PDA

View Full Version : Questions about crowds in May/Hotels

CariBelle
08-26-2005, 08:00 AM
I have been wondering about the crowd size in May. My family (there will be 8 of us- 7 adults and one 4 year old) wants to go in the first week of May, Tuesday through Thursday. My Dad can't handle crowds very well, so we want to go at a time that won't be super crowded. We are looking into staying at the Best Western Raffles Inn ( I think that's the name! lol) Has anyone stayed in one of their Family Suites?

shawnarae
08-26-2005, 09:50 AM
In the past the first week of May has been great to go. School aren't out yet & the Easter (Spring) Break rush is over. Light crowds!! My son's Birthday is the first week of May, so we have been during this time in the past, and many rides were "walk on". BUT, I do know this past year (2005) was more busy because of the 50th celebration on May 5th. But I am sure next May will be back to normal. Especially if you don't go on a weekend. I say GO FOR IT! I don't like crowds either, so I understand your question!! And if you stay at a Disney hotel you can get Early Entry into Fantasyland on select days :) An added bonus I think is awesome!!! Hope this helps.....

babytmakes5
08-26-2005, 10:05 AM
We were there from April 29 through May 2, and we never had longer than a 15 minute wait and we never even had to bother using FP either. We got there each day right when they opened and we walked on most rides, except Dumbo. With three little ones under age five, we couldn't have asked for a better time to go. I'm thinking it will be a good time to go, even if there the park hours are shorter and there are fewer shows to see. We are planning to go the same time of year next year too--right after spring break--and hope the crowds are light again. Have fun planning your trip!

Trina

TowerofTerror
08-26-2005, 10:09 AM
it should be not bad very short lines

CariBelle
08-26-2005, 11:29 AM
Thanks guys! We picked that week because there are 3 birthdays (my nephew will turn 4 on the 1st and my Dad and Sister In Law share a birthday on the 6th) so we can celebrate all together, and it looks like we picked a good time!