PDA

View Full Version : Parade of Dreams - Photographing Show Stops?

Hoppypooh
08-26-2005, 07:53 AM
I am wondering where the best spots are for viewing and (especially) photographing the Parade of Dreams show stops? I know there are stops on Main Street but is that the best place or is it overcrowded? Are there show stops elsewhere?

I am going in mid September and will be catching the parade several times to see each stop.

Gone2Disneyland
08-26-2005, 09:28 AM
I am wondering where the best spots are for viewing and (especially) photographing the Parade of Dreams show stops? I know there are stops on Main Street but is that the best place or is it overcrowded? Are there show stops elsewhere?

I am going in mid September and will be catching the parade several times to see each stop.

Keep in mind that the sun rises along the Adventureland/Frontierland side of the park, for when you want to have the sun behind you.

I haven't found the "best" place to snap PoD shots, but I stood on Matterhorn way once, near the end of the Ariel photoshoot spot, and pointed towards iasw direction at the oncoming floats. I was able to capture the Matterhorn and occasionally the monorail in the background and was generally pleased with the composition.

I've been on Main Street a couple of times, but I have found one spot yet that I'm satisfied with. Hopefully someone else will post some tips soon.

TowerofTerror
08-26-2005, 09:29 AM
It depends on what you would like to see when it stop during the show

peoplearestupid
08-26-2005, 11:12 AM
There is a stop directly in front of the bathrooms in the castle - (the pathway from Main street on your way to the tea cups) this is a great spot to get close up pictures of the floats with the matterhorn in the background (instead of people heads!) Hint: claim your spot right next to the tree- no one in your way-not in anyone elses way.