PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping arrangements with a toddler...and some other burning questions!

princessnoknot
08-25-2005, 09:32 PM
Hey everybody, I have been a long time lurker gleaning information from everyone for our trip in December...it's been 9 long years since I've been to Disneyland and I cannot wait! (I am dying to see HMH! I'm a huge NBC fan.)

Anyway, I've been trying to find information on what people feel is best to do sleep arrangements wise for a 2.5 year old toddler who is used to sleeping on her own? She has been sleeping through the night in her own crib since she was a few months old--people are always so envious, but now I have a problem...what do we do while we're in a hotel? I've been toying with the idea of a suite so she can have her own sleeping space that won't throw off her schedule or keep her up all night because there are lots of people around. But they're all so far from the resort or really expensive...I've been spoiled by staying in hotels right across the street and I just love being that close to the park. Any suggestions on helping her get used to sleeping with a bunch of adults in the same room? Has anyone else been through this? Or any better ideas for a suite?

The other two people in our party are my husband and my brother (who is coming along to help with the Toddler as she adores him to pieces) and they are both newbies. My DH has never been to Disneyland and my brother was so young when we went as a family that he can't remember it. We are staying for 4 days...what do you think are the most important things to do to maximize the time we have? Plus it's been a while for me, so I wonder how different it will be from the last time!

Also, does anyone know if the parades/fireworks will be just on the weekends or will they show any of them during the week at Christmastime? We'll only be there sunday night and the rest will be weekdays. I will cry if I miss the snow!

So many questions...thanks for listening...can you tell I'm excited? :D

MammaSilva
08-25-2005, 09:38 PM
right across the street is a property called the Desert Inn and suites, VERY affordable, a parlour suite, which is a room with 2 queen beds, then a small living room (parlour) with a fold out sofa and a tv/fridge/microwave is only running about 110 a night in 'low/off' season....the only down side is the parking isn't the best, one car per room and if you leave to go someplace you're risking not having a 'good spot' when you get back.

Malcon10t
08-25-2005, 09:47 PM
My first choice is the Anaheim Desert Inn, we have stayed here, and the parlor rooms are very nice and private. If you are in for the night, you could have her in the front room sleeping, while the 3 of you enjoy the quite large bedroom area.

Another one is the Park Vue Inn. They also have 2 seperate sleeping areas, and are generally fair prices.

These are both at the crosswalk to Disneyland. DO NOT attempt the Del Sol, kid won't get any sleep. Anabella is good too if you get the mini suite. It has a seperate small room with a twin bed or you could put a crib in there too. But the main room would have a queen with a full sofa sleeper.

Park Place Inn has a "mini suite", but no seperation to give her privacy to sleep.

As for fireworks/snow, that should be happening from about the 17th of Dec on daily, before that will be weekends only, and I dont think they do it on Sundays.

Earkid
08-26-2005, 01:36 PM
My 2 yr old nephew was so tuckered out at the end of every day he would fall asleep where ever we dropped him!! :D

CNDKanga
08-26-2005, 02:10 PM
We travelled with an 18 month old and 3 year old and then a year later (2.5 and 4) and they were so tired at the end of the day there was never any problem getting them to sleep. We were just in a regualar hotel room with two queen beds (the first year the little one slept in a crib in the room.) Generally, my husband and I would put them to bed and then go hang out on the balcony for 10 minutes until they fell asleep. In May we are heading down and we will have a 2 year old, 4 year old and 6 year old and we will be staying in a standard room at the Disneyland Hotel...I don't forsee any problems.

itig
08-26-2005, 02:18 PM
As for fireworks/snow, that should be happening from about the 17th of Dec on daily, before that will be weekends only, and I dont think they do it on Sundays.

Quick question...wouldn't that be the 17th of November instead of December? Also, has it been confirmed that they are running the Christmas fireworks show or are they doing 'Remember' with snow or ???

Oh...and as far as a hotel, it sounds like it may be further than you want to be from the park, but we love the Embassy Suites in Garden Grove (about 1 mile away). It' too far to walk in my opinion (I did it once and was not amused), but the hotel is nice. Two rooms and a good solid door that keeps the sound out. Put the little one down and then out to the front room/kitchen area for TV or whatever. We also like their free breakfast and happy hour when we're around for it. It's a bit pricey, but we feel it's worth getting a free, nice breakfast and not wasting time going to a restaraunt in the morning.

Sounds like a fun trip! Hope you have a great time!

jrsharp21
08-26-2005, 02:22 PM
One of the hotels nearby (can't think of which one) has a 2 bedroom, 3 bed sweet. The rooms are seperated by a little walkway, where a door would normally be. In room is a king size bed, the other room has two queens. There is one bathroom that is between the two rooms and there are doors from each room to that bathroom. It is decently priced also. If I can think of which hotel it is, I will post.

adriennek
08-26-2005, 02:30 PM
Personally, my kids are horrible hotel sleepers. I think it really depends on the child and until you stay in a hotel with a toddler, you won't know. As babies they were fine but once they hit about 18 months they don't want to go to sleep in hotel rooms with the lights on. I've tried it with the eldest two and it's not an experiment I'm really eager to repeat with the baby.

Having a suite hotel was great for us the last time we took a trip. I'd rather not travel if I can't afford a suite hotel with my little kids. I'm hoping they'll get better about it when they're older!

Adrienne