PDA

View Full Version : How Crowded is DL Week After New Years?

HydroGuy
08-26-2005, 09:21 AM
New Years Day will be on a Sunday this year. How crowded do you think DL will be on Jan 2-6?

TowerofTerror
08-26-2005, 09:24 AM
well i say crowded but not as bad as News Years Day. News Day is not really crowded. New Years Eve is a really crowded day.

Darkbeer
08-26-2005, 09:55 AM
Many California schools have switched to a 3 week Christmas Holiday, so you will find a lot of kids in the park.

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 10:04 AM
We are debating going on Dec 30-Jan 1st. How are crowds compared to Christmas week or Summer? And will Disneyland have Early Entry on that Saturday for Resort guests? I was curious if they discontinue that program during the busy holiday season. I checked & rooms are still availible, so that is a good sign. Right?

Darkbeer
08-26-2005, 10:14 AM
We are debating going on Dec 30-Jan 1st. How are crowds compared to Christmas week or Summer? And will Disneyland have Early Entry on that Saturday for Resort guests? I was curious if they discontinue that program during the busy holiday season. I checked & rooms are still availible, so that is a good sign. Right?

The Busiest week of the year for Disneyland is the week between Christmas and New Years, so be prepared for LARGE crowds. In the past, the park gates have been closed multiple times during this week due to the Fire Marshall capacity rules.

DisneyDustin22
08-26-2005, 10:18 AM
In the words of Robin Williams...

"Everybody! Come on everybody inside! Let's pack em in until we break all the health code violations."

VickiC
08-26-2005, 10:19 AM
Many California schools have switched to a 3 week Christmas Holiday, so you will find a lot of kids in the park.

Our district has a 2 weeks holiday but it starts Dec 24 and goes to Jan 8. I suspect that because of Christmas and New Years falling on Sundays, the week after New Years is going to be a holiday for most districts and the park will be more crowded than it normally is that week.

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 10:35 AM
New Years Day will be on a Sunday this year. How crowded do you think DL will be on Jan 2-6?
Normally, this time is pretty light. HOWEVER, the Rose Bowl is usually played on the 1st, and the crowds go home after the game. This year, the game will not be played until the 4th. So, all the friends, families, players, etc will be here longer, thus the park will be considerably more crowded than average years. This is also why the removal of the overlays was postponed to the 9th (vs. the 3rd last year.)

Malcon10t
08-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Those will be the busiest 3 days of the Christmas break. Last year's New Years Eve was the first in 4 years without capacity crowds. But, I love that time, and we will be there regardless.

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 10:40 AM
So (in your opinion's) which set of days would be lighter crowds: Dec 22-24 or Dec 30-Jan 1st?

Darkbeer
08-26-2005, 10:43 AM
So (in your opinion's) which set of days would be lighter crowds: Dec 22-24 or Dec 30-Jan 1st?

Both sets of dates will be busy, but the 22nd thru the 24th would be a bit lighter crowd wise.

DisneyDustin22
08-26-2005, 10:44 AM
I would try and go before Christmas Day as much as possible. Christmas Day til New Years Day is a nightmare at DL. Last year, Christmas Eve was pretty crowded but it was acceptable in my opinion. It wasn't wall to wall people like the next day was.

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks ;)

potcfan
08-26-2005, 02:14 PM
My family and I were there from December 19th to December 24th last year, although it was busy, we didn't think the crowds were too bad at all.