
08-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Great. Now everyone is going to do this.

Believe me, you are overestimating the size of the mousepad's audience in relation to total visitors.

It's amazing the knowledge you can get for free - yet so many don't take advantage of this opportunity.. :)

Disney Village
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Believe me, you are overestimating the size of the mousepad's audience in relation to total visitors.

It's amazing the knowledge you can get for free - yet so many don't take advantage of this opportunity.. :)

So true! I’m constantly amazed how so many of my friends who love going to DL and go regularly (by that I mean once or twice a year) have so little “inside information” to be able to take advantage of the “tricks of the trade”.

Even basic knowledge like Fastpass usage, or what Club 33 is or where Walt’s apartment is located might as well be a foreign language to them.

The Disney savvy internet community is a drop in the bucket compared to the massive crowds…which is why so much of this info is still good to know.

coronado_g
08-26-2005, 04:49 PM
LOL! But we are LARGE in spirit. :D

ToursbabeC3po
08-26-2005, 05:14 PM
:eek: Now that you have disclosed this information they won't do it anymore LOL. Thanks!!!

jrsharp21
08-26-2005, 05:41 PM
:eek: Now that you have disclosed this information they won't do it anymore LOL. Thanks!!!

Dang, now they will just have to let everyone in through the one or two gates. ;)

kc10family
08-26-2005, 08:05 PM
you are all so funny, I will try this next week and report back to the clan. I mean LARGE in spirit group of internet friends.

Doug
08-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Ok, now just to be clear... this is ONLY at opening, right?

Disney4Me
08-26-2005, 08:32 PM
It's amazing the knowledge you can get for free - yet so many don't take advantage of this opportunity.. :)[/QUOTE]

I only share this site with people I like a lot that have a genuine interest. If they are too lazy or don't care to research a trip or meet great people on line that is their loss. :eek: Now how bad did that sound..I am not a mean troll usually.

jrsharp21
08-27-2005, 07:27 AM
Ok, now just to be clear... this is ONLY at opening, right?

Yes, at opening when everyone is lining up to get in before the open the gates.

TowerofTerror
08-27-2005, 10:18 AM
Yes only during opening. I do this trick eveytime I'm there at opening

MouseLover
08-29-2005, 07:01 AM
LOL! But we are LARGE in spirit. :D

Yeah, that's the ticket....

I'm really not fat, I have a really large spirit....... :D

DaddyB
08-29-2005, 07:46 AM
I think they open all the gates only during the summer months. They don't have the staff during off-season to open all the gates.

jrsharp21
08-29-2005, 07:47 AM
I think they open all the gates only during the summer months. They don't have the staff during off-season to open all the gates.

This has been successful for me no matter what time of year I have gone. I do try to find the gate with the "Exit" sign closest to the gates with an "
Entrace" sign.